TD

Canada77 reviews

Found 77 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,209 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Great culture and leadership

Great place to work. Very fast paced tho and Very high expectations from the employees. Love the leadership and also opportunity to grow. Love the place

Jump On The Nope Train Early

Stay clear! There's a reason the turnover rate is insane. Was lured in with the promise of disability inclusivity, and this job destroyed me. Training was good, but it all goes down from there. Managers will milk you for all that you're to boost their own stats. Excessively competitive for what you're paid, and God forbid you excel -- they will convince you to burn yourself out and then use you as a bargaining piece for their own raise. Won't be promoted unless you know someone in another department, even if you're the best on your team.

Pros

Banking benefits and financial education

Cons

Everything else

Insights into TD

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Contact centre representative (Easyline)

Worst job!! Toxic environment and resource officers disrespect you a lot if you call them for help or more info. Moreover, if you raise your voice everything will change and usually they would say let them know if it happens second time but it’s gonna happen frequently and you would feel like you have been sold to them for 40k a year. Team manager and General manager only care about their bonuses and would make your life miserable. Avoid this job to protect your mental health. Please do labour work rather then this job.

Great company with lots of room for advancement

Td bank is a inclusive company, working at td was very fast paced and some days can be very long. The supervisors and co workers are very helpful if you need help and coaching is done frequently to ensure you are progressing with your team. They had a lot of company events that would happen and team building events also. They have the option of full time abs part time so flexibility is possibly. All abs all a great company to work for abs lots of room for advancement and to grow within

You’ll have to work hard to succeed.

If you’re willing to work and have a competitive spirit, you’ll succeed. You’ll need to be an active, participating member of a team and be able to learn from coaching sessions.

Run fast

Customers are crazy and managers and ro managers don’t really help you. They have a lot of attitude and would rather hang up then help you with customer

Pros

A lot of overtime

Cons

Managers

Very cutthroat, competitive environment. Your schedule changes yearly & you have to earn it

Very monotonous, high stress call center. Competition is their key business model, pitting employees against each other. Managers are chosen based on meeting goals, not on management experience or qualifications. Most managers are not trained, they learn on the job at the expense of their team. I've had some really horrible managers who just drove us hard to make them look better & get promoted. My mental health has been permanently affected by working for TD for 10+ years. Physically, I have permanent injuries & they are very slow to accomodate & show zero compassion. The insurance they offer is reluctant to accomodate or honour claims, regardless of how many medical professional lobby on your behalf. There have been several people forced back to work after mental break downs & before they are ready to face the stressful workplace & at least one suicide (in office) as a result of this.You are ranked against your colleagues annually based on your performance, productivity & goals. This ranking is used when everyone has to bid annually to (hopefully) get a schedule that will fit your life. After 10+ years, I am still not guaranteed to have a Monday-Friday or even a day time schedule. I am also not guaranteed to get Christmas off despite seniority. I find this to be absurd. Pay increases are almost nonexistent, despite minimum wage going up. There is also a wage cap on all positions. Working from home since Covid is the only work/life balance I've ever experienced at TD. The trade off is the horrible & constant remote access issues, always blamed on the employee. -

Pros

The promise of bonus, promotion

Cons

Bonus & promotion only if you jump through fire, kiss butt & bleed TD green. Overtime is almost mandatory if you want to real metric, get bonus or be a champion

Amazing company to work for

I am blessed to work with TD and I recommend everyone to start their career with them. The managers are friendly and supportive through your career, they pay you well and take care of you.

Pros

Paid sick leaves

High paced call center

call center job hybrid, Take calls everyday and help customers resolve their banking issues in a timely manner. Also, after training, there is LEI survey and daily goals to attend

Pros

Benefits Paid Training Provided Work from home (covid 19)

Cons

LONG HOURS management stress high volume of calls all day

It was a fast paced environment, back to back phone calls.

Back to back phone calls, made for a fast paced work environment which takes adjusting to. Very sales driven and a touch of competition. Management wasn’t very hands on, unless you were away from your desk

Pros

Increase pay after 10pm

Great place and great people to work for. It is fast paced and very difficult at the beginning if you have no banking knowledge. If u give time you will learn everything.

No room for mistakes. Individuals expect excellence and nothing less. Not lenient

You are expected to be perfect, and flawless as soon as you start training, never let your guard down because the second you are sick during probation - you get berated for even having sickness as work matters more than the worker. Family matters happen *they don't care* don't even think about trying to take time off, even if it's an emergency. They expect perfection without even saying it- as you will get in trouble even for minor mistakes; even if you are learning to do the job if you aren't perfect at what you do expect the worse outcome and repercussions.

Pros

Fun co-workers and 50% of the coaches were so kind and helpful so it's the draw of the card honestly

Cons

Call after call pressure, Expected to upsell and aggressive sales tactics, Expect to be perfect the second you enter this position.

Nice workplace

Management super helpful and always assist with any issues that occur. Lots of calls during the shift. Super stressful on holidays, management however always there

Pros

Nice management

Cons

Lots of calls

Easyline Specialist

It was okay, lots of pressure and tough customers. Typical day consisted of answering phone calls, helping customers. The training program is really extensive and helpful.

Productive and fun to work at TD

I love working at TD. The management and my teammates are awesome. Working with TD has been a great blessing to me. I have the support of the Team Manager and Teammates as well.

Pros

Career development

Cons

Nothing negative to talk about

I really can’t judge. 50/50?

Site was great. Benefits were great.Work itself was great. Amazing challenges. The pay was good for average, but I am clearly clearly, above average and there was nothing above than average for me. Nothing at all.. I did not feel respected. I did not get a worthy promotion. Managers put me down rather than help. I am overall glad I quit even if it is (and it is) the best employer in Canada. I wish you luck. I wish you prosperity.

Pros

One of the best employers in Canada FOR SURE!

Cons

Consistant unlawful judgements.

Pay is great. Work isn’t too bad. The only thing that I would prefer would be that they provide more assistance in moving up to a different department by providing better resources.

Productive and competitive

Productive and competitive job. Work environment is quite good. The mentors put good efforts in you. One will find interactive people at TD from CEOs to managers to mentors to colleagues.

Pros

Good lounge area

Cons

Stressful

Great!

The amount of transparency the CEO has with the company as well as the amount of trust that is immediately offered is very rare and it immediately makes employees invested into the company because they can see their impact each day

Productive & a Safe Working Environment

Great Place to work for. Everyone is very helpful and welcoming. The management is always looking out for us in ways to learn and grow to the success of our career. Advancement is the priority here for both the management team as well as individually. I enjoy working for TD as they have a good work life balance and are accomodating.

A Collaborative Workplace

A welcoming culture. TD strives to make all employees feel welcome and encourage growth. The company provides competitive benefits tailored to each person's lifestyle.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement