TDL Group Employee Reviews

Culture change
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 March 2018
There was a culture shift once RBI took over the company. Work Life balance was no longer the case. Was told that RBI should be first and foremost on the employee mindset and family second.
Terrible Management
Distribution Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 January 2018
Over worked most days. lied to daily by supervisors and management. mistreatment of employees. verbal abuse.
promise of advancement but never actually get promoted unless you are friends with a supervisor.
Environnement de travail dynamique et productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  10590 côté-de-liesses, Lachine,Qc2 January 2018
- contact client face a face.
- régler les Plaints.
- multitâches.
- Administration.
- Management.
Pros
Rapidité
Cons
Assurances
Just a number
Manager of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 December 2017
Not a mentoring or coaching environment. little to no Culture. Work life balance is not important to the executive team. Zero based Budgeting.
Hardest part of the job was defending the actions of the Corporations decisions.
Pros
Vehicle benefit
Cons
poor salary and work/life balance, no mentorship
TDL use to be fun , but not anymore.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario5 September 2017
TDL use to be a great company to work for, but with the change in management , not anymore. I use to work 14 hours days and weekends.
I have learned a lot specially in the last 2 years bringing in a new Payroll system.
Pros
barbaque once a year.
Cons
very long hours
Progressive Care
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 May 2017
It was amazing to be part of the growth of a Canadian Icon through a culture of caring for human relationships during my tenure. Participative management and the coddling of all customers as progressive leaders in business and community.
Operations Representative
Corporate Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2017
Long days, many weeks away from home - fair pay with a great social atmosphere and tons of travel experience for an entry level graduate looking for managerial experience. Pack your bags - you may not be home for a while!
Worst management ever
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC12 December 2016
the bosses were the worst, when they went on vacation the place ran better then with them, extremely unprofessional and didn't even know their job well.
Pros
really good co workers for the most part and great benefits
Cons
everything else
Do it if you have too
Customer Service Representative/Driver (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 January 2016
Work as driver . Long hours . It takes few years to get the schedule . Tough work . Money was good .no life for few years what do ever .
Still better then GFS .
Poor place to work
Clerk/Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Guelph12 August 2015
This was once a fantastic place to work, with lots of opportunity and job security.
The new owners have no respect for the employees or desire to see to anyone be appreciated.
Great Job to be in.
Corporate Interior Designer/DPM for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2015
It started with daily meeting. Update project list and went though my projects to see where I was at.
• Supervises and directs Construction personnel, including setting schedules, monitoring performance and progress, taking corrective action as required. Reviews and checks the restaurant fixture plans and working drawings for individual projects to ensure that company standards, building codes and design criteria are met.
• Conducts site visits prior to, during and post construction to inspect physical settings and determine construction modifications.
Great people and team to get the task done.
Maintenance Technician- Millwright (Current Employee) –  Guelph, Ontario1 April 2015
A typical work day at TDL would involve doing PM's, fixing breakdowns, and maintaining safety, while learning different roles/trades within the company.
Well balanced company with great job work balance
Receptionist / Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 March 2015
Very busy fast paced training area, with dedicated team members, after working there for 20+ years I learned alot from my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was always being "on" but it was very rewarding to get to meet people from all over Canada and the US. The best part of my job was the ever changing desk environment with new people to meet each day and how to look after their needs in a timely friendly manner.
Great colleagues, however, strict work environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 September 2013
TDL was a great place for me to work because it gave me an opportunity to gain many skills in Customer Service. I believe that Customer Service is one of the hardest jobs to do. It's not often that people contact CS agents with positive feedback so it teaches people to react quickly to issues/complaints. I believe that this position taught me excellent problem solving skills, how to handle complaints professionally, and how to multi task. The hardest part of the job for me was the fact that I was constantly getting my contract renewed with new contracts but there were no openings for full time work. This particular place of work was not flexible at all with hours, which is understandable considering people need to call in between certain hours and we needed to be there, however, after working in places that offered flex hours, I found this to be a less desirable environment.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Strict work hours and managers
Pleasant atmosphere to work in
Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2013
Like many aspects of working for the company Great co-workers and the general part of the job was good Some areas could have been improved with the work list as time did not allow for reviewing what had been done before going on to the next assignment. This allowed for the odd error to be made. I am a very detailed person and did not like not having the time to check on the work processed.
Pros
great co-workers, great team work
Cons
work overload - not enough hours in a day to complete
great culture on the floor
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 January 2013
Great place to work. Shifts go by fast. Floor employees are amazing to work with!
great place to work and be a part of.
Refrigeration Operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 October 2012
Working for TDL was a great experience. They have great people who know how to get the job done. Working the 12 hour shifts made family life complicated or I would have never left. I enjoyed every second that I spent with TDL.
Pros
great people
Cons
12 hour shifts
quick pace environment
order selector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 July 2012
in a fsat pace environment with little room too move
I did learn to use a double pallet end rider