TD logo

Work-life balance

Found 3,434 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,750 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Overworked

Poor leadership. Double standard in promoting people and time in role only applies to some people. Talent should be promoted based on capability not tying employees to time.

Pros

Good employee culture, benefits, training

Cons

Poor leadership, undervalued, overworked, under paid, high stress, lack of opportunity

A Very Respected and Warm Workplace

I worked for TD for three years, this is a great company to work for, but there was only one thing during my employment that I didn't like, which was the manager, really sucks.

High stress, no support from management

High stress, no support from management . High pressure goals. Enjoyed the work but felt like customer needs were not at the top of td priority, as making money was

Best workplace

Very good work life Balance.Great coordination between development and QA, BA teamGreat Management.. Always supportiveGreat opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Pros

Very Flexible work envionment

Cons

Contractor leave policy

great to be part of huge intatives like interac

it was overall great to deliver projects that were over 100++MM budgets and drive teams across various time zones and help build interac and IRM projects happen

No comment

Overall it’s a good place to work except few management people who give bad name to the bank. I loved working at the bank it’s a safe and secured environment

Great place to work because of the people not the pay

I work with the Customer Assistance Department (Collections) for TD bank and mostly TD is a great bank to work for. The people you meet and work with are great and you can lean on them for support. The companies culture and inclusion is one of the best around. The negative areas when working for TD is the pay and advancement. TD does not pay well, they pay based on seniority not on performance which is completely back wards. You could be the highest performing representative and still be the lowest paid. They are not generous when it comes to pay increase and the bonuses seem to be reducing per period. Management will always talk about promoting advancement and to some degree they do promote but it depends on if your manager cares enough to put in the time, which in my case is never, and from what other colleagues tell me its a lot of managers. Great place for a year of experience but other than that get out to a higher paid company.

Pros

People

Cons

Low pay, poor advancement opportunities

I honestly do not recommend this company

TD was my first employer in Canada. I appreciate that they gave me the job but overall the company is not recommended. Workload: The workload can be overwhelming. The good part of it is for the job that I had, I do not have to work over time. But I was made super busy during the day. The literally control you as a prisoner. I heard a lot of people have to work overtime a lot. Salary: It is NOT competitive. It is significantly lower than other companies. Sadly a lot of people will still apply to work in TD for the image of job stability. But TD is not a safe place where people constantly get fired. Especially the people in their 50’s to release the space for the new graduates who will get lower salary and more energetic for overtime. The salary is especially low for those who stay with the company for long term. They do not take it as a sign of loyalty and they take advantage of employees who stay in the company for long term. Junior Management: Some junior managers feel so superior than employees and they are not there to support you but to order you to do things for them. There is a quote from a junior manager: “you are paid to do this!” She forgot she is also one of the employees in the company. The horrible part of TD is the transparency of survey. Do not believe if they say the survey is anonymous. They are not, even worse, the senior managers will tell junior mangers about the exact comments from the employees. So if your junior manager is not decent, then you will be in GREAT trouble. I seriously wonder why the survey company can disclose that info. Senior Management: -

The very best

I have many years of experience working in a call centre environment. TD is the best by far. Excellent training process. Excellent management and employees. Excellent atmosphere. Excellent facilities. Excellent compensation for work performed. Excellent benefits. Top notch in the Contact Industry.

Pros

Name it. It's a pro.

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Good company

I enjoyed my time at TD. They have great opportunities for work and advancing your financial goals. Depends what job level you have, the hours can be long. More responsibility more hours.

Benefits

My First Introduction To The Banking World

My time there wasn't as long as I wanted it to be and I didn't get the opportunity to learn more given the position I held. I was an okay experience and it really helped to build my resume.

Well structured management

High sales pressure. Manager is always watching and pushing. It’s called coaching. Which makes you feel really stressed. My manager always asked me the details of my meeting, feels like bullying. Anyway, it’s not a good feeling. Too much sales oriented.

Pros

Good pay, meet with people and help them

Cons

Always focused on sales, too much pressure, feels like robot

Not much fun at all

Understanding of employee needs not there at all. The favourites get on. Coaching and training not adequate to do job properly. Too much push for sales instead of focusing on customer needs.

Pros

Discounts on products

Cons

Working long days to catch up

Great place

Awesome advancement opportunities, understanding management when sick or needing personal days. Great ressources for free and amazing benefits. Organized and structured, not sales driven.

Friendly

Fun filled work and personal life balance in TD Bank. Usage of Technology in its most advance form and Invest in Technology and personal growth. Good working enviornment.

Well managed team with Technology innovation

Very prductive throught Technology Innovation, promote growth for employees inhouse training and incentives for dedicated staff. Good working enviorment and office facilities.

travail en Ă©quipe...

travail productif et gratifiant. Bref, l'on apprend chaque jours des choses nouvelles.

Pros

restauration

Cons

pauses courtes

I love working at Td

It’s a great place to work. I love my role of Advanced Collections Assistant. It gives me great sense of joy that at the end of my day I was able to help customers get out of debt towards mbna credit card and able to educate them on proper practices that they help them with their other debts. My manger and senior management team is amazing. They have been supportive and encouraging towards my career development.

Pros

Hours of work, ability to work remotely, benefits, my colleagues, supportive management team, training, manager support with career development

Cons

Salary can be a bit higher.

Worth to work environment

TD Bank is one of the biggest charter bank in Canada with around 80,000.00 employees which include US and Canada employees altogether. It is a good place to learn and achieve your career as you will have a lot of opportunity in different department.

Pros

Many opportunity, many process to learn such as structure and management development etc.

Cons

Need eager to learn and you may upgrade your from time to time

Routine tasks not requiring critical thinking

This was production-type job not requiring critical thinking, just "following orders" more like in a car assembly line complementing robots. This simply wasn't for me. People at work, including the Management, were nice though.

Pros

Okay corporate environment for professionals with up to 5 years' experience

Cons

Environment not conducive to creativity

2.7K