TD logo

Teller16 reviews
Canada16 reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Td

TD is great, love the work environment. For a CSR, and someone who's going to school, its a great part time job. some things that I do not completely agree with are the sales goals, it can be overwhelming. As well as the group rating, when not everyone puts in the same effort.

It was a gtreat place to work

It was a friendly environment where everyone got along, where management was changed it got hard to deal with. Customers can be absolutely amazing to deal with or they can be terrible

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment

handle every suituation

Deals with lot of customers every day with number of transactions they want to do and understand their view. A lot of learning process and its detial oriented as it deals with money.

Pros

lot of befits

Cons

work hourd vary sometimes

Great Place to work

As a teller it was awesome opportunity but the hours were all over the place and less hours to work. Did not have full time work or extending my hours. They had enough people already so my hours were only 15 per week not enough to survive.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

Less hours

Fun

Working at TD was fun and rewarding as my skills on Spanish became a valuable asset for many clients and staff workers. I enjoyed my experience here. Fun and rewarding.

Pros

location

Cons

hours

Communicatio, attention to detail, problem solving and customer relations are my focus

Easy communication in the work place with customers and costaff is my weakness. This is in addition to my attention to detail and problem solving which people may think slow down work. Yet it is a good trait in sustaining business

Various jobs

I held various jobs over the years but the pay and benefits are very good at the bank. Every year we received a performance appraisal resulting in a raise in pay.

I enjoyed doing my work satisfactorily

Customer SERVICE Opened new accounts/ closure of accounts Handled cash and cheques Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines. Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips. Enter customers' transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts. the hardest part of the job is when it does not balance. and the most enjoyable part is when the account is accurate balancing.

Pros

Flexible hours

good experience

good experience working with numbers. different environment and salary is too low.

Productive and fun place to work with many opportunities

- Great corporate culture with much support from staff - Fast paced environment - Definitely the best company to get solid customer service experience.

Pros

Lots of room for advancement

Cons

Must be flexibile to work around the clock

Jobs at TD

Teller positions
See more jobs

Very productive and very professional

I had a great time working with TDBFG. They have given me the tools and resources that I needed to better make my own dreams and goals at a closer range. I majored in Customer Service. I provided clients with well planned long term financial goals as well as short term. Target goals were given every quarter throughout the year which helped to maintain a consistency within the company and at the same time helped management to better their staff where it was needed.

Pros

Fantastic benefits and great perks

Stable job

A typical day at work would consist of me coming in and working a typical 7.5 hour shift. The job itself consisted of things from cashing a cheque to calling visa when clients had problems with the,. The management was ok, but they made it really hard to advance in the company if you're young. My co-workers are great but I also get along with almost everyone I meet so it was never a huge problem. The hardest part of the job would have to be some of the clients that I had to deal with. Just like any customer service position, dealing with the customers can sometimes be the toughest part. At the same time the best part of the job was meeting new people and expanding not only my social network but also getting to know certain people became such a joy.

Pros

free lunch, flexible vacation time and bonuses every winter and summer.

Cons

Not interesting enough, the atmosphere is dull.

Highly competitive

I worked for TD for 5 years throughout and after my schooling. I gained various interchangable skills in multiple front line positions. I learned valuable business skills especially in Customer Service and Sales. I found that even in one role managers frequently changed so it was important to document your successes, as some managers will be extremely helpful whereas others you wonder if they know what they are doing. You must seek Human Resource advice and guidance but this may not always be a valuable source. Seeking a personal mentor and people to advocate on your behalf is the only way to gain advancement, even then competition is great. Rotational shifts are even for full time staff there are limited set hour positions making life balance difficult, even for senior staff. If you dont mind repetition, tend to be somewhat of an introvert and can manage the stress of consistently meeting goals and abiding by always changing guidlines then the call centre may be a good place for you. I find that a general business degree can get you anywhere you want to go as they tend to focus on internal development, I had my education in HR and that did not seem to get me into the department, lots of work needs to be done, and even after that you may not get there. There are many different roles you can take part in but be careful about contract positions and what you may be risking. I would suggest creating a clear cut plan and branding yourself as best as possible. Be open, minded, sales driven, and willing to move for opportunities. I was not able to move, not able to obtain -

Pros

Gain strong business skills/knowledge, Can be rewarded through Rewards and Recognition Program, Lots of Coaching and Development, High Pay, Benefits

Cons

High Stress, High Sales Requirements, Time is monitored by the second "monkey on your back feeling", Not always recognized, Management Changes, Fast pace, High Responsibility, Highly Competitive

Productive, precise and fast paced

Mostly deposits and withdrawals and cashing cheques for customers. Entering transactions into a computer. Filing. Sending out statements. Balancing cash. I learned to work fast and accurate. Management was strict and for a good reason as we handled a lot of cash. Co-workers were all pleasant. The hardest part of the job was balancing at the end of the day after putting in hundreds of transactions. The most enjoyable was the customers.

Pros

donuts at the staff meetings.

Cons

having to work when my son was sick.

I enjoyed working at Toronto Dominion Bank

My day at work was typical of banking, providing customer service and supporting management and co-workers.

Professional enviroment

This is a decent job for students and recent graduates. Employee's are treated fairly and it is enjoyable.

2.7K