TD logo

3.7Pay & benefits

Found 1,446 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Diverse, Inclusive, challenging, satisfying, fun, employee appreciation

TD is a great place to build a fulfilling and satisfying career. Work is challenging at peak periods but there is encouragement by management to use off peak periods to go on leave and recharge. Paid time off are given in addition to paid overtime for employee appreciation. Process improvement is priority and employee feedback are used to build a great employee experience.

Pros

Year end Bonus, paid overtime, wellness and health benefits, employee share ownership plan, growth opportunities

Cons

Long hours during peak periods, multiple overlapping projects not well planned

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Productive and fun to work at TD

I love working at TD. The management and my teammates are awesome. Working with TD has been a great blessing to me. I have the support of the Team Manager and Teammates as well.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Nothing negative to talk about

Great environment with lots of room for vertical growth

Entry level positions can be a bit boring, but the team and management make it worth it. They train you well so you feel confident in your role and are always available for extra support. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. And after a year or so in an entry level role, management often encourages you to post for better, higher paying roles within the company and they even help you prepare and give advice on how to go about it. Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

fair pay, good benefits, wonderful coworkers and company environment

Cons

bit boring, repetative

Ok job

If you are someone that likes working in a fast paced call center setting then this is the job for you. GREAT benefits. Pay is ok for a start up. They promote work life balance but you really dont get that at all. Management really only cares about numbers and but some put in the effort to actually care about your well being.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance. All about numbers. Advancement isnt easy too much competition

I really can’t judge. 50/50?

Site was great. Benefits were great.Work itself was great. Amazing challenges. The pay was good for average, but I am clearly clearly, above average and there was nothing above than average for me. Nothing at all.. I did not feel respected. I did not get a worthy promotion. Managers put me down rather than help. I am overall glad I quit even if it is (and it is) the best employer in Canada. I wish you luck. I wish you prosperity.

Pros

One of the best employers in Canada FOR SURE!

Cons

Consistant unlawful judgements.

Great compensation and career advancement

TD has been a great company to work for. Compensation is most likely on par with other canadian Big 5 Banks, but it is still a very good starting place for any student. Yes, you will most likely start as a teller/phone agent, but after just a year in that role I was pushed to seek better positions in the company. A lot of emphasis is put on my career and anything is possible given that TD is such a large organization.Also semi-annual bonus are very welcome even for starting positions.Very generous pension plan and employee stock ownership plan as well.

Stressful and deceiving

McDonald's would a better place to work. You become what they want you to be not what your talents are and if not they will find a way to make your life horrible.

Pros

Meet some hard workers

Cons

Loose yourself for no reason

Nice place to work, flexible work, Career advancement is challenging

TD is a great place to work. If have to be a productive and challenging. Career advancement is competitive and challenging. Reference is a very powerful tools for Career advancement.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Very diverse culture

Organizational culture is very welcoming. Moreover the training programs help to learn more abt the Organization for better acceptance of employees. Interactive job.

Pros

Diversity, organization culture

Cons

Weekend hours n late hours of work

Depending on the position, lots of office politics on all levels

You really have to know someone to move up. Every advancement has to be done via interview unless you know someone. Most recently, I was overlooked for an internal promotion and it was given to an external candidate. Their reason when I asked was because I didn't express any interest, when in fact I did and was the most senior at the time and next in line for that position. The only thing that I strongly believe prevented me was that I was 6 months pregnant at the time.

Cons

Long hours, office politics

Experience epends largely on management team

The overall feel of the job changes with management. Under the "right" management, the branch can be a great environment to be part of. As a company, TD promotes a "bring your whole self to work" principle. The acceptance of this principle varies from branch to branch. Depending on the management team, you may experience a lot of micromanagement and lack of trust, even though you have been doing the job for several years with no issues. Many people at the branch I work at are not happy and looking for other work because they don't feel valued.

Cons

Cannot talk to management about issues. They do not want to hear your opinions or ideas.

Financial Advisor TD

Overall good company culture, socially responsible (LGBTQ2+, environment) but you have to really push for advancement. Entry-level can be really sales focused.

Pros

Earning bonus

Cons

Advancement hard

Productive and fun place to work, the managers are always willing to support you

The managers are always willing to support your growth. Managers performance is tied to the performance of every single individual in the branch. So they are always looking out for you to succeed

Pros

Fast growth opportunities if you are flexible

Cons

Long hour during Thursdays and Fridays in some branches

Solutions Designer

TD is a great place to work and I enjoy what I do every single day. I never have the "ugh it's Monday" feeling. My managers have been very supportive and accommodating. If I expressed interest in something, they would go out of their way to help me take on similar tasks.The only con I can think of is its not very easy to get promoted.

Pros

Lots of meaningful work, education reimbursement, performance bonus, stock matching, defined contributions, competitive salary

Cons

Promotions and raises do not come easily

Wonderful place to work

I spent 17 years working for TD in various roles, cities & departments. There was always opportunity for advancement & my leaders were strong 99% of the time.

Pros

Flexible, focused on diversity & inclusion & personal growth

out of control upper level management

Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.

Pros

excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.

Cons

long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure

Fun work

I had a great time going around branches a d meeting new people. The pay was ok and the company had lot of potential for development. All the branches I visited were supportive and encouraging to move forward

poor salary rate, no support for growth.

TD OFFERS VERY POOR salary rate. No support or room for growth. They will rather hire outside than help and support current employees to be promoted within. They really push employees hard on score card and cxs reviews but not willing offer support for employees to grow..

Great place to work!

The work environment was great, always felt supported. People were alway up for coffee chats and career talks which was probably one of my favorite parts about TD.

Pros

Culture, Wfh

Cons

Things move slowly

2.7K