TD logo

TD Employee Reviews

Found 3,442 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,794 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Diverse, Inclusive, challenging, satisfying, fun, employee appreciation

TD is a great place to build a fulfilling and satisfying career. Work is challenging at peak periods but there is encouragement by management to use off peak periods to go on leave and recharge. Paid time off are given in addition to paid overtime for employee appreciation. Process improvement is priority and employee feedback are used to build a great employee experience.

Pros

Year end Bonus, paid overtime, wellness and health benefits, employee share ownership plan, growth opportunities

Cons

Long hours during peak periods, multiple overlapping projects not well planned

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Much of my clientele were essential workers without a lot to invest.

TD could have been much better. There were unrealistic sales quotas and measurement against areas with wealthier clientele. Sales pressure was unending. While TD is a great company, my experience wasn't a great one.

Pros

Great team work

Cons

Preferential treatment to others within the branch

Productive and fun to work at TD

I love working at TD. The management and my teammates are awesome. Working with TD has been a great blessing to me. I have the support of the Team Manager and Teammates as well.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Nothing negative to talk about

Very stressful, management always on your case if you do not sign up enough customers on products, back to back calls.

Td never has enough people hired, customers in ques that are waiting is normally 1000 or more. Always listening to your calls, different departments managers instead of helping like to put bad comments in about you just to make themselves look good. There is a lot of passing the problems with customers onto the wrong departments.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Back to back calls

staff are overworked

Not enough staff to complete all the work in a timely fashion to provide good service. Management didn't care, its all about the bottom line. Management talent was below average, one was a real joke going out of his way to be critical of a person's work who was not in their department. Yes really!

Pros

colleagues were nice to work with

Cons

Parking ia a major issue, not enough spaces for everyone in the building

Great environment with lots of room for vertical growth

Entry level positions can be a bit boring, but the team and management make it worth it. They train you well so you feel confident in your role and are always available for extra support. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. And after a year or so in an entry level role, management often encourages you to post for better, higher paying roles within the company and they even help you prepare and give advice on how to go about it. Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

fair pay, good benefits, wonderful coworkers and company environment

Cons

bit boring, repetative

Ok job

If you are someone that likes working in a fast paced call center setting then this is the job for you. GREAT benefits. Pay is ok for a start up. They promote work life balance but you really dont get that at all. Management really only cares about numbers and but some put in the effort to actually care about your well being.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance. All about numbers. Advancement isnt easy too much competition

Team environment respectful

Team members were respectful and shared knowledge and open to buddy with peers to assist with on-boarding of new employees and new team members. Thank you.

Pros

Opportunity to learn and improve skills

Cons

To keep up with mandates once will have to invest the extra time to keep up.

Jobs at TD

See more jobs

Revolving door mentality

IT Operations: Lots of issues, malpractice, cutting corners. As a new grad please take your talent elsewhere. This organisation doesn't value their employees. Take your talent elsewhere. Contractor program is a tax scheme to take advantage of students coming fresh out of school only to be shown a termination notice. They are flush with money yet have no budget for keeping highly talented people. I do not recommend working here. Imagine a bomb is ticking and people keep passing it to someone else. That's TD in a nutshell.

Pros

paid on time

Cons

malicious environment

I really can’t judge. 50/50?

Site was great. Benefits were great.Work itself was great. Amazing challenges. The pay was good for average, but I am clearly clearly, above average and there was nothing above than average for me. Nothing at all.. I did not feel respected. I did not get a worthy promotion. Managers put me down rather than help. I am overall glad I quit even if it is (and it is) the best employer in Canada. I wish you luck. I wish you prosperity.

Pros

One of the best employers in Canada FOR SURE!

Cons

Consistant unlawful judgements.

Great compensation and career advancement

TD has been a great company to work for. Compensation is most likely on par with other canadian Big 5 Banks, but it is still a very good starting place for any student. Yes, you will most likely start as a teller/phone agent, but after just a year in that role I was pushed to seek better positions in the company. A lot of emphasis is put on my career and anything is possible given that TD is such a large organization.Also semi-annual bonus are very welcome even for starting positions.Very generous pension plan and employee stock ownership plan as well.

Stressful and deceiving

McDonald's would a better place to work. You become what they want you to be not what your talents are and if not they will find a way to make your life horrible.

Pros

Meet some hard workers

Cons

Loose yourself for no reason

Great work experience and on the job learning

It does help when you know, who is who in the organization. Networking and self promotion is essential in every job you go for. Your manager's support is extremely important for you to move forward. Your direct manager can make or break your career. But you learn a lot in each job positions, and develop your soft skills. Moving from one job to another every couple of years will help you move forward faster.

Pros

gain lots of valuable experiences

Cons

every job is stressful with fast paced environment and heavy goals

Great Environment & Atmosphere to work in

I loved working for TD. The staff at Branch 1862 was amazing. Enjoyed coming into work. I never used the benefits while I was working there, so I’m really not quite sure how good they were. I used to work here part time and they worked with my availability with no issues.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Very busy location

Toxic culture

Top down management style, inadequate communication, the company has no loyalty to their employees and will do layoffs at the drop of a hat. Very little teamwork.

Goals and targets all thr time

Good for learning in fast pace environment but lot of places there are gaps in system which doesn't help much especially new processes and their training. And at managerial level I think I didn't get sufficient training but you just have to figure out mostly by yourself.

Nice place to work, flexible work, Career advancement is challenging

TD is a great place to work. If have to be a productive and challenging. Career advancement is competitive and challenging. Reference is a very powerful tools for Career advancement.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

Very diverse culture

Organizational culture is very welcoming. Moreover the training programs help to learn more abt the Organization for better acceptance of employees. Interactive job.

Pros

Diversity, organization culture

Cons

Weekend hours n late hours of work

Not as expected

Expect a manger to always be on you for more regardless of what you're doing, or if there is a pandemic. Sales targets have not changed at all from the pandemic. I have to explain to managers during a lockdown why we don't have more sales then last year... that is how smart your people manager will be.

Pros

Paycheck comes on time

Cons

Stressful environment. Unrealistic targets. You will be asked to do a lot that is not your job

2.7K