Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Employee Reviews

The people are great! I really felt like I was a part of the team and that I mattered. My boss was awesome! Everyone that I encountered was really nice, willing to help, truly wanted me to succeed and were very supportive. The office was beautiful. I was given every tool I needed to succeed.
Don’t waste your breathe with techmation.Scabby company driving rates down in the industryManagement is a jokeQuality of work from the guys is garbage, don’t blame them working for a 32/hr jman wage.Hope this company goes under.
Cons
This company seems to have it together but that’s only because they use every opportunity to take advantage of its workers. It’s a top heavy company that only cares what the owners take home and nothing else.
Pros
Fairly relaxed place to work.
Cons
Dose not help you grow as an electrician.
management team will not back you up or support you unless you have started your career and only worked there. Extremely high turn over rate due to this
Working for Techmation has been a great experience, the office staff are easy to deal with, the managers are approachable and look out for my best interest. Safety is a top priority, making sure everyone goes home safely every day with incentive programs. They have consistently kept me busy throughout the years as I progressed from an apprentice to a Journeyman.
Pros
Great group of people
If you're ready, willing and able to drink the kool-aide and the spoon fed lies they feed you, I highly recommend working here. Are you an enthusiastic, young, intelligent tradesman willing to work for the lowest rates in the industry? Do you enjoy getting a pay cut with absolutely no notice and taking it dry because your employer is the best in the industry at undercutting everyone else to buy up all the work? Well then, look no further and welcome aboard!
Regular electrical work in the oil field. Both inside and outside. Great environment and people to work with. Set schedule / hours, with great benefits.
i thoroughly enjoyed my time at Techmation and do not regret it. Great work environment with fellow coworkers. Pay is good and i always had plenty of hours.
Very toxic, demanding low pay, low value place to work.They don’t care about you or your family. You’ll get threatened that they have a hundred more resumes stacked on a deck to replace you
The company is very hard working and fast paced. There is no mentorship and production is highly valued. You will be fired if you are not productive from hour one. There is gas lighting and numerous competitive tricks to fit in.
Worked at a mod yard for them, it was a little disorganized,hard to get material when needed. being on night shift, we where mostly left to find our own work with very little info given from day shift but the crew that i worked with was good.
This comany is the lowest paying gigs out there. Too many 24 year old rock stars are being hired here. Arrogance is the culture here. Get it done fast. No safety at all.
Techmation seems to stay quite busy, mostly construction and out of town/camp work. Lots of cable and tray building. Fast paced always seem to be racing towards a finish date, but they take safety seriously and don't cut corners. Lots of room for advancement if you show initiative.
I started with them as a second year apprentice, I learn a lot while working with them, now I consider myself as a very good electrician because off Techmation.
Worked at Tech for 2.5 years, have no real complaints. Have learned a ton and if you're willing to work hard they will recognize you and give you more responsibility. They've always offered me a fair wage and they value safety very highly and will always listen to employee concerns. Probably the number one thing for most people is that they are constantly busy. Work hard and you'll hardly ever not be working! If people need time off for personal reasons they seem to be very accomodating and have extra resources for people with debt or personal issues who need help.
Pros
-Decent pay, Benefits, Lots of Work, Recognize hard work, Friendly management, Strong Safety Culture
Cons
Lots of work is out of town so this may be a con for some, Sometimes the camps you stay in aren't the greatest
Inter-provincial and camp work weather up north can take its toll every spring is slow due to thaw and roads too mushy to travel work can be up and down
Amazing group in our branch-Fantastic communication with Head office! Only downsides are the wages and benefits- they could be better-the opportunity for advancement in the smaller branches is not there
I worked at Techmation for a few years. They were always busy and always had work when i was available to work. Great crew to work with no matter what site i was on. Managers, supervisors and foreman were easy to talk to. Great group of guys!
they had no jobs anymore so theyb laid a lot of people off. they were good until they had no more jobs to keep guys going in. it was alright. wage was okay
I have worked for Techmation for the last eight years. I've been constantly busy with them while the competitors were in slow times. There is lots of room for advancement within the company. They manage to keep you busy all the time. People are willing to teach the green and new apprentices so they can become better as a tradesperson. Overall a good place to work. Good safety culture.
Pros
Constant work, good group of people, lots of opportunity
Work was good wages , safety ,foreman and superintendents were a joke. Nothing was ever put together as a task.or.project. Never had enough material and had to supply your own power tools. I have never heard of such a thing. Especially such a big company. Never had bits, blades of any kind and they wonder why the production is down . Lol go figure!