TD Bank Employee Reviews

A great place to work
MARKETING ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto9 March 2018
Employees are treated well and compensated fairly.
Excellent work life balance (flexible environment).
Great culture, supports diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
Challenging
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 March 2018
Lot's of pressure, but overall a very exciting work environment.
Had the opportunity to create templates to improve communications with customer s regarding bank policies.
Benefits
Cons
Sales pressure
productive work
Hadoop Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2018
a typical day is to load data into hadoop learned datastage management is friendly workplace culture is cooperative
hardest part is to undserstand all clusters
Pros
free lunchs
Job for the ambitious
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley8 March 2018
If you desire to advance within a results driven financial corporation, this could be a perfect career for you. Much has changed in the financial world and the job is constantly changing, so you really need to have the passion for the business. I always felt that if I wanted to advance, I could, I just needed to work for it.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Task expectations can cause a stressful work environment
Fast pace of execution with a relatively relaxed work culture
Lead Business Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
TD's digital technology departments bring in newer technologies and advancements into the bank at a rapid pace, all the while making sure that all the stakeholders are involved. The bank has some very good, solid leaders in the technology space.
Pros
Relatively relaxed work culture
Cons
Can be bureaucratic at times like any large bank
Great experience of the Financial world
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
I've been working as a Customer Service Rep. at TD for about a year and three months now. I love the job, it has taught me a lot of new information that I can carry on for the rest of my life.

I talk to over one hundred people per day and from that I learned how to deal with anything that comes my way. I learned how to multitask more efficiently since there is very little room for error when dealing with people's finances. I also learned how to sell products which is a skill that will help me in various fields I try to enter. I learned about goals and how to maneuver myself in order to achieve them quickly and efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet so many different people and connect with them about anything. I have great conversations with customers and always provide them with an exceptional experience at the bank.

Only hard part about the job is being vulnerable to a robbery.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, great management, great atmosphere to work in
Cons
Vulnerability to robberies
Great opportunity, Great experience
Executive Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 March 2018
TD Canada Trust was a great experience for me.

I have learned how to communicate with customers and I was making sure that whatever they requested was being handled and done to make the customers happy and make them trust our services with the community.

The employees are very respectful, hard working, great team, great atmosphere at work every time I start my shift.
Pros
Great experience, #1 Recommended bank in Canada, Amazing customer service
contract employees
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2018
We work as customer service agents. by making only $1 above minimum wage, we are working every second of the day. We are often drained and exhausted. in biweekly meetings we still have to hear from managers why we are not bubbly and why we are not providing every single of 100 clients in every day with extra ordinary service. How about you do that for a week and then we have a chat?
Great Team
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
Awesome team members and partners are great to work with. Fast pace work environment that includes client visits and working with professional business owners.
Pros
Benefits and flexibility
Cons
Lots of travel and variable pay
Great company
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 March 2018
I was very proud to work here, great company. Good great training, advancement and highly recognized for my work.
However, they expect you to devote all of your time to them.
Management will shun you if you do not put your job first.
Health and family are not priorities in their eyes.
Workplace is competitive and fun place to work with
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canada,ON5 March 2018
Providing the right benefits plan is key to attracting and retaining employees. The health insurance is great, it covers most of the medical services.
Unethical practices and management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
I was fortunate enough to work with some good colleagues and the salary was reasonable but that is where the positives end.

The sales aspect is shoved down your throat and they will do whatever necessary to compromise you instead of help you. Case in point; I met my first sales quarter on an average of 25-30 hour work weeks. For my next quarter, I was expected to do 6x as much; on par with the full timers. That's okay but what wasn't okay is they cut my hours in half down to 12-14 hours a week as they brought in other more experienced staff. I would be amiss to note that they publicly share your sales numbers with everyone else in the branch. I imagine this is typical but when you pull stunts like having the lowest earners listed in huge font to bring home the point of who is doing the worst, it's quite jarring.

Perhaps the biggest disgrace is how unethical Management is. I requested a leave of absence on account of some sudden health and personal matters. I was informed by Management that I could take as much time off as I needed and that my position would be there for me when I was ready to return.

I then later received a corporate letter stating that after 30 days my branch would be under no obligation to hold my position. I received this letter by the 4th week of my leave and/or right before the 30 day deadline.

When I confronted management about it, they just towed the company line, ignoring their purposeful disregard of misleading me about this information when I first requested the leave of absence.

Maybe it's just one branch, but they represent everything
  more... that a terrible institution embodies. They aren't worth your time and employment.  less
Pros
Good rates on credit cards, decent salary
Cons
Management, Policies, Ethics
Management are insensitive to resources.
Web Funds Admin (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
After spending a year upgrading to become productive as an entry level web / java developer, TD Hired me as a junior (think pay scale) then persistently placed me into responsibilities that a senior mainframe application developer could only succeed in.

My background is that of a Senior Application Analysis / Developer. I've served many roles as a contractor. I was and remain capable in the Mainframe environment.

After 4 years of being emotionally oppressed (I've had some years to think about this), they provided me with a, without cause termination package. I had asked through an e-mail how I should word my mid year review, "Am I a Junior Web / Java Developer or a Senior Application Developer". Two weeks later I was let go.

Given I'd already worked through the upgrading process but due to the employment opportunity that had been provided, after 4 years of employment, I had few skills in the Web / Java scope of technologies.

TD Bank's management deliberately pooched my career. When hired, they had me for a minimum of 6 months or, I would have not been seen as a workable resource. After the 6 months, they persisted to promise skill building opportunities. While they played lip service, they did not provide a work environment that was constructive for developing skills. Zero mentoring was provided. After 4 years of this, I had built some skills and managed to supporting a set of application in the Web / Java technical set; however, my job role / responsibilities were aligned to primarily support Mainframe Applications. Sadly, when other application groups experienced
  more... difficulties, I would be motivated to assist. My job role defined as a entry level and paid accordingly, yet I was being used as a Subject Mater Expert for Mainframe Application design and support for other groups.

I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Termination without Cause.
Cons
In My Humble Opinion, they have zero integraty.
Nice teammates double standards
Claims Adjuster accident benifits (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
They claim you will receive about 1 new claim per day however you’re getting 20 per week. The file counts are over 225 which should only be around 175. They have so many activities or “to do” per day it’s impossible to keep up. There is favouritism, if your manager likes you you’re fine. If you’re not the popular one they pick on you. The work load is impossible to manage.
Benefits
Cons
Impossible work load and they don’t care
Great job for an introduction to sales experience.
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2018
I worked as a Financial Services Representative with TD for just under a year before I had to go back to school.

The culture is highly supportive, with a branch support call-center that believes in LEGENDARY CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE, managers that believe in you and your ability to perform, and great leaders in upper-management that allow this to happen.

The branch that I worked at was led by a great manager who cares about her employees and carried with her an arsenal of management experience.

I found that the job requires a lot of out-bound and in-bound calling, lead tracking, referral closing, and sales closing in order to be successful in the position. The branch and weekly coaching sessions display the management's belief in everyone's ability to succeed.

Overall, working at TD was enjoyable and developed skills that otherwise, would've been relatively difficult to obtain.
Comfortable and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2018
Easy going staff and management. Always love going into work. Flexible work schedule when needing to change shifts around. Convenient when it comes to your schedule as they are made 6 weeks in advance.
Excellent work environment
Systems Analyst (fulltime) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
TD offices were located downtown Toronto in the financial district. Work culture was very professional, team members all interacted with each other very well. Projects were interesting and work was very rewarding.
Pros
office locaed in downtown core close to GO train
Great workplace environment with great people
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
A day at work was never something I would dread. I was surrounded by very kind and intelligent people who taught me a lot. My boss did not make me feel like he was my boss and so did his boss. The culture was amazing. It was my first experience in a corporate environment and an amazing one.
Pros
Employee week full of activites
Cons
cannot think of any
Good Bank
Portfolio Accountant, IPA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
I will recommend if selected to work for TD Bank as Culture is good, Helpful colleagues.Supports employee educations. work-life balance
Security of job
Cons
promotion difficult
Productive and Customer Oriented Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
Great customer service skills
Great financial services advised to customers
Develop customer service skills and knowledge of financial products
Coaching sessions are used to well-develop the work staff so TD can achieve it's goals
No compensation for sales
Pros
Develop customer service skills and knowledge of financial products
Cons
No compensation for sales.