TD Bank

TD Bank Employee Reviews for Teller

Teller39 reviews
Canada39 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.
helping customers with basic bank transactions. employees make the job fun, however, when short staffed position can be stressful to maintain quality service.
branch politics is something that is very prevalent; if you have a good manager it makes this job all the much better. however, some managers can make the job difficult and make it difficult to progress within the organization.

typical work day consists of helping customers with deposits, accounts and credit card applications etc.
I love this place. This is a great place
To

Start .every one is very helpful. Customer are nice. Too

Many

Things

To

Learn.you can rest

You future love it.
It was a friendly environment where everyone got along, where management was changed it got hard to deal with. Customers can be absolutely amazing to deal with or they can be terrible
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Extremely fast paced environment
Very fast paced job during the day. Fun group of people to work with. A lot of education on new products to educate your customers when required. Handle a great amount of money
Pros
No charges on your bank account
Cons
Standing for 8 hours at a time
I liked working here because it was fun, lots regulars to talk with and to foster a relationship with. There was always something new to learn. The financial aspect of it can be a little daunting but you can actually guide people into saving money by just educating them.
I could help people who are having problems with their card or deposit money into their accounts and help new people open accounts and when they pay their bills I would put a stamp on the bill stating paid
Pros
Free lunches
Bank teller responsibilities were to be responsible and knowledgable about their clients finances. I was able to learn vast amounts of helpful financial strategies.
Work life balance is good, salary is okay not the greatest. Management could use an overhaul especially some of the customer service managers - location where I worked there was lots of gossip with the managers. They preach a diverse culture but I found in my location that was not the case.
Deals with lot of customers every day with number of transactions they want to do and understand their view.
A lot of learning process and its detial oriented as it deals with money.
Pros
lot of befits
Cons
work hourd vary sometimes
Room for advancement but only if you 1) give up any semblance of your life outside of work to become a "I love TD" zombie or 2) become friends with management. Money is okay though.
As a teller it was awesome opportunity but the hours were all over the place and less hours to work. Did not have full time work or extending my hours.
They had enough people already so my hours were only 15 per week not enough to survive.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Less hours
TD is great, love the work environment.
For a CSR, and someone who's going to school, its a great part time job.

some things that I do not completely agree with are the sales goals, it can be overwhelming. As well as the group rating, when not everyone puts in the same effort.
A diverse workforce
Up to date technology

Great Opportunities to learn and grow

Fair and honest employer

Uses the agile methodology for project management

Great staff benefits
Pros
Great employer
Its a great place to get started in the business world and to figure out which route you want to take in the future. If you want to move up in the financial field of the bank you would need to have a good strong sales skill to sell products from the financial institutions.
TD Bank was my second employer right after McDonald. Big change but i enjoyed it. I was only 19 years old when i started with TD and felt proud to be working in a bank a such a young age. The team at the time was amazing, they made it very easy to blend in. I left after my maternity leave to start college.
Working at TD was fun and rewarding as my skills on Spanish became a valuable asset for many clients and staff workers.
I enjoyed my experience here. Fun and rewarding.
Pros
location
Cons
hours
Td bank was a great place to work. The managers were great, and they helped train and guide the tellers with all the interactions. There was room for advancement, and the people were all friendly.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Productive place to work, but non inclusive. If you know anything about banking or the political world make sure you forget it all and begin discussing vapid topics such as shopping and other popular celebrity gossip. Not a comfortable environment. Very poor training, managers are never around the bank as it is usually empty. And they have a tremendously high expectations with sales goals even though there is poor support.
Pros
You get to dress nicely
Cons
random hours, part time, hard to get another part time job because of random hours
Easy communication in the work place with customers and costaff is my weakness. This is in addition to my attention to detail and problem solving which people may think slow down work. Yet it is a good trait in sustaining business
I worked as a teller and conducted all transactions the clients required me to. Opened and closed the branch, filled the money machine and did daily counts with the supervisor on duty