TD logo

Work-life balance

Found 3,434 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,750 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

A place where the effort and money is spent to make you think they are a great employer

Worked here ten years and what I came to know about TD is this, cultures of abuse, managers that do not care for their ppl, politics matter more than quality

Pros

Descent benefits

Cons

Awful managers that play favorites, rife with abuse, politics matter over quality of work, They advantage people through politics and favoritism

Cult like environment

Regardless of what position you are in, at bank level, you are treated as a nobody who is expected to meet unrealistic sales goals and tolerate repetitive abuse from clients. While there is room for advancement you are only being moved into a role with not much higher pay, and even higher sales goals that are impossible to meet. Very cult like environment. They want you to drink the green kool aid.

Good Work Experience

Pros: there are lots but equality, benefits, security, flexibilityCons: archaic system, career advancement is slow or non existent, false promises, compensation is low.

Stressful

It depends on the branch sometimes, I had better experiences at 2 but pretty negative at 3 others. Goals are set & you better make them which includes up selling even to people that either don’t need it or can not manage credit given to them.I worked there for 20+ years and it used to be more of a fun team. Now with the goals it pits staff against each other.I will say they have excellent benefits even for staff working 15 hours per week.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful

Love TD

TD is a great company with great benefits and the managers I have are beyond generous and kind. Bonuses are quite good as well. I am very happy to be apart of the TD team.

Only care about the numbers

If you're looking for a company that expects unreasonable goals, weekly performance reviews, management that smiles to your face and then throws you under the bus, then TD is right for you! They will promote you if you are a puppet but pay you as little as possible.

Pros

It provided a paycheck

Cons

The paycheck was not worth the effort.

Fun place to work with, lots of opportunity for growth, management varies

I began as a teller and moved my way up to an advisor role. Although the interview process to be a teller was lengthy (and competitive! Lots of applicants showed up for the screening process and it was months before I heard back for a panel interview), it was well worth it. Sometimes weekly coaching can be tedious when you're only at TD a couple times a week but overall I learned a lot. I think some managers definitely could be more supportive than others - but you will find that anywhere. Majority of the managers I've met have been so kind, friendly, and overall fantastic! Even the staff are usually great people I get along well with. The culture is so friendly and encourages team bonding significantly. I have made a lot of long-term friends with this company. The manager you have heavily impacts your culture so my experience varies significantly, but currently my manager is amazing! It's definitely true that when when they're interviewing you - you should be interviewing them as well because they will show you how the culture is of that branch. I love the manager support, especially during COVID-19 because they were always there to protect you from angry customers or back you up when a customer is contesting what you have to say.

Pros

free bank accounts, increased bank knowledge, lots of friends, tons of room for growth, management can be fantastic, year-end bonuses

Cons

unpaid lunches, management varies which can impact work culture, weekly coaching can be annoying

Over stressed and no work life balance

I worked as a manager at TD. Left after 20 years. TD Bank become a culture of greed and profit. Clients and staff stopped being important. Sales, sales, sales is the motto for this bank. Even if the client did not need a product it was pushed and sometimes done without clients approval.

Fun and like family up until 3 years ago

Great work environment until about 3 years ago. Toxic work environment, Management ( BM ) not a team player as well as a very unprofessional staff ( conversations between staff ) . I was the last staff member left from the original hire in 2005 . This was the Sechelt Branch’s 5th Branch Manager since 2005 when the branch opened.

Pros

Great customer clientele

Cons

Management and HR department

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Under Paid

I loved the people and the location, we got every weekend off but the amount of pressure that was put on us and the stress was not worth the pay that we got.

Work culture is terrible

Working at TD is like a high school popularity contest. I have had managers specifically tell me that they know who will be promoted before a job posting goes up. It is more so about who you know and less about merit. Through my observations, I have realized that there is a lot of bad mouthing that goes on within the company. I have listened to colleagues and managers openly say rude and negative things about other people within a branch or district. It is one thing for a colleague to behave this way, but when management joins in it is extremely unprofessional and sets a bad precedent. Nothing you say is ever kept confidential, even when you are guaranteed so. I had to quit because the place was becoming an extreme burden to my mental health. I thought maybe this culture was limited to the branch I worked at, but through my discussions with employees in other branches, it seems that they have had similar experiences. I will say that branch culture is totally dependant on management, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Pros

Accommodating to student schedules

Cons

Too much gossiping, popularity contest

Very competitive very professional but amazing benefits

It’s not easy to survive there. It’s a place for the best of the bests. Sometimes it’s stressful but if you can survive it’s rewarding for sure. Fast career growth for people who are doing well. Lot’s of appreciation and opportunities for the hard workers. But not everyone’s cup of tea.Amazing benefits. Specially health support is the best in the entire industry. Best HR support in the industry as well.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus, career growth

Cons

Stressful, competitive, micromanaged

Opportunity for growth

TD promotes growth opportunities and challenges you to think of what’s next. There are many opportunities available through the internal job portal. This provides the confidence to the employees that they can grow within the company.

Pros

Growth opportunities

Cons

Can be goal oriented

Productive and competitive

Productive and competitive job. Work environment is quite good. The mentors put good efforts in you. One will find interactive people at TD from CEOs to managers to mentors to colleagues.

Pros

Good lounge area

Cons

Stressful

It is what you make of it

Culture is open to new ideas and if you lead by example people will follow. A democratic inclusive culture - be sure to know all your stakeholders. Time to value would improve if owners were empowered to make decisions - lots of smart people with the customer in mind who leaders could trust. Typical 2-5 year movement at all levels is great for career advancement at the expense of constantly changing vision, strategy and priorities. The volume of change becomes frustrating if you are an outcome focused person.

Pros

Good culture if you put effort in

Cons

Constant change

Productive and fun place to work

Company cares about their employees, work life balance is a priority at TD. Relaxed atmosphere and great working environment. I highly recommends working at TD.

Pros

Casual Dress, perks, Free Lunches

High-paced, stressful workplace

Extremely stressful work environment, low pay. No recognition if you are a hard/smart worker or showcase great performance. Many employees have a slacking and dominating behaviour, putting pressure on the one who actually performs work. Management only care about their bonuses, extreme favouritism towards the employees they like. I realized how much time i wasted at this job, could have advanced elsewhere.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

long hours, pay, management

Unproductive, disorganized, mismanaged workplace

Unproductive, disorganized, mismanaged workplace.Culture is poisoned.Environment is unethical.There are lots of conflicts of interest.There are lots of employees violating the Code of Conduct.

Very stressful and demanding

The management is extremely stressful, they push and demand on the first day of work. The collaboration between employees and employers are not very clear.

Pros

Nothing to say

Cons

Very demanding and stressful

Too relaxed when it came to verbal abuse

customers often took advantage of negative situations and verbal abuse was tolerated by management when it shouldn't have. Especially when it came to specific branch locations

benefits

Cons

long hours, no work/life balance

2.7K