TD logo

3.5Job security & advancement

Found 1,549 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Diverse, Inclusive, challenging, satisfying, fun, employee appreciation

TD is a great place to build a fulfilling and satisfying career. Work is challenging at peak periods but there is encouragement by management to use off peak periods to go on leave and recharge. Paid time off are given in addition to paid overtime for employee appreciation. Process improvement is priority and employee feedback are used to build a great employee experience.

Pros

Year end Bonus, paid overtime, wellness and health benefits, employee share ownership plan, growth opportunities

Cons

Long hours during peak periods, multiple overlapping projects not well planned

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Productive and fun to work at TD

I love working at TD. The management and my teammates are awesome. Working with TD has been a great blessing to me. I have the support of the Team Manager and Teammates as well.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Nothing negative to talk about

Great environment with lots of room for vertical growth

Entry level positions can be a bit boring, but the team and management make it worth it. They train you well so you feel confident in your role and are always available for extra support. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. And after a year or so in an entry level role, management often encourages you to post for better, higher paying roles within the company and they even help you prepare and give advice on how to go about it. Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

fair pay, good benefits, wonderful coworkers and company environment

Cons

bit boring, repetative

Ok job

If you are someone that likes working in a fast paced call center setting then this is the job for you. GREAT benefits. Pay is ok for a start up. They promote work life balance but you really dont get that at all. Management really only cares about numbers and but some put in the effort to actually care about your well being.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance. All about numbers. Advancement isnt easy too much competition

I really can’t judge. 50/50?

Site was great. Benefits were great.Work itself was great. Amazing challenges. The pay was good for average, but I am clearly clearly, above average and there was nothing above than average for me. Nothing at all.. I did not feel respected. I did not get a worthy promotion. Managers put me down rather than help. I am overall glad I quit even if it is (and it is) the best employer in Canada. I wish you luck. I wish you prosperity.

Pros

One of the best employers in Canada FOR SURE!

Cons

Consistant unlawful judgements.

Great compensation and career advancement

TD has been a great company to work for. Compensation is most likely on par with other canadian Big 5 Banks, but it is still a very good starting place for any student. Yes, you will most likely start as a teller/phone agent, but after just a year in that role I was pushed to seek better positions in the company. A lot of emphasis is put on my career and anything is possible given that TD is such a large organization.Also semi-annual bonus are very welcome even for starting positions.Very generous pension plan and employee stock ownership plan as well.

Great work experience and on the job learning

It does help when you know, who is who in the organization. Networking and self promotion is essential in every job you go for. Your manager's support is extremely important for you to move forward. Your direct manager can make or break your career. But you learn a lot in each job positions, and develop your soft skills. Moving from one job to another every couple of years will help you move forward faster.

Pros

gain lots of valuable experiences

Cons

every job is stressful with fast paced environment and heavy goals

Goals and targets all thr time

Good for learning in fast pace environment but lot of places there are gaps in system which doesn't help much especially new processes and their training. And at managerial level I think I didn't get sufficient training but you just have to figure out mostly by yourself.

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Nice place to work, flexible work, Career advancement is challenging

TD is a great place to work. If have to be a productive and challenging. Career advancement is competitive and challenging. Reference is a very powerful tools for Career advancement.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

Very diverse culture

Organizational culture is very welcoming. Moreover the training programs help to learn more abt the Organization for better acceptance of employees. Interactive job.

Pros

Diversity, organization culture

Cons

Weekend hours n late hours of work

Depending on the position, lots of office politics on all levels

You really have to know someone to move up. Every advancement has to be done via interview unless you know someone. Most recently, I was overlooked for an internal promotion and it was given to an external candidate. Their reason when I asked was because I didn't express any interest, when in fact I did and was the most senior at the time and next in line for that position. The only thing that I strongly believe prevented me was that I was 6 months pregnant at the time.

Cons

Long hours, office politics

Just Disappointed

TD Financial Planning used to be a good place to have a career. They have made such significant changes to comp and practice structure that is no longer the case. Now you spend most of your time begging clients for good lei surveys than doing your actual job. God forbid you get a poor one for ANY reason. It costs you tens of thousands of dollars. Have had mistakes on my comp 4 times in the last year. Always in banks favor. Have to fight for what I am actually owed. Senior management views us as nothing.

Cons

Overworked, pay changes

Financial Advisor TD

Overall good company culture, socially responsible (LGBTQ2+, environment) but you have to really push for advancement. Entry-level can be really sales focused.

Pros

Earning bonus

Cons

Advancement hard

Solutions Designer

TD is a great place to work and I enjoy what I do every single day. I never have the "ugh it's Monday" feeling. My managers have been very supportive and accommodating. If I expressed interest in something, they would go out of their way to help me take on similar tasks.The only con I can think of is its not very easy to get promoted.

Pros

Lots of meaningful work, education reimbursement, performance bonus, stock matching, defined contributions, competitive salary

Cons

Promotions and raises do not come easily

Wonderful place to work

I spent 17 years working for TD in various roles, cities & departments. There was always opportunity for advancement & my leaders were strong 99% of the time.

Pros

Flexible, focused on diversity & inclusion & personal growth

Good team spirit and a professional environment.

I worked with TD for a very short time. I worked there through an agency. I discontinued due to Maternity and later moved to a different city. The I had a wonderful learning experience and working experience with TD.

out of control upper level management

Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.

Pros

excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.

Cons

long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure

Fun work

I had a great time going around branches a d meeting new people. The pay was ok and the company had lot of potential for development. All the branches I visited were supportive and encouraging to move forward

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

2.7K