TD logo

Work-life balance

Found 3,434 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,750 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

An organization like no other

I have worked in the TD Bank Group for almost 3 years. Of the 3 years. 1.5 years in contractor capacity and the remaining half as permanent full time. The department I worked for Chief Accountant department. The entire department as a whole has lots of mature professionals who are willing to help each other and help people in need. My Manager in particular is a gem of all and I'm very much indebted and blessed to work directly under him. I feel everyone should have an opportunity to work under people like him at least once in their lifetime because you come across gems like these very rarely. There is ample to learn at every step with proper guidance and care. Not just my Manager, the team under him were same as him. I also had an opportunity to work with other departments closely and each of them whom I worked has added value in my learning. This is one of the best experiences that I'll remember for a long time to come.

Pros

Learning, guidance, fun, active, constructive feedbacks

Cons

The new Management in Moncton is unbiased.

Team organization,

Good communication of goals and project timeline, close ties to executive stakeholders, regular and productive feedback, encouraging atmosphere. Many subject matter experts were provided to answer questions and guidance.

Pros

Clear goals

Its a good place to work if you are a Full time employee. Management is pretty good. Benefits are too good for employees with wfh, lateral movements. The company pays for individual trainings as well.

Ratings vary by branch

Each branch is different. The environment all depends on the specific management at the branch in question. For example, I worked at my branch for 3 years in which we had 1 complete change in the management team and a few other management changes on the way. The first management team I witnessed was amazing. They cared about their employees, built them from the ground up, genuinely wanted them to move up with TD and were very approachable. The new management team were not approachable at all, cared solely about the numbers that the branch is making and did not care for you as a person.

The best bank to work at in Canada

TD is indeed the best place to work and grow! Its warm collaborative culture and numerous opportunities to grow make it a choice for life time for many,

Pros

Flexibility and get the work done freedom any time anywhere

Horrible

Hated it there and would not recommend to my worst enemy. Managers try to take vacation hours when it should be charged as time off with pay. Shame on you!!!!!

Pros

Quiting

Cons

Didn't do it sooner

Educational experience

TD was a learning experience In many aspects of my professional life, I learnt many things that I will use moving forward, however there are a few things that the company can work on in relation to compensation and work load Management

Pros

Helpful colleagues

Cons

Certain branches do not have staff to handle client demands

Great environment

Great environment but might be stressful for an individual with less experience with customer service. It's a fast paced environment. Might come across some great Managers and Advisors who go above and beyond to help you if you're struggling. Overall, it's a great job to have

Mon séjour

j'ai pu accomplir plusieurs de mes succès dans cette entreprise. Égalment, rencontrer de formidable employée.

Pros

avantage sociaux

Cons

coupure, favoritisme

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Awesome place to work.

Am excellent place to work. I worked with an awesome team. They all made me feel good. If I needed a question answered, there was someone there with an answer for me.

It's a bank

Not much to say other than if you want to work for a big financial institution there really is no difference between any of them. They all operate the same. Resources are limited, everyone is working at 120% capacity.

Enterprise Protect

I worked on the Risk Management side if Enterprise Protect. The people were awful, everyone out for themselves. Management was even worse. They also started hiring a lot more in the US, which is a different work culture. Very few women in senior positions.

Corporate

great place with a ton of opportunities, theres many jobs and ladders available to climb your way to success. I enjoy the different locations of the banks.

bank teller

helping customers with basic bank transactions. employees make the job fun, however, when short staffed position can be stressful to maintain quality service. branch politics is something that is very prevalent; if you have a good manager it makes this job all the much better. however, some managers can make the job difficult and make it difficult to progress within the organization. typical work day consists of helping customers with deposits, accounts and credit card applications etc.

Usually Merit based advancement

Work experience varies between relaxed and hectic depending on phase of project, experience of manager, importance of program. I had several different managers over the years, some were good, some were not.

A typical day at work

TD Auto Finance is a great place to work at A typical day at work consist of logging in, taking calls to assist the customers who want to take payment arrangements for the arrears When there is no call on the queue its time to take payments from customers accounts set in Outlook reminders

Productive and Positive environment

The company gave us the opportunity to learn and explore new initiatives. This overall boosted the employee moral. The management was very supportive.

Amazing company, you will not find better

Look. If you're searching for a company: - That truly cares about you, where their culture and acceptance are simply amazing - Where you have one of the best benefit plans, and fair salary, - Where their structure is oriented into making your part-time student job into a carreer - That prioritizes customer experience over sales ... TD is the choice you want to make. They spend millions of dollars every years into the happiness and wellness of their employees.

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, super environement, lots of culture, business structure oriented towards wellness of employees, flexible hours, student-friendly model, comprehensiveness

Cons

Repetitive situations, depending on your job

Well balanced opportunity for woman with family

Well supported system. Highly recognitions for hard work. Take initiative, team work. Advanced technology and system. Appreciation and encouragement to move up.

Long working hours

Employees are very respectful and a great to be around. Always bringing fun and jokes during stressful times. Never a dull moment as worked poured in constantly.

2.7K