TEC Canada Employee Reviews

Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
Company has had some major changes in the last few years, all for the good. Culture that is team oriented and people that really care. Great people to work with. Some room for advancement although not a huge organization, but lots of room for learning and developing skill set. Very interesting product if interested in leadership development.
Pros
Team culture, learning opportunities
Cons
Can be unnecessary process bottlenecks and pettiness at times
Great team to work with
Intermediate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2015
I work closely with CFO on month end duties, year end file updating and wide variety of analytical projects. Decent amount of politics, great leadership team, great CFO who is a good mentor. Good working culture
A good company with some growing pains
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada5 May 2015
I cannot speak for all departments, but the lady with whom I worked, was the epitome of professionalism. With her guidance I learned a lot, especially about how to be organized and professional when it came to assisting the executive team.

There was however, a culture of pettiness which needed to be overcome. The concept of the company has great potential. However, it was marred in inefficiencies during the time of my employment (duplication of tasks, lack of clarification as to who was in charge of what).

My salary could have been more competitive yet it is important to remember that this is not an energy company and therefore the budget is somewhat smaller.

Overall this was a good company to work for at that stage in my life (green to the administrative world and relatively junior).
Pros
Fridays were relaxed
Cons
Pettiness and lack of clarity re: job purpose
Unbeatable Networking Opportunity
EXECUTIVE/PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO CEO/CHAIRMAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2013
What I learned most during my tenure at TEC Canada was my ability to shine in the most diverse situations outside the scope of a typical Executive Assistant's job description.

Every job evolves (or it should) and this one veered more towards the 'personal assistant' side as opposed to the 'executive assistant' side, steering me away from the business career path that I envision for myself.
Pros
Once a year travel to different destination in the United States
Cons
Challenging personalities
Great
Audio/IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2012
Developed and maintained the CRM system used by employees. Created numerous modules needed for reporting, billing, and planning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEC Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

TEC Canada Reviews by Location