TD logo

TD Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Found 808 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

Diverse, Inclusive, challenging, satisfying, fun, employee appreciation

TD is a great place to build a fulfilling and satisfying career. Work is challenging at peak periods but there is encouragement by management to use off peak periods to go on leave and recharge. Paid time off are given in addition to paid overtime for employee appreciation. Process improvement is priority and employee feedback are used to build a great employee experience.

Pros

Year end Bonus, paid overtime, wellness and health benefits, employee share ownership plan, growth opportunities

Cons

Long hours during peak periods, multiple overlapping projects not well planned

Great environment with lots of room for vertical growth

Entry level positions can be a bit boring, but the team and management make it worth it. They train you well so you feel confident in your role and are always available for extra support. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. And after a year or so in an entry level role, management often encourages you to post for better, higher paying roles within the company and they even help you prepare and give advice on how to go about it. Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

fair pay, good benefits, wonderful coworkers and company environment

Cons

bit boring, repetative

Ok job

If you are someone that likes working in a fast paced call center setting then this is the job for you. GREAT benefits. Pay is ok for a start up. They promote work life balance but you really dont get that at all. Management really only cares about numbers and but some put in the effort to actually care about your well being.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance. All about numbers. Advancement isnt easy too much competition

I really can’t judge. 50/50?

Site was great. Benefits were great.Work itself was great. Amazing challenges. The pay was good for average, but I am clearly clearly, above average and there was nothing above than average for me. Nothing at all.. I did not feel respected. I did not get a worthy promotion. Managers put me down rather than help. I am overall glad I quit even if it is (and it is) the best employer in Canada. I wish you luck. I wish you prosperity.

Pros

One of the best employers in Canada FOR SURE!

Cons

Consistant unlawful judgements.

Great compensation and career advancement

TD has been a great company to work for. Compensation is most likely on par with other canadian Big 5 Banks, but it is still a very good starting place for any student. Yes, you will most likely start as a teller/phone agent, but after just a year in that role I was pushed to seek better positions in the company. A lot of emphasis is put on my career and anything is possible given that TD is such a large organization.Also semi-annual bonus are very welcome even for starting positions.Very generous pension plan and employee stock ownership plan as well.

Great Environment & Atmosphere to work in

I loved working for TD. The staff at Branch 1862 was amazing. Enjoyed coming into work. I never used the benefits while I was working there, so I’m really not quite sure how good they were. I used to work here part time and they worked with my availability with no issues.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Very busy location

Demanding

Good Training, good and supportive colleagues, stressful and consistent changing KPIs. Summarily, it is a good place to work and also depending on the job type and level,

Solutions Designer

TD is a great place to work and I enjoy what I do every single day. I never have the "ugh it's Monday" feeling. My managers have been very supportive and accommodating. If I expressed interest in something, they would go out of their way to help me take on similar tasks.The only con I can think of is its not very easy to get promoted.

Pros

Lots of meaningful work, education reimbursement, performance bonus, stock matching, defined contributions, competitive salary

Cons

Promotions and raises do not come easily

out of control upper level management

Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.

Pros

excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.

Cons

long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure

Definitely don't recommend

Only worked there for a short period of time and it was on purpose. I couldn't leave fast enough. Such a demanding job and for what? Pay was barely above minimum wage, part time work, and horrible management breathing down your neck pressuring you to upsell everyone. Toxic environment with horrible managers. Pretty shady things I witnessed to say the least. Why I don't bank with them personally....

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

Terrible Management

Management gets you to bring in a doctor’s letter if you’re sick indicating you have Covid symptoms but illness is unrelated to Covid to get you to come in. Very high turnover with staff at the branch I worked at. Horrible management that took 2+ hour lunch breaks and didn’t lift a finger when someone expressing they had Covid-19 entered the premises. Personal banking associate role was redundant. They should have never got rid of the FSR role.

Pros

Adequate salary, great team mates.

Cons

Awful management.

poor salary rate, no support for growth.

TD OFFERS VERY POOR salary rate. No support or room for growth. They will rather hire outside than help and support current employees to be promoted within. They really push employees hard on score card and cxs reviews but not willing offer support for employees to grow..

Bad experience

Was harassed at this bank by Management. HR did not help. Felt bullied and it was a frightening experience. Long hours, and working weekend was expected from the first week. No training, no guidance provided. Good salary and benefits, but not worth the scary experience.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Working late hours and weekends is expected. Over governance of projects.

Went through the company's management training program and worked there for 5 years after as a branch manager and enjoyed my experience and the colleagues I worked with.

Pros

Good Benefits and great colleagues

Cons

Big Bureaucracy

Horrible

Not sure where to start. They have been hiring a lot in Moncton (in waves). Almost all the people I trained with are gone, some went on stress leave within 3 months. Micro-management, they will scare you to try and make you compliant (you can go to jail if...), they track every minutes of your shift. Very toxic environment. They won’t tell you this but all off phone duties have to be done in your personal time without pay. Waiting time for customers was 3-4 hours when I started. A joke. So they were all angry. If you are bilingual, they will push you into the Quebec licensing right after training which is crazy. I’m just speechless about my experience. I’m a very positive person with a good attitude, but this was too much. I was there for less than 5 months and had to go to a therapist for help. I couldn’t sleep or eat anymore. They have a new system and an old one so you have to learn to work with the two. They don’t work properly, the phone systems don’t work properly either. They are very under staffed because everybody is leaving. Not a good start in Moncton for them at all. If at all if, you consider working there, wait two years for covid to be over (hopefully) and for the old system to be gone and other systems to be fixed.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, bad management, very high pressure

Proceed with caution

If you are looking for a place to clock in, clock out and just make a paycheck then this is the place for you. Your day to day for most roles is the same, management isn't well trained or supported to be able to provide you support for growth, and truly the only way to grow at TD is who you know and not what you know or even what you have done. The staff that are on the same level as you are great always enjoyed co-workers.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of support or care for you as an employee or an individual

A place where the effort and money is spent to make you think they are a great employer

Worked here ten years and what I came to know about TD is this, cultures of abuse, managers that do not care for their ppl, politics matter more than quality

Pros

Descent benefits

Cons

Awful managers that play favorites, rife with abuse, politics matter over quality of work, They advantage people through politics and favoritism

Good Work Experience

Pros: there are lots but equality, benefits, security, flexibilityCons: archaic system, career advancement is slow or non existent, false promises, compensation is low.

Stressful

It depends on the branch sometimes, I had better experiences at 2 but pretty negative at 3 others. Goals are set & you better make them which includes up selling even to people that either don’t need it or can not manage credit given to them.I worked there for 20+ years and it used to be more of a fun team. Now with the goals it pits staff against each other.I will say they have excellent benefits even for staff working 15 hours per week.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful

Love TD

TD is a great company with great benefits and the managers I have are beyond generous and kind. Bonuses are quite good as well. I am very happy to be apart of the TD team.

2.7K