TD logo

Clear

Found 1,234 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Productive and fun to work at TD

I love working at TD. The management and my teammates are awesome. Working with TD has been a great blessing to me. I have the support of the Team Manager and Teammates as well.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Nothing negative to talk about

Team environment respectful

Team members were respectful and shared knowledge and open to buddy with peers to assist with on-boarding of new employees and new team members. Thank you.

Pros

Opportunity to learn and improve skills

Cons

To keep up with mandates once will have to invest the extra time to keep up.

Great Environment & Atmosphere to work in

I loved working for TD. The staff at Branch 1862 was amazing. Enjoyed coming into work. I never used the benefits while I was working there, so I’m really not quite sure how good they were. I used to work here part time and they worked with my availability with no issues.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Very busy location

Nice place to work, flexible work, Career advancement is challenging

TD is a great place to work. If have to be a productive and challenging. Career advancement is competitive and challenging. Reference is a very powerful tools for Career advancement.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

Very diverse culture

Organizational culture is very welcoming. Moreover the training programs help to learn more abt the Organization for better acceptance of employees. Interactive job.

Pros

Diversity, organization culture

Cons

Weekend hours n late hours of work

Depending on the position, lots of office politics on all levels

You really have to know someone to move up. Every advancement has to be done via interview unless you know someone. Most recently, I was overlooked for an internal promotion and it was given to an external candidate. Their reason when I asked was because I didn't express any interest, when in fact I did and was the most senior at the time and next in line for that position. The only thing that I strongly believe prevented me was that I was 6 months pregnant at the time.

Cons

Long hours, office politics

Financial Advisor TD

Overall good company culture, socially responsible (LGBTQ2+, environment) but you have to really push for advancement. Entry-level can be really sales focused.

Pros

Earning bonus

Cons

Advancement hard

Solutions Designer

TD is a great place to work and I enjoy what I do every single day. I never have the "ugh it's Monday" feeling. My managers have been very supportive and accommodating. If I expressed interest in something, they would go out of their way to help me take on similar tasks.The only con I can think of is its not very easy to get promoted.

Pros

Lots of meaningful work, education reimbursement, performance bonus, stock matching, defined contributions, competitive salary

Cons

Promotions and raises do not come easily

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Never again

Never again will I work for TD. Management was not good with people. They aren’t for the clients. They push to get goals even though it’s not in the best interest of clients

Worst place to start a career

Horrible experience. They pretend that they are people's culture but in reality, they don't care about employees or customers. They push their employees to act unethically to achieve targets. They ask them to sell products that the customer doesn't need or use. They form groups in the branch and be brave enough to say no to one of the managers. Unless you are hungry and you don't have any other job opportunities, don't work at this company.

Great place to work!

The work environment was great, always felt supported. People were alway up for coffee chats and career talks which was probably one of my favorite parts about TD.

Pros

Culture, Wfh

Cons

Things move slowly

Proceed with caution

If you are looking for a place to clock in, clock out and just make a paycheck then this is the place for you. Your day to day for most roles is the same, management isn't well trained or supported to be able to provide you support for growth, and truly the only way to grow at TD is who you know and not what you know or even what you have done. The staff that are on the same level as you are great always enjoyed co-workers.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of support or care for you as an employee or an individual

A place where the effort and money is spent to make you think they are a great employer

Worked here ten years and what I came to know about TD is this, cultures of abuse, managers that do not care for their ppl, politics matter more than quality

Pros

Descent benefits

Cons

Awful managers that play favorites, rife with abuse, politics matter over quality of work, They advantage people through politics and favoritism

Stressful

It depends on the branch sometimes, I had better experiences at 2 but pretty negative at 3 others. Goals are set & you better make them which includes up selling even to people that either don’t need it or can not manage credit given to them.I worked there for 20+ years and it used to be more of a fun team. Now with the goals it pits staff against each other.I will say they have excellent benefits even for staff working 15 hours per week.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful

Fun place to work with, lots of opportunity for growth, management varies

I began as a teller and moved my way up to an advisor role. Although the interview process to be a teller was lengthy (and competitive! Lots of applicants showed up for the screening process and it was months before I heard back for a panel interview), it was well worth it. Sometimes weekly coaching can be tedious when you're only at TD a couple times a week but overall I learned a lot. I think some managers definitely could be more supportive than others - but you will find that anywhere. Majority of the managers I've met have been so kind, friendly, and overall fantastic! Even the staff are usually great people I get along well with. The culture is so friendly and encourages team bonding significantly. I have made a lot of long-term friends with this company. The manager you have heavily impacts your culture so my experience varies significantly, but currently my manager is amazing! It's definitely true that when when they're interviewing you - you should be interviewing them as well because they will show you how the culture is of that branch. I love the manager support, especially during COVID-19 because they were always there to protect you from angry customers or back you up when a customer is contesting what you have to say.

Pros

free bank accounts, increased bank knowledge, lots of friends, tons of room for growth, management can be fantastic, year-end bonuses

Cons

unpaid lunches, management varies which can impact work culture, weekly coaching can be annoying

Over stressed and no work life balance

I worked as a manager at TD. Left after 20 years. TD Bank become a culture of greed and profit. Clients and staff stopped being important. Sales, sales, sales is the motto for this bank. Even if the client did not need a product it was pushed and sometimes done without clients approval.

Fun and like family up until 3 years ago

Great work environment until about 3 years ago. Toxic work environment, Management ( BM ) not a team player as well as a very unprofessional staff ( conversations between staff ) . I was the last staff member left from the original hire in 2005 . This was the Sechelt Branch’s 5th Branch Manager since 2005 when the branch opened.

Pros

Great customer clientele

Cons

Management and HR department

Work culture is terrible

Working at TD is like a high school popularity contest. I have had managers specifically tell me that they know who will be promoted before a job posting goes up. It is more so about who you know and less about merit. Through my observations, I have realized that there is a lot of bad mouthing that goes on within the company. I have listened to colleagues and managers openly say rude and negative things about other people within a branch or district. It is one thing for a colleague to behave this way, but when management joins in it is extremely unprofessional and sets a bad precedent. Nothing you say is ever kept confidential, even when you are guaranteed so. I had to quit because the place was becoming an extreme burden to my mental health. I thought maybe this culture was limited to the branch I worked at, but through my discussions with employees in other branches, it seems that they have had similar experiences. I will say that branch culture is totally dependant on management, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Pros

Accommodating to student schedules

Cons

Too much gossiping, popularity contest

Very competitive very professional but amazing benefits

It’s not easy to survive there. It’s a place for the best of the bests. Sometimes it’s stressful but if you can survive it’s rewarding for sure. Fast career growth for people who are doing well. Lot’s of appreciation and opportunities for the hard workers. But not everyone’s cup of tea.Amazing benefits. Specially health support is the best in the entire industry. Best HR support in the industry as well.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus, career growth

Cons

Stressful, competitive, micromanaged

2.7K