TD
TD Bank

TD Employee Reviews

Found 3,434 reviews matching the search
Featured review
TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.
I spent 17 years working for TD in various roles, cities & departments. There was always opportunity for advancement & my leaders were strong 99% of the time.
Pros
Flexible, focused on diversity & inclusion & personal growth
Never again will I work for TD. Management was not good with people. They aren’t for the clients. They push to get goals even though it’s not in the best interest of clients
I worked with TD for a very short time. I worked there through an agency. I discontinued due to Maternity and later moved to a different city. The I had a wonderful learning experience and working experience with TD.
Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.
Pros
excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.
Cons
long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure
Horrible experience. They pretend that they are people's culture but in reality, they don't care about employees or customers. They push their employees to act unethically to achieve targets. They ask them to sell products that the customer doesn't need or use. They form groups in the branch and be brave enough to say no to one of the managers. Unless you are hungry and you don't have any other job opportunities, don't work at this company.
I had a great time going around branches a d meeting new people. The pay was ok and the company had lot of potential for development. All the branches I visited were supportive and encouraging to move forward
They say we are a family but all they care about is the bottom line. Lots of pressure to reach goals. Causes some employees to do unethical service to reach their goals which is not in the best interest of the clients. Frontline works very hard but management gets all the credit. Frontline gets crumbs. Honesty doesn’t pay, if you are manipulative and dishonest this is the place for you.
Cons
TD is like a banking academy. You learn from them from 2 to 4 years and move to other banks more relaxed duties. I still recommend it even it's hard working but it's compensated
Pros
Once in a while we go for supper
Cons
Yeah
Only worked there for a short period of time and it was on purpose. I couldn't leave fast enough. Such a demanding job and for what? Pay was barely above minimum wage, part time work, and horrible management breathing down your neck pressuring you to upsell everyone. Toxic environment with horrible managers. Pretty shady things I witnessed to say the least. Why I don't bank with them personally....
Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.
Pros
Unlimited opportunities
Cons
A lot of paperwork at times
Pay is great. Work isn’t too bad. The only thing that I would prefer would be that they provide more assistance in moving up to a different department by providing better resources.
Management gets you to bring in a doctor’s letter if you’re sick indicating you have Covid symptoms but illness is unrelated to Covid to get you to come in. Very high turnover with staff at the branch I worked at. Horrible management that took 2+ hour lunch breaks and didn’t lift a finger when someone expressing they had Covid-19 entered the premises. Personal banking associate role was redundant. They should have never got rid of the FSR role.
Pros
Adequate salary, great team mates.
Cons
Awful management.
you just have to find it and ask the right questions. there are lots of departments in control of lots of documentation and will only grant you the access if you have the proper security.
TD OFFERS VERY POOR salary rate. No support or room for growth. They will rather hire outside than help and support current employees to be promoted within. They really push employees hard on score card and cxs reviews but not willing offer support for employees to grow..
The work environment was great, always felt supported. People were alway up for coffee chats and career talks which was probably one of my favorite parts about TD.
Pros
Culture, Wfh
Cons
Things move slowly
Was harassed at this bank by Management. HR did not help. Felt bullied and it was a frightening experience. Long hours, and working weekend was expected from the first week. No training, no guidance provided. Good salary and benefits, but not worth the scary experience.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Working late hours and weekends is expected. Over governance of projects.
Went through the company's management training program and worked there for 5 years after as a branch manager and enjoyed my experience and the colleagues I worked with.
Pros
Good Benefits and great colleagues
Cons
Big Bureaucracy
Not sure where to start. They have been hiring a lot in Moncton (in waves). Almost all the people I trained with are gone, some went on stress leave within 3 months. Micro-management, they will scare you to try and make you compliant (you can go to jail if...), they track every minutes of your shift. Very toxic environment. They won’t tell you this but all off phone duties have to be done in your personal time without pay. Waiting time for customers was 3-4 hours when I started. A joke. So they were all angry. If you are bilingual, they will push you into the Quebec licensing right after training which is crazy. I’m just speechless about my experience. I’m a very positive person with a good attitude, but this was too much. I was there for less than 5 months and had to go to a therapist for help. I couldn’t sleep or eat anymore. They have a new system and an old one so you have to learn to work with the two. They don’t work properly, the phone systems don’t work properly either. They are very under staffed because everybody is leaving. Not a good start in Moncton for them at all. If at all if, you consider working there, wait two years for covid to be over (hopefully) and for the old system to be gone and other systems to be fixed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, bad management, very high pressure
If you are looking for a place to clock in, clock out and just make a paycheck then this is the place for you. Your day to day for most roles is the same, management isn't well trained or supported to be able to provide you support for growth, and truly the only way to grow at TD is who you know and not what you know or even what you have done. The staff that are on the same level as you are great always enjoyed co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of support or care for you as an employee or an individual
A fairly accommodating staff and colleagues are friendly. Supervisors supportive of staff with positive attitude Sales focused staff are well rewarded
Pros
Lots of challenges to win stuff for sales
Cons
Shifts are not necessarily fairly distributes amongst staff at times
  1. Employee reviews