TD Bank Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 March 2018
I was very proud to work here, great company. Good great training, advancement and highly recognized for my work.
However, they expect you to devote all of your time to them.
Management will shun you if you do not put your job first.
Health and family are not priorities in their eyes.
Workplace is competitive and fun place to work with
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canada,ON5 March 2018
Providing the right benefits plan is key to attracting and retaining employees. The health insurance is great, it covers most of the medical services.
Unethical practices and management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
I was fortunate enough to work with some good colleagues and the salary was reasonable but that is where the positives end.

The sales aspect is shoved down your throat and they will do whatever necessary to compromise you instead of help you. Case in point; I met my first sales quarter on an average of 25-30 hour work weeks. For my next quarter, I was expected to do 6x as much; on par with the full timers. That's okay but what wasn't okay is they cut my hours in half down to 12-14 hours a week as they brought in other more experienced staff. I would be amiss to note that they publicly share your sales numbers with everyone else in the branch. I imagine this is typical but when you pull stunts like having the lowest earners listed in huge font to bring home the point of who is doing the worst, it's quite jarring.

Perhaps the biggest disgrace is how unethical Management is. I requested a leave of absence on account of some sudden health and personal matters. I was informed by Management that I could take as much time off as I needed and that my position would be there for me when I was ready to return.

I then later received a corporate letter stating that after 30 days my branch would be under no obligation to hold my position. I received this letter by the 4th week of my leave and/or right before the 30 day deadline.

When I confronted management about it, they just towed the company line, ignoring their purposeful disregard of misleading me about this information when I first requested the leave of absence.

Maybe it's just one branch, but they represent everything
  more... that a terrible institution embodies. They aren't worth your time and employment.  less
Pros
Good rates on credit cards, decent salary
Cons
Management, Policies, Ethics
Management are insensitive to resources.
Web Funds Admin (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
After spending a year upgrading to become productive as an entry level web / java developer, TD Hired me as a junior (think pay scale) then persistently placed me into responsibilities that a senior mainframe application developer could only succeed in.

My background is that of a Senior Application Analysis / Developer. I've served many roles as a contractor. I was and remain capable in the Mainframe environment.

After 4 years of being emotionally oppressed (I've had some years to think about this), they provided me with a, without cause termination package. I had asked through an e-mail how I should word my mid year review, "Am I a Junior Web / Java Developer or a Senior Application Developer". Two weeks later I was let go.

Given I'd already worked through the upgrading process but due to the employment opportunity that had been provided, after 4 years of employment, I had few skills in the Web / Java scope of technologies.

TD Bank's management deliberately pooched my career. When hired, they had me for a minimum of 6 months or, I would have not been seen as a workable resource. After the 6 months, they persisted to promise skill building opportunities. While they played lip service, they did not provide a work environment that was constructive for developing skills. Zero mentoring was provided. After 4 years of this, I had built some skills and managed to supporting a set of application in the Web / Java technical set; however, my job role / responsibilities were aligned to primarily support Mainframe Applications. Sadly, when other application groups experienced
  more... difficulties, I would be motivated to assist. My job role defined as a entry level and paid accordingly, yet I was being used as a Subject Mater Expert for Mainframe Application design and support for other groups.

I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Termination without Cause.
Cons
In My Humble Opinion, they have zero integraty.
Nice teammates double standards
Claims Adjuster accident benifits (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
They claim you will receive about 1 new claim per day however you’re getting 20 per week. The file counts are over 225 which should only be around 175. They have so many activities or “to do” per day it’s impossible to keep up. There is favouritism, if your manager likes you you’re fine. If you’re not the popular one they pick on you. The work load is impossible to manage.
Benefits
Cons
Impossible work load and they don’t care
Great job for an introduction to sales experience.
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2018
I worked as a Financial Services Representative with TD for just under a year before I had to go back to school.

The culture is highly supportive, with a branch support call-center that believes in LEGENDARY CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE, managers that believe in you and your ability to perform, and great leaders in upper-management that allow this to happen.

The branch that I worked at was led by a great manager who cares about her employees and carried with her an arsenal of management experience.

I found that the job requires a lot of out-bound and in-bound calling, lead tracking, referral closing, and sales closing in order to be successful in the position. The branch and weekly coaching sessions display the management's belief in everyone's ability to succeed.

Overall, working at TD was enjoyable and developed skills that otherwise, would've been relatively difficult to obtain.
Comfortable and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2018
Easy going staff and management. Always love going into work. Flexible work schedule when needing to change shifts around. Convenient when it comes to your schedule as they are made 6 weeks in advance.
Excellent work environment
Systems Analyst (fulltime) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
TD offices were located downtown Toronto in the financial district. Work culture was very professional, team members all interacted with each other very well. Projects were interesting and work was very rewarding.
Pros
office locaed in downtown core close to GO train
Great workplace environment with great people
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
A day at work was never something I would dread. I was surrounded by very kind and intelligent people who taught me a lot. My boss did not make me feel like he was my boss and so did his boss. The culture was amazing. It was my first experience in a corporate environment and an amazing one.
Pros
Employee week full of activites
Cons
cannot think of any
Good Bank
Portfolio Accountant, IPA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
I will recommend if selected to work for TD Bank as Culture is good, Helpful colleagues.Supports employee educations. work-life balance
Security of job
Cons
promotion difficult
Productive and Customer Oriented Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
Great customer service skills
Great financial services advised to customers
Develop customer service skills and knowledge of financial products
Coaching sessions are used to well-develop the work staff so TD can achieve it's goals
No compensation for sales
Pros
Develop customer service skills and knowledge of financial products
Cons
No compensation for sales.
Ok
Professional Lending Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2018
answering phones, providing customer service to cx. Stress at times to make your sales goal but is definitely achievable. Just trying to fill up room now.
good compancy
Business Analyst (Sr. Portfolio Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2018
TD Bank as company is good to work with. Gives you an option to maintain work life balance, pay is not high though but its consistent with the market.
Work Life balance
Executive Assistant, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
TD corporate offices are moving from stationery desks to flex work place, great opportunities to work from home and move around office to collaborate with different teams.
Pros
Flex work place
Cons
still needs to improve unbiased hiring
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL26 February 2018
Great training, wish I had better pay, the staff was excellent, great work environment, wish I had more hours to work with where I was only part time.
Sales pressure galore
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 February 2018
TD was a great place to work except when the culture shifted to a sales oriented goals and there was more pressure and emphasis on sales and not as much about doing the job well. Enjoyed my time there with a great team but unless you wanted to go straight to a sales position it was hard to move anywhere
Productive Workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 February 2018
Great Place to work! Supportive and helping culture with room to grow in the organization. Great brand, and well known corporation gives pride to employees.
Size
IT Manager, Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
Given the size of the company, there's a great deal of opportunity to grow and develop - especially in IT.
Some areas are better than others, some are leading edge, and some are not - just the nature of things I suppose.
Pros
Cons
Flex
Reliable Company
Front Line Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON23 February 2018
-Great Benefits
-Positive Work Atmosphere
-Flexible work hours
-Excellent Management
-HR Program efficiently handles any issues
-Average pay
-Must be able to multi-task
Senior Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
At times, can be a little top heavy - this can result in projects sitting around waiting for approval. Many people in the organization are open to meeting for coffee and networking.