Tech Data Management reviews

Fun atmosphere great for new talent to learn from and move on to better opportunities
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2018
Management issues some are great if your lucky enough to land on the right team.
co-workers are for the most part great people to work with every day shadowed by a few immature clicky groups
work life balance
Great place to start and learn from.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, Alot of great people work here
Cons
Not much recognition unless you embrace the clicks, a bit of a high school atmosphere, not very professional
Good company, team environment
HP Server/Storage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2017
Good team environment. I had a wide range of official and unofficial responsibilities. Because the pre-sales support role was relatively new when I started, it was constantly evolving. I was able to help to define the role. At times, the division of labour was unclear, between sales, product management and finance. The presales role touched all of these areas. However, overall it was a good experience.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Too many responsibilities.
Fun workplace with little growth
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Tech Data is a great company to work for. It is a fun and semi-fast paced environment. However, there is little place to grow and management is lacking management skills, oddly enough. The culture in the company is great and everyone is very friendly. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what is to come. The most enjoyable part of the job is being involved in various events while working closely with vendors.
Pros
Fun environment, great co-workers
Cons
Management, poor work-life balance
Working Environment
technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2015
Great company to start your career and advance is nearly impossible. People in the company are great. Benefit and employer RRSP contribution are nice. Management is ok.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary
Very Productive team and great enviroment
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario26 September 2015
I was able to work with a great and very productive team. Management did a very good job of assigning tasks and managing the workload for all of its employees
Busy place to work
Reverse Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2015
Not an ideal place to work. Not everyone get recognized for the work they do. Dept. managers favor only those involve in brown nosing.
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
sometimes long hours
Very fast paced environment
Senior Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2015
Fast paced technology distribution company. Dealing with management, co workers and ware house folks on a daily basis.
JUDAS Type of Employer
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauaga4 November 2014
They award you one month and lay you off the next. A false culture fabricated on intimidation and self doubt. Bully type culture - harrassed by Management and nothing was done.
A fast paced environment, goal orientated, and everyday was exciting.
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2013
Tech Data is a distributor of I.T. hardware, software and service products. Tech Data sold product through our reseller partners.

As a National Account Manager, I was the outside sales representative responsible for the National resellers such as CDW, Insight, Dell, Softchoice, and TigerDirect - and responsible for managing these accounts.

My responsibility included developing relationships with purchasing, product management, and their sales teams. I enjoyed the relationship management, working with their teams uncovering larger sales opportunities. I was responsible for larger RFP's, uncovering longer term business opportunities (in regards to vendors or services offered), as well as ensuring the daily run rate business ran smoothly.

I led our inside team through formal meetings as well as informal discussions, offering encouragement and strategic help when required.

My bonus was based on Revenue and $CGP monthly targets. Management was always encouraging - gave specific goals and gave us the flexibility on how to achieve them.

It was a demanding job and alot of follow up was done at the end of the day - I had the ability to work in the evenings, enjoyed this flexibility.
Pros
I loved working with my customers and company had great people to work with.
Cons
Management and Executives have been their for a long time, so was not much room for new opportunities.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 July 2013
This is a company that has it all. Very good balance in all aspects of the work environment. Tech Data strives to be the best in their industry and they make sure that they retain their top quality associates and management team. Great place to work for.
Good working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2013
Read thorugh Emails, prepare quote, achieve sales quota
Sales and communication skills
Management is OK, but sometimes lack of communication
Good relationshsip with co-workers
It is hard to achieve sales quota
Good potential to make spiff
Pros
Free Lunches and Spiff
Cons
Long Hours
unethical management and politics
Logistic Associate (Former Employee) –  richmond, bc21 May 2013
this company is not in favour of the welfare of its employees. They treat you as a criminal because you are sick. Plenty of discrimination. HR turns a blind eye to any reports filed by lower level employees. HR sides with management and does nothing to resolve disputes.
high quality goods, with great service
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 March 2013
Co workers and management are great in this company. Family values and worker safety rate high in this company. Time management and accuracy are skills you would learn here.
Pros
family orianted
Cons
pay could be better
no fun
Summer Part-Time - Green Mile (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2013
good place to work.Real nothing to learn.Management keep thing for themself .Co-worker some are very good people some ok.Wake up in the morning around 2:30a.m especial in the winter time .We start around 4 a.m in the morning.
Enjoyable time ;Inventory time a lot of overtme and company provide lunch or dinner
Pros
free dinner or lunch when we are doing inventory
Cons
long hour[ inventory time]
Great
Inside Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2012
Great company culture
Career advancement opportunities
Great Management
Pros
diversity
Cons
commission structure