TD Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Pay, Stressful Job
Insurance Advisor (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 September 2018
I worked there for a few years. It got worse as the company grew. You used to know your colleagues but know you just feel like a number. I went from feeling like an insurance professional to just another call centre employee.
Although they do provide great pay and benefits, it wasn't worth it in the end. If you don't mind being micro managed, and being glued to your desk when it's busy ( which is all the time but way worse in the summer) then the pay and benefits may be worth it. I had many managers, some good, some bad, but they are normally to busy to help you. The call volume is out of hand most of the time so customers and cranky, and rightfully so.They never seem to have enough staff to handle the calls. You don't have your own clients so you end up fixing tons of other peoples mistakes. I switched shifts to help out and was spoken to about logging in 5 seconds, yes SECONDS late. You'll also have to log in an out every time you get a coffee, use the washroom, go to a meeting or leave your desk for any reason. I have a lot more to say but i'll leave it at that.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Nice place to work
Express Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 September 2018
Flexible hours, great benefits and bonuses. Work/life balance is important. Good training and overall work environment. Nice office building with modern furniture and desks. The full menu cafeteria is a bonus along with a gym.
Proactive and Great Team
Claims Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
A typical day at TD was full of many tasks, with great support if needed from colleagues, I learned many great tasks. Part of a great Team with a motivational and supportive team leader. great experience with very nice people.
Pros
many office events
Terrible Experience
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 August 2018
Great pay....that's about it. They brag and brag about how amazing the job is in training, then you go out to the floor and it's a different story. I failed a call review and got spoken to from my manager about it. In training they told us that we would have somebody sit with us once per week for the first 4 weeks to review our calls with us. I had that happen ONCE, and she had to leave half way throughout the call to attend to something else. If you cant do the job, they will get you to y-cord with another rep for a week, then back on the phones with you. You don't get breaks, just a 1 hour lunch, so your stuck on the phone for 4 hours or more at a time per shift. People are dropping like flies in the Halifax office and for good reason. The people who were hired in the last 6 months realize that the training was absolute garbage. It does not prepare you for the job whatsoever. Trying to get assistance where to find something, managers say "Oh, just check your resources", yes thats a great idea, but people do that. Its difficult to find the answer to one specific question a customer has in a database of over 10,000 pages. They insist on you saying all this "legal disclosure" stuff over the phone, and they say if you dont the company can be sued. That is a complete lie. If you go to a insurance broker, they do not have to shoot off the same things TD makes you say on the phone to customers, making the calls over a hour and making the wait time for customers longer than it should be. If you work there, you will meet 2 types of people. The ones that have been there for years,  more... and think it is the best job they ever had, or the people who were recently hired who hate going to work everyday. To top it off, getting 2 days off in a row is virtually impossible unless you manage to work there for 5+ years. It is very hard getting stuff done on one day off, where your other day off is Sunday, where nothing is open medical or government wise.  less
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Management, customers, the "green blood" culture
Hours
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 August 2018
The shifts at TD are typically late ending because they serve the western provinces meaning you will have to work on those hours. The office is very crowded.
Stressful and won't get anywhere unless you brown nose
Licensed Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 August 2018
Great pay, great benefits, great incentives & perks but absolutely horrific management, next to no training before being thrown into the job with no support. The only way to advance is to be a suck up. The job is stressful mainly due to the management and the lack of training and support. The company is all about numbers, quantity over quality 100%. They make the job seem amazing in the beginning during training and it all goes downhill from there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Everything else
Well let me say
Claims Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time at TD. The company does an exceptional job for it's employees and customers. They have a very strong focus on work/life balance as well as overall health. The benefits as an employee are terrific and the pay was way beyond anything else out there in Saint John for call center environments.
Inclusive and stimulating workplace
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 July 2018
TD provides a very stimulating and inclusive environment where everyone is given the same chance to grow and move on to another position as they please. TD encourages continuous learning and has great benefits for its employees.
Pros
work from home
Cons
under staffed
fun
Customer Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 July 2018
good company to work for. lots of benefits. good atmosphere. Diverse. lots of energy. good compensation. good colleagues. good managers. good environment
The best company so far
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 July 2018
The leaders are so nice and approachable. Young and dynamic. they will take time to talk to you. You will feel that they are not there because of stats but they are there to help
Pros
Benefits, Leaders
Cons
Federal Licensing Exam. Insurance Advisors need to pass it
Short term
Front Desk Reception (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 June 2018
I worked here on a temporary basis. The work life was good, not too stressful had a lot of time to myself since i was just front desk.
But the manager and colleagues, i worked with was amazing.
Great culture, great management, lots of opp. to advance
Bilingual Insurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 May 2018
The unlicensed role offered two weeks of paid training and was quite simple. Mostly involved sending pink cards for vehicle policies or taking payments, The advisor role offered about a month and a half of paid training as was actually writing, selling and binding policies. Paid quite well (weekly) and the culture was awesome. Very welcoming management and lots of room to grow.
Pros
Great space, good vibe, opportunity for advancement if you're willing to work for it.
Cons
At the end of the day, it's still a call centre.
Very busy
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 May 2018
They are never really organized, they keep changing protocol and procedures. They are always understaffed approx 150 claims per analyst. The employees are great to work with.
Only contract work for new hires
Service Officer (Contract) - Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 May 2018
People at work place were good. But new hires are only on short term contract. So every 3 months the person has to look for new employment. Difficult to get transferable work experience in 3 months
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Short term contracts
Great Place to Work, Fun People, Great Atmosphere
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2018
I have found this place to be a great place to work. The balance between life and work is great. The people I have worked with over the past couple of years have become my "work family". Management is very understanding, comprehensive and well maintained. Benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Vacation Days, Personal Days, Benefits, Christmas Holidays
Cons
Big Over Turn of Legal Assistants and Lawyers
good
Analyst Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2018
as in direct writer and for training they were awesome. I am so grateful to have trained at TD. They can micro manage quite a bit and have lots of "weekly awards" of different kinds that can get tiring. But the staff on a whole was amazing was a fun, nice atmosphere.
Pros
training
Outlook in a day at TD
Residential Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2018
Typical day at work is extremely fast paced, ongoing learning, and constant communication with clients and vendors. Hardest part of the job is to deny a claim when you know the client desperately needs the help. Most enjoyable is when I can assist clients efficiently, empathizing, making the client experience as simple and pain free as possible.
The versatility in work culture is wonderful and is maintained with a happy balance to all.
I have acquired an understanding of the claims process, when to move forward and how to appease the clients where needed the most. Understanding the clients needs is key, and offering solutions to issues that arise. Growing with a team of professionals, adapting to learning curves with success.
I have learned processes from start to finish, the programs are our tools to be successful in assisting with the workloads. I have built close relationships with ongoing enthusiasm and gratitude within the team and with customers.
Management works closely to find solution, and alternative ways to address up coming issues within the work process. Working diligently offering solutions, using rewards, with an effort to make the work place a fun environment to be in.
workplace cutlure
National Insurance Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2018
very good work/life balance
very supportive
great place to grow
customer service is difficult but at TD Insurance it is always easy to keep our promises and provide legendary service
Career development encouraged
Auto Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 February 2018
Career development encouraged
Strong customer focus
Friendly staff
Hard work rewarded by Management. Chance to advance within the company.
Open office policy
Pros
Easy access to Management
Cons
I can not think of any
TD Insurance
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 February 2018
A company that focuses on customer first and places alot of training on satisfying customers. Management seem to be disinterested at times, which leads to lack of motivation towards their team members. Theres plenty of room to grow and move around, however they do have a strict timeframe with regards to staying in your role despite excelling. The onboard training was probably the best part and talking to customers is quite enjoyable aswell. If the culture could be revamped, then it would definitely improve its overall rating.
Pros
Plenty of benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Lack of leadership, poor environment