Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd: 210 Employee Reviews

Canada210 reviews

guysafetyapprenticejourneymanoilelectricalwagetown

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd.

Great company that will allow you to advance if you put the time and work into it. Steady amount of projects to keep you working. Most jobs are local, but there is out of town work from time to time.

Good place to work, awesome team to work with

started my apprenticeship with Teck, they have treated me good. They recently made some changes to management, so far the new manager is great to work for. The crew I work with have been great, keeping steady doing local maintenance and wiring skids. pay and benefits are good.

Pros

Steady work, good crew

Cons

oil and gas work can be up and down

Insights into Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

good culture, great place to work!

love working here, management has treated me excellent. I came to the company as a second year apprentice and worked my way up to a journeyman and foreman. I have gained a wide range of experience mostly in oil & gas installations from gas plants to wellsite tie-ins. Some camp work , shifts can range from 10-4 to 14-7 with some decent overtime. the site safety and quality is the best in the industry, I would recommend this company to anyone.

Amazing Company to work

I have been with Tech for over 10 years, they have treated me excellent and always kept me busy through the tuff times. Safety culture is the best in the industry and the crew I work with are awesome guys. Started out as an apprentice and worked myself up to a supervisor role. I started out doing maintenance and small work and now running larger projects. I highly recommend this company for great experience and for good pay.

Pros

great hands on experince

Cons

oil and gas work can be up and down

lots of work, good management

if you are looking for a good career with advancement, this is a great company. been here for a couple of years, my foreman and manager have treated me good. Once I proved myself, they have me running small jobs and doing commissioning and start-ups.

Électronique

Je vous prie d'avoir confiance en moi et mon objectif est de réussir dans ma carrière pour avoir la bénédiction de Dieu et aussi de mes parents

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Courtes pauses

Cheap but steady work

They're probably the cheapest company in FSJ. They do all sorts of things to steal from employees. Electrical is also the most over saturated trade in the oil feild, which means low pay already. They won't teach you anything,you'll be laboring your whole apprentiship. By the time you're a journeyman, no one else will hire you because you have no real experience. However they are pretty good with requested time off. You'll always have steady work, and a set shift (15days on 6days off) And management is organized. I give this place 2 out of 5, if you really care about your career, choose a differnt conpany.

fast paced, good project work

enjoy working here, good crew to with and have gained some good experience. My time has been split on the road with some camp work and in town wiring skids. my manager has been really to good to work for and keeps us busy with stedy work

good company

worked here for 10 years, always have lots of work. typically 10hours a day, the crews are good to work with. Mostly oil & gas work with some solar projects.

Great place if you feel like volunteering. Blockbuster video pays more

If you ever seem me working there, shoot me. I've definitely hit the bottom of the barrel. The guys that work there help drive down wages for everyone else. Thanks again

It’s a place to work

I worked here for quite a long time in varying roles, getting to experience poor management at each level. They force employees to run trucks that belong in the tow mater movie, and tell you to be grateful you have a job to begin with if you complain about anything. Will keep you busy if you have no other options available to you.

Good peopole

All are nice and respectful of coworkers. Management is approachable and work things out. Customer relations are good. Many have stayed there for a long time

Always have work but cheep company terrible pay no incentive

Always have work but cheep company terrible pay no incentive The management is ok but there own interest comes as a priority not there workers Really push bbos but just for numbers reason not actually for safety

Pros

Always working

Cons

Poor pay

Fast paced with lots of work.

Is it a career? No. Its a reasonably good paying job. Fellow employees are good. Management is only ok. You have to keep on them about your rate. Their trucks are junk.

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Pay can be lower than it should be.

Great people, low wage

I’ve worked here for 6 years and the guys are amazing. Management is good depending on the site but the low journeyman wage is rough. I recommend it for apprentices who want to learn.

Good guys, job sucks

Typical low wage industrial company. When there's work there's lots. Morale is typically low, wage is low, turnover is high. The guys are usually good. Nothing binds a group together more than hating your job together.

Pros

Good guys

Cons

Wage

Fairly unorganized

Great guys to work with for the most part. Between projects and when starting projects there is a huge lack of communication. The guys out of the Ft StJohn shop are toxic to work for. If you are not one of there guys they treat you like poorly. They often say one thing and then do another especially when it comes to worker safety.

Pros

they at least try to keep you busy

Cons

All the good guys that worked here when I started are gone. They need to raise their rates.

Not somewhere you'll want to retire.

It's a paycheque. You're not coming here to retire hopefully. Put your time in and keep pushing out resumes. If you have a good head on you, you'll be able to rise up to Foreman or general Foreman rather quickly.

Cheap company with very low wages, they underbid projects to beat competitors and then pay their workers very poorly. Stay away. Poor working conditions with overcrowded lunch rooms and no safe place to store personal tools.

Great place to work!

Management is always willing to help you succeed, and there is steady work that makes your days go by fast with very little stress. The people in the office are great to work with.

Decent place to work, but wasn't the best wage.

There were good people to work with and the supervisors were friendly. I learned a lot and enjoyed the work most of the time. Was working a decent gig near Dawson Creek, BC. It was 2 weeks on and one off and the camp and and transportation were pretty nice. The rooms seemed pretty small but at least you had your own bathroom, which was an upgrade from my previous camp job for sure. The pay rate was below average, but the experience seemed beneficial.

Pros

Decent camp set ups, staff and atmosphere

Cons

Lower pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement