TD logo

TD Employee Reviews

Found 3,441 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,796 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Environnement stressant

J'ai travailler chez TD pendant quelques mois et j'ai trouvé que ce n'était pas un bon environnement de travail. Ils veulent avoir un maximum de profit. Les formations sont écrites en anglais seulement. Les gestionnaires te rencontre si tu es au dessous des objectifs de vente. Les gestionnaires déploient une énorme confiance et il n'y a pas de place à la discution. Procédures trop longue pour absolyment tien

Pros

Connaissance de produits bancaire.

Cons

Vente sous pression. Gestionnaire non compréhensif. Profit est de mise.

Management won't care about you unless you perform

Beware, tread lightly, customers are always right culture here at this bank. If you have personal problems, you'll need to fix them on your own since management won't care about you, even if its caused by something at work, and in turn, affecting your performance.

Fast-Paced and Learning and Development focused environment

I felt like TD was a great grounds for professional development. My superiors were focused on job design to fill in holes in myself as well as their own.

great place to start in the banking industry

almost always back-to-back calls with little time in between to relax, you learn a lot about the banking products/services so it's a good starting place. the managers are good people but terrible at their jobs, they are prone to micromanage you as everyone is ranked and you can easily tell who is struggling vs doing well. hardest part is the constant pressure to sell and even if you are meeting your targets you will still be coached on how to improve if you have a slow week

Management is highly insecure

My manager was highly in confident and insecure. She had no technical knowledge. There was no help from her whatsoever. I was a new joined and she was highly insecure that she started pushing me to deliver not giving me any chance to understand the application. I think bank might be good but specifically I had a horrible work experience.

Overall it’s a fantastic place to work

I really do enjoy what i do tbh and there are enough resources available to help advance your career. A whole army of support is ready to offer assistance every step of the way

Great firm

Great people and a terrific culture centered around doing whats best for our clients. The work-life balance was a challenge at times but the work was always meaningful.

Great staff members, but a high stressful place to work

A typical day as a Financial Advisor at TD would be to get prepared in the morning for your day. A day could include meetings for: opening a bank account, credit card, a line of credit, personal or car loan, business account, mutual fund, applying for a mortgage or estate planning. I learned how to time manage and work efficiently. Branch manager was amazing, but had no control as upper management did a lot of push down to him. Hardest part of the job was to be able to manage my position as an Advisor also making sure the front of the branch was managed due to short staff. Enjoyable part of the job was the amazing coworkers.

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Cons

high stressed and no care from upper management

Fast paced

A lot of learning on the job more than adequate process training. Branch culture is heavily reliant on the Branch Manager as opposed to organisational culture

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Review for TD

TD Bank Group is a great workplace with great banking and health benefits, however, career advancement is slow compared to other financial institutions.

Great!

The amount of transparency the CEO has with the company as well as the amount of trust that is immediately offered is very rare and it immediately makes employees invested into the company because they can see their impact each day

TD a great place to work

The work env is very polite though hectic You are treated with respect and patience The Bank is very process oriented and that beats other places where the processes are not as stringent/ do not work

Many management changes, solid foundation.

Salary and benefits were great, work atmosphere was ok, management was not so great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers I had. This company was constantly changing/evolving while I was employed with them, sometimes that was good, sometimes it was bad.

Very welcoming

From day one they team at TD has made me feel like one of their own. They have been very patient and understanding bringing someone new in to the industry and have helped me grow and learn. A lot of room for growth within the company and many different positions to choose from.

good experience

very good experience, much to learn. Learned lots about banking and banking operations and products as well. People are nice and friendly. Will recommend

Competitive and smart people. Supportive teams to get the job done. Great management. Good work life balance Competitive pay Strong technical teams and good collaboration

Fast paced/ very motivated environment

Really enjoyed my time at TD, truly a great company. Good benefits, good salary, competitive culture. You can move up fairly quickly if you put in the work.

good place to work

work life balance, good management and team, nice environment. flexible working time and options, expose to new technologies, have spaces for future growth.

Excellent place to work

Very good environment to work. We had aggressive time lines but management was co-operative. work-life balance respected. It is a bank, so expect plethora of processes to follow.

Fast paced multi tasking environment

Fast paced multi tasking environment. Matrixed environment enables exposure to multiple areas of the business. Team oriented work groups. Can take time to fill management gaps.

2.7K