TD logo

Telemarketer7 reviews
Canada7 reviews

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Comparable to an Abusive Relationship

Answer inbound calls, activate customer credit cards, sales pitch for optional Balance Protection Insurance (BPI). All activity is monitored, including scheduled and unscheduled time off the phone, amount of time in between calls. I learned many procedures to help customers with their banking needs. Management is relatively supportive; however, there is a tendency of micromanaging. Workplace culture is stressful. There is high pressure to sell BPI, even though it is considered a low-pressure sales position. Management will consistently remind you that there's opportunity for advancement, but will not support you in a position transfer if you're not meeting ALL of your metrics, even the ones only relevant to this position. The hardest part of the job is selling BPI. It's not a very beneficial product to customers, but it makes a lot of money for the bank. Many articles have come out in the news about what a scam BPI is, and it is even illegal to sell similar products in many parts of the world. The most enjoyable parts of the job are when you get really pleasant customers on the phone, and special event days, such as free lunch, or 15 minute massages. Overall, they'll keep you just comfortable enough, and give you enough benefits that you almost forget how emotionally and mentally exhausting the work is, and guilty enough about missing any work that your mental health deteriorates.

Pros

Benifits, salary

Cons

High pressure, causes/worsens mental health problems

Strong focus on sales

This was a well paying position, however there is a heavy focus on sales, be prepared for this element. The management was friendly and helpful. The hours may be difficult, but they are transparent, so it is a choice you make early.

Pros

Pays well, friendly environment

Cons

Amazing job that I was also amazing at doing

At this job we conducted surveys to TD Bank customers, retrieving feedback on their customer experience. I was amazing at this job, averaging from 15-20 surveys per day, where other employees were getting less than 5 per day. I applied my skills from my previous call center job as well as my customer service skills to be the best surveyor in our location. I was fired because one of the staff member did not like me because of another associate that sat next to me. I was wrongfully dismissed from this job, because of another person's opinions. Nothing to do with my punctuality, or my ability to do the job. This job was nit hard to me at all. The staff was a younger age group team that based the staffing on their choices and not the employees ability to produce. I loved the job, because I was amazing at it.

Pros

easy fast paced job that involved customer service

Cons

terrible management

Great and fun workplace

great work place, great opportunities to grow! I learned telephone banking, insurance advice and making connections. The work environment and the culture is very open and welcoming. Ideas and curiosity are always welcome.

More cons than pros

A typical day includes talking to 50+ customers over the phone, and most importantly, selling them things. At the end of the day, it's NOT about the customer -- it's about how many customers you can help, in less time, while selling them products and services that generate profit for TD. Make no mistake -- if you cannot sell you will be harassed, micro-managed, and eventually fired. This was never a problem for me, just to let you know. If you can sell, you can do anything you want. I feel sorry for management, I can see how stressed they are with recent pressures and shakeups. Then they take that stress out on the employees. They seem to be wondering if they'll be the ones to be fired next. I knew many managers who had 15+ years of experience and were FIRED during the shakeup, without a blink of an eye from upper management. New "lean" leadership has crippled the employee culture. PROS: -Great co-workers. -Love the customers. -Love the pay and benefits. -Very flexible work schedule. -Great experience.

Fun environment, great benefits

Great place to work for. Amazing benefits! A little challenging to get into some positions though. Employees are friendly and everyone is willing to help each other out

Pros

Employee advantages

An Excellent and Supportive Sales Driven Environment

A typical day at this position involves receiving numerous inbound calls from our clients and fulfilling their requests in a timely and courteous manner. I am responsible for recommending and discussing suitable banking products on these calls and adhering to productivity metrics. Additionally I must strive to meet and exceed sales targets and have regular coaching sessions with my manager to refine my call flow and adhere to corporate guidelines. The management is very supportive, approachable, and considerate, and have helped me to push myself in improving my objection handling techniques. The most enjoyable part of the position is chatting with clients from all over the country and helping them find new ways to save money!

Pros

Great managerial support: regular coaching & feedback, Lovely colleagues and teammates

2.7K