TD logo
TD

TD Management reviews

Clear

Found 1,200 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

Diverse, Inclusive, challenging, satisfying, fun, employee appreciation

TD is a great place to build a fulfilling and satisfying career. Work is challenging at peak periods but there is encouragement by management to use off peak periods to go on leave and recharge. Paid time off are given in addition to paid overtime for employee appreciation. Process improvement is priority and employee feedback are used to build a great employee experience.

Pros

Year end Bonus, paid overtime, wellness and health benefits, employee share ownership plan, growth opportunities

Cons

Long hours during peak periods, multiple overlapping projects not well planned

Productive and fun to work at TD

I love working at TD. The management and my teammates are awesome. Working with TD has been a great blessing to me. I have the support of the Team Manager and Teammates as well.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Nothing negative to talk about

staff are overworked

Not enough staff to complete all the work in a timely fashion to provide good service. Management didn't care, its all about the bottom line. Management talent was below average, one was a real joke going out of his way to be critical of a person's work who was not in their department. Yes really!

Pros

colleagues were nice to work with

Cons

Parking ia a major issue, not enough spaces for everyone in the building

Great environment with lots of room for vertical growth

Entry level positions can be a bit boring, but the team and management make it worth it. They train you well so you feel confident in your role and are always available for extra support. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. And after a year or so in an entry level role, management often encourages you to post for better, higher paying roles within the company and they even help you prepare and give advice on how to go about it. Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

fair pay, good benefits, wonderful coworkers and company environment

Cons

bit boring, repetative

Ok job

If you are someone that likes working in a fast paced call center setting then this is the job for you. GREAT benefits. Pay is ok for a start up. They promote work life balance but you really dont get that at all. Management really only cares about numbers and but some put in the effort to actually care about your well being.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance. All about numbers. Advancement isnt easy too much competition

Revolving door mentality

IT Operations: Lots of issues, malpractice, cutting corners. As a new grad please take your talent elsewhere. This organisation doesn't value their employees. Take your talent elsewhere. Contractor program is a tax scheme to take advantage of students coming fresh out of school only to be shown a termination notice. They are flush with money yet have no budget for keeping highly talented people. I do not recommend working here. Imagine a bomb is ticking and people keep passing it to someone else. That's TD in a nutshell.

Pros

paid on time

Cons

malicious environment

Toxic culture

Top down management style, inadequate communication, the company has no loyalty to their employees and will do layoffs at the drop of a hat. Very little teamwork.

Not as expected

Expect a manger to always be on you for more regardless of what you're doing, or if there is a pandemic. Sales targets have not changed at all from the pandemic. I have to explain to managers during a lockdown why we don't have more sales then last year... that is how smart your people manager will be.

Pros

Paycheck comes on time

Cons

Stressful environment. Unrealistic targets. You will be asked to do a lot that is not your job

If you are good at creating fluff, work here.

Spent 1.5 years at TD, got moved from the role I was hired for into a role I had absolutely nothing to do with. This happened due to re-structuring. Leadership likes fluffy decks, make work projects. Found no real purpose for myself. Everyone around me was dissatisfied and didn't have a sense of purpose, seemed like they were all comfortable doing nothing and just showing up for work. Management is largely micro managing, there is absolutely no empowerment, people don't like to be questioned. This mainly applies to corporate functions and things are totally different in the retail and retail support functions. Bad experience so I took the highway and now work elsewhere.

Pros

Retail business

Cons

Corporate side

Experience epends largely on management team

The overall feel of the job changes with management. Under the "right" management, the branch can be a great environment to be part of. As a company, TD promotes a "bring your whole self to work" principle. The acceptance of this principle varies from branch to branch. Depending on the management team, you may experience a lot of micromanagement and lack of trust, even though you have been doing the job for several years with no issues. Many people at the branch I work at are not happy and looking for other work because they don't feel valued.

Cons

Cannot talk to management about issues. They do not want to hear your opinions or ideas.

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Just Disappointed

TD Financial Planning used to be a good place to have a career. They have made such significant changes to comp and practice structure that is no longer the case. Now you spend most of your time begging clients for good lei surveys than doing your actual job. God forbid you get a poor one for ANY reason. It costs you tens of thousands of dollars. Have had mistakes on my comp 4 times in the last year. Always in banks favor. Have to fight for what I am actually owed. Senior management views us as nothing.

Cons

Overworked, pay changes

Never again

Never again will I work for TD. Management was not good with people. They aren’t for the clients. They push to get goals even though it’s not in the best interest of clients

out of control upper level management

Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.

Pros

excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.

Cons

long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure

Worst place to start a career

Horrible experience. They pretend that they are people's culture but in reality, they don't care about employees or customers. They push their employees to act unethically to achieve targets. They ask them to sell products that the customer doesn't need or use. They form groups in the branch and be brave enough to say no to one of the managers. Unless you are hungry and you don't have any other job opportunities, don't work at this company.

Management is toxic

They say we are a family but all they care about is the bottom line. Lots of pressure to reach goals. Causes some employees to do unethical service to reach their goals which is not in the best interest of the clients. Frontline works very hard but management gets all the credit. Frontline gets crumbs. Honesty doesn’t pay, if you are manipulative and dishonest this is the place for you.

Definitely don't recommend

Only worked there for a short period of time and it was on purpose. I couldn't leave fast enough. Such a demanding job and for what? Pay was barely above minimum wage, part time work, and horrible management breathing down your neck pressuring you to upsell everyone. Toxic environment with horrible managers. Pretty shady things I witnessed to say the least. Why I don't bank with them personally....

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

Terrible Management

Management gets you to bring in a doctor’s letter if you’re sick indicating you have Covid symptoms but illness is unrelated to Covid to get you to come in. Very high turnover with staff at the branch I worked at. Horrible management that took 2+ hour lunch breaks and didn’t lift a finger when someone expressing they had Covid-19 entered the premises. Personal banking associate role was redundant. They should have never got rid of the FSR role.

Pros

Adequate salary, great team mates.

Cons

Awful management.

poor salary rate, no support for growth.

TD OFFERS VERY POOR salary rate. No support or room for growth. They will rather hire outside than help and support current employees to be promoted within. They really push employees hard on score card and cxs reviews but not willing offer support for employees to grow..

Bad experience

Was harassed at this bank by Management. HR did not help. Felt bullied and it was a frightening experience. Long hours, and working weekend was expected from the first week. No training, no guidance provided. Good salary and benefits, but not worth the scary experience.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Working late hours and weekends is expected. Over governance of projects.

Went through the company's management training program and worked there for 5 years after as a branch manager and enjoyed my experience and the colleagues I worked with.

Pros

Good Benefits and great colleagues

Cons

Big Bureaucracy

2.7K