TD Bank Employee Reviews for Teller

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 6,022 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
Diverse and forward thinking company
Customer Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2019
TD is an excellent employer, who provides an environment where opportunities to learn and grow are readily available to those who are motivated and have a solid work ethic.
Pros
work/life balance
Fun work environment
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON31 March 2019
Bank teller responsibilities were to be responsible and knowledgable about their clients finances. I was able to learn vast amounts of helpful financial strategies.
Td canada trust
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 March 2019
Work life balance is good, salary is okay not the greatest. Management could use an overhaul especially some of the customer service managers - location where I worked there was lots of gossip with the managers. They preach a diverse culture but I found in my location that was not the case.
handle every suituation
Teller (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 February 2019
Deals with lot of customers every day with number of transactions they want to do and understand their view.
A lot of learning process and its detial oriented as it deals with money.
Pros
lot of befits
Cons
work hourd vary sometimes
Nepotism at its finest
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 February 2019
Room for advancement but only if you 1) give up any semblance of your life outside of work to become a "I love TD" zombie or 2) become friends with management. Money is okay though.
Great Place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2019
As a teller it was awesome opportunity but the hours were all over the place and less hours to work. Did not have full time work or extending my hours.
They had enough people already so my hours were only 15 per week not enough to survive.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Less hours
Td
CRS - Teller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2018
TD is great, love the work environment.
For a CSR, and someone who's going to school, its a great part time job.

some things that I do not completely agree with are the sales goals, it can be overwhelming. As well as the group rating, when not everyone puts in the same effort.
Great employer
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  TORONTO CANADA13 August 2018
A diverse workforce
Up to date technology
Great Opportunities to learn and grow
Fair and honest employer
Uses the agile methodology for project management
Great staff benefits
Pros
Great employer
Its a good stepping stone
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
Its a great place to get started in the business world and to figure out which route you want to take in the future. If you want to move up in the financial field of the bank you would need to have a good strong sales skill to sell products from the financial institutions.
My Experience At TD Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2018
TD Bank was my second employer right after McDonald. Big change but i enjoyed it. I was only 19 years old when i started with TD and felt proud to be working in a bank a such a young age. The team at the time was amazing, they made it very easy to blend in. I left after my maternity leave to start college.
Fun
Teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
Working at TD was fun and rewarding as my skills on Spanish became a valuable asset for many clients and staff workers.
I enjoyed my experience here. Fun and rewarding.
Pros
location
Cons
hours
Td bank teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 October 2017
Td bank was a great place to work. The managers were great, and they helped train and guide the tellers with all the interactions. There was room for advancement, and the people were all friendly.
Pros
Great working environment
Poor job culture, non-inclusive
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Productive place to work, but non inclusive. If you know anything about banking or the political world make sure you forget it all and begin discussing vapid topics such as shopping and other popular celebrity gossip. Not a comfortable environment. Very poor training, managers are never around the bank as it is usually empty. And they have a tremendously high expectations with sales goals even though there is poor support.
Pros
You get to dress nicely
Cons
random hours, part time, hard to get another part time job because of random hours
Communicatio, attention to detail, problem solving and customer relations are my focus
Teller (Former Employee) –  Not yet in Bradford, ON29 March 2017
Easy communication in the work place with customers and costaff is my weakness. This is in addition to my attention to detail and problem solving which people may think slow down work. Yet it is a good trait in sustaining business
Very friendly and helpful staff members
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 March 2017
I worked as a teller and conducted all transactions the clients required me to. Opened and closed the branch, filled the money machine and did daily counts with the supervisor on duty
It is a very good environment to work in.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2017
TD employees are very friendly, understanding and caring people. It is easy to make friends and get along with co-workers. Pay is a bit lower than other banks but really great benefits. Also, TD provides really good discounts for their employees, as well as excellent employee savings accounts with good rates.
Various jobs
Teller, Securities and Investments (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
I held various jobs over the years but the pay and benefits are very good at the bank. Every year we received a performance appraisal resulting in a raise in pay.
Productive, Fast Paced Environment to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2016
I have learned in my time with TD how to engage with potential clients on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of this job is going to work each and every day with positive enthusiastic individuals.
this was my first job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2015
worked as a teller. would help clients with there banking needs. make sure my till was balanced at the end of the day.

i would try to upsell customer where possible
Pros
fast pace work renviroment
Cons
low pay
Indfferent
Personal Banking Specialist / Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  london2 July 2015
Lots of advancement opportunity in different departments. Typical day was spent interacting with customers servicing accounts. There was a lot of office politics.
Productive but not satisfying enough
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2015
A day at TD as a teller consisted of depositing cheques and/or cash, paying bills, creating drafts or certified cheques and much more. There is a lot of pressure which I am able to cope well with. I learned A LOT about banking in general and what the best ways to manage my money would be. I also learned how to sell their products well. Management was either too care-free or far too hard. My co-workers are great; pleasant and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is making sales because most people do not go into the bank looking to purchase something, they just want to deposit money and go. It is hard to sell something to someone when they did not intentionally come to you looking for it. For example, people walk into a clothing store looking to buy clothes. People do not always walk into a bank looking to set up overdraft protection or automatic transfers... I enjoyed serving the customers. TD is HUGE on customer service and I love interacting with people on a friendly yet professional level.
Pros
There was no heavy duty hands-on lifting or physical work
Cons
Standing in one spot all day not being able to move

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K