Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd

Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd Employee Reviews

Great to work for
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
I started my trade with them. I was fortunate enough to learn under some great journeyman. Gained a lot of experience early on that wouldn't have had the chance for elsewhere.
Observations
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB14 March 2018
There really is no typical day at Techmation. Most of the work is in the field and you can be pulling wire and cable one minute and then doing some repair or maintenance the next. Construction is a major part of the work at Techmation.
The hardest part of the job at Techmation is the time away from family. Each job has a different schedule. One could be 7 on/7 off, 10 on/4 off, 14 on/7 off, 15 on/6 off up to some possibility of 24 on/4 off.
The characters yo meet on the job make it an enjoyable place to work. Like every job it has some down sides but these are few and far between.
Decent Company
Electrician-Industrial (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Pretty good to work for. Has a good safety culture, salary and benefits on the lower side. Pretty high turnover on jobs, but tries to keep the better people.
Cheap management
Industrial Electrician/SCADA (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 February 2018
Unorganized management, some good guys to learn from, some weeks have lots of work and some weeks are slow, never had to supply coveralls, power tools, and meters all at the same company
techmation
Electrical apprentice (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB14 February 2018
they people are great as much as the pay is not as great. they always try and get you work or be in touch about work. i would reccomend this company to anyone
no one knew what was happening
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
no one from management all the way down to the workers could have something straight. guys were good. management and office staff knowledge was lacking
good employer
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB5 February 2018
lots of work, good guys, worked as field QC,all round good job,
flights provided,flyin/fly out.safe work environment.foreman were helpful, good advise, no write-ups
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Unsure of what actually happening no clear picture and information slow coming.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Aidrie21 January 2018
Promises made about employment then then reneged . Tell you one thing and then do something else totally different. Everything had to be done one the supervisors way , you would be doing some thing what one supervisor would tell you to do then another would come by and tell you to do it all a different way and to change everything only to have the first supervisor to come back and give you a hard time for doing it the wrong way and not his way .
Cons
to many thieves
cheap company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 January 2018
cheap , liars
apprentices be foreman, lead hand, QC, unbelivable management
jman foreman make same money as other jman. how can this happen?
Jman need to listen to apprentices. there is no rules at this company
Pros
no pros
Cons
tons of cons, need a day to speak out
Not well run and bad levels of communication
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 December 2017
There is no communication from the top down and the jobs I was on were so badly run. Seems to e to be an old boys club and if youre not in your not in. They had lots of work though.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Lots
Long Time Employee
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 December 2017
I have worked at TECL for over years. They have great people and have always worked to keep me busy. They is room to advance if you take the opportunities given to you.
Great Company!
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie8 November 2017
Good company with great Management! They have kept me busy through a very tough economic time, I am very grateful! I have had the opportunity to take on new roles and advance my career. They are proactive with safety, our tool boxes are some of the best I have ever attended. The management group have always been respectful to myself and treated me very well. I would want to retire with this company.
Pros
Good people, excellent projects.
Cons
None to report, I will continue working at Techmation as long as I can.
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies...LOL
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
It all begins with a parole deduction of $ 150.00 for coveralls and a hardhat. Gloves you will find out are your responsibility. Be prepared to spend your weekends taking unnecessary courses on your dime. If that is not attractive enough, bring all your drill bits, taps, and power tools cause you will need them to complete projects (not supplied.) Best of all; The moronic management that keeps breaking “Golden Rules,” by withholding critical information from employees and rectifying the situation by releasing good workers to save face.
Do the industry a solid, walk away from this company you are better then this.
Pros
Employees are awesome!!!!
Cons
Everything Else...
Great Company
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 October 2017
Techmation encourages workers to follow safe work practices, and wants workers to get home safely each and every day. Other workers around job sites have positive attitudes and a great work ethic.
Pros
flexible
Poor, deceitful management
Fourth year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 October 2017
When I applied for the job I was told they'd been steadily busy for years, and had tonnes of work lined up. When I got to the mod yard (in Blackfalds) I found that they had truckloads of people driving from Calgary and Edmonton daily, without travel pay. Then they continued to hire people up to two weeks before they began laying people off as the project neared completion.
Even within Techmation, the Red Deer office in particular has a poor reputation. Upon getting laid off, I was told I'd receive and email update for more work within the month, after nearly two months I received an email with a three hour window to reply on a Friday so that people could be shipped out Monday. Wouldn't go back.
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Poor, out of touch management
Nothing to say
Electrical (Current Employee) –  Canada19 September 2017
Rather not say anything negative , has not been ideal for me wage wise. I've always been paid which is always a positive when working as a middle class.
Its a nightmare
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB29 June 2017
Horrible company to work for as in pay this is residential wage. I'm currently seeking else where to work this company is a joke......................
had work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 June 2017
normal work hours and days. lots of unknons with work and future. felt like getting the run around all the time . not sure what to say I'm trying to fill up the character count
Great Company to Work For! Steady Employment!
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Acheson, AB8 June 2017
I have been employed with Techmation for several years and they are a great company to work for. If you are willing to work hard and demonstrate your loyalty, management will recognize this and promote you. There are great opportunities for growth and they do their best to keep you busy during slow economic times. Great co-workers! The company is very safety oriented.
Young Core Group - Great Safety Culture
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB6 June 2017
A company where your not just a number but a part of something bigger. Consistent work, although some travel may be required. Competitive wages and excellent benefit packages. The best part is the co-workers. Young core group and easy to get along with, and great learning environment. One of Canada's Safest Employers for Young Workers and one of Canada's Best Health and Safety Culture.
Pros
Co-Workers, safety conscious employer, consistent work if your good
Cons
Sometimes you may have to work out of town.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Techmation Electric & Controls Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.