TD Wealth logo
TD Wealth

TD Wealth Employee Reviews

Work life balance was appreciated

Made lots of friends - good culture - lots of communities to get involved in - depending on the department you work in, management might not be that great at doing their jobs.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Difficult to move around the company

Financial Planning Associate - Toronto

The interview went for about 1.5 hr. The interviewers will play the part of the mean, eccentric and demanding Financial Planners and see how you interact with them and resolve the issues. The salary to start is about $45 000. Average benefits. The work environment: They basically hire International students who dont have work permits and proper visas so that the employee turn around doesnt sky rocket. You will be an associate for minimum 2 to maximum 7 Financial Planners. This number will increase in case your colleagues are away or absent. You will handle all the secretarial / clerical tasks for the financial planners who you work for. This includes but not limited to answering calls, booking appointments, sending out monthly emails, filling out applications, resolving any issues that may arise. You'll be an assistant who will not say no. In the pool of Planners you will handle, there will always be a demanding one, a disorganized one, a terrible communicator and one who doesn't even know basic financial planning. Your job will be to fill the gaps. You bonus and salary increase will depend partly on how your financial planners rate you. If you plan to take up this position you should be ready to bend over backwards. I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone. This is a very stressful environment with never ending work which you may or not be appreciated for. In term of growth, there aren't many opportunities to grow within the department. You have to agree to a two year term as a financial planning associate when you accept this position. In the -

Great opportunity to learn and grow

you can learn a lot about the mutual fund industry and financial planning for clients. learn to allocate capital to different asset classes and funds.

Nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there

Cramped, noisy, and unassigned office spaces, compounded with office politics, very competitive environmen, and a culture of indecision which leads to wasted efforts or nothing getting done. Strong code reuse practices through the use of common modules.

Great place to learn the business! But terrible management.

Company business model is not very efficient or fair. job is not equitable and the level of stress is very high compare to the paid you receive. Not enough support from managers for career advancement or growth.

Pros

Great parties

Cons

Terrible management

Difficult work environment

The training was very minimal and the systems are a patchwork of many different programs that have been cobbled together over the years. The expectations were very high and it was often not a good work environment.

It is a very competitive environment

It really depends on the location you're placed and how co-operative your branch staffs are, especially for new Financial Planners, they do require a lot of referrals from retail banking in order to be successful.

Pros

You may build your own client relationships and grow your own book.

Fun place

People are great, their processes are a bit too stringent. The training they provide is good but pay attention to authentication as it is different from other brokerages.

A lot of areas to learn and to grow. Very welcoming culture. Large company with many areas that you can choose to enter into and grow within. Lots of communication between departments.

Collaborative but competitive

- Great team culture all around, but very competitive. - encouraging team leaders and approachable Vice presidents. - Mentor-ship relationship with leader.

I don't want to comment

I do not want to comment on my experience. It was good when I started and as it was reorganized 4 times within 2 years things like leadership began to get worse

Depends on The Advisor

Some advisors are good, some not so good. The work is fair and can be easy or difficult. It depends on the individual and their capabilities. I liked most of the people that I dealt with.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at TD Wealth. The staff are great to get along with and the benefits were great. The only reason I left was because my advisor changed firms.

Good workplace

I was pleased to work there. I was pleased to work there. Good team, good kind mentors, nice friendly people. Salaries and working atmosphere are very good.

Supportive incentives

Work with a great team with financial planning. Manager very hands on and passionate about work. Very supportive and lots of positive incentives to keep morale high

Challenging yet rewarding environment with lots of opportunity

Perform portfolio review for investment advisors to help them analyze their existing client investments. Meet with advisors and analyze their entire books of business to create a more efficient practice.

Pros

Good work environment, flexibility to work from home, interesting projects

Cons

Lack of direction communicated by leadership

Poor management lead to my quitting TD Wealth

I have already answered all these questions under TD Private Investment advice which then in turn became TD Wealth. The advisors were okay to work for it was management why I ultimately left TD. I should have transferred to another location instead of quitting but was told that was not an option. I had no choice but to leave and felt I was pushed out of a company that I had dedicated 12 years of my life to.

Pros

A big company, great benefits

Cons

management couldn't manage (new to TD, deceitful)

Amazing culture

A typical day of work at the desk is very intense but the amazing team and the enjoyable environment makes it fun to work here. One of the third party platforms providers once told us, this is the only place amongst the banks we deal with where I see people smiling at their desk.

Pros

culture

Cons

Salary

Positive Work Environment

Great place to work. Great people to work along side and for. Positive and genuine people. Very respectful and show appreciation for your abilities. Very friendly and supportive work colleagues and managers. I thoroughly enjoyed going to work every day. I had no difficulties.

Pros Excellent opportunity to learn investments mechanics. Paid certifications and study time Management and coleagues are great. Cons Focus on very short tern metrics

Great place to work if you have a helpful manager

I learned how the office atmosphere is and what you need to do to move up in the corporate world. The work the place culture is very supporting if you have a supportive manager. The hardest part of the job would be balancing all the time sensitive tasks.

Pros

Friendly employees

Cons

Commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Wealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement