TD logo

Sales Representative12 reviews
Canada12 reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Great place

Fun place to work, would recommend to all job seekers to apply. I have been here for several years now and may seriously consider retiring here for good.

Fun

Fun place to work but there is a lot of stress with the job. Extremely fast paced at the best of times but dealing with clients while dealing with the inflow can make things incredibly hectic

great experience and amazing company to work for

I love working for TD, facing different situations and obstacles everyday is a great way to keep you entertained and your brain stimulated on the job, its like learning something new everyday.

Great learning experience

The bank was a great experience for me. I grew as a person, learning responsibilities, budgeting and being able to problem solve and multi task. Teaching other people on how to save they're money was the most feeling accomplished.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

pressure of selling

Mentally Draining

Speaking from my location, I would say it is mentally draining. There is never a day where your not getting yelled at by a customer. There's also lack of training and support. The rules/policies are also inconsistent which makes it confusing. Theres are alot of favouritism in the branch as well. If they don't like you, they won't have your back. It's more of everyone has to watch out for themselves as there is no such thing as team work. There are so many other positions but very little opportunity to grow as management does not help. personally I found this job to be stressful and draining.

Benefits

Cons

Poor management, lack of training, no support

Unethical practices and management

I was fortunate enough to work with some good colleagues and the salary was reasonable but that is where the positives end. The sales aspect is shoved down your throat and they will do whatever necessary to compromise you instead of help you. Case in point; I met my first sales quarter on an average of 25-30 hour work weeks. For my next quarter, I was expected to do 6x as much; on par with the full timers. That's okay but what wasn't okay is they cut my hours in half down to 12-14 hours a week as they brought in other more experienced staff. I would be amiss to note that they publicly share your sales numbers with everyone else in the branch. I imagine this is typical but when you pull stunts like having the lowest earners listed in huge font to bring home the point of who is doing the worst, it's quite jarring. Perhaps the biggest disgrace is how unethical Management is. I requested a leave of absence on account of some sudden health and personal matters. I was informed by Management that I could take as much time off as I needed and that my position would be there for me when I was ready to return. I then later received a corporate letter stating that after 30 days my branch would be under no obligation to hold my position. I received this letter by the 4th week of my leave and/or right before the 30 day deadline. When I confronted management about it, they just towed the company line, ignoring their purposeful disregard of misleading me about this information when I first requested the leave of absence. Maybe it's just one branch, but they represent everything -

Pros

Good rates on credit cards, decent salary

Cons

Management, Policies, Ethics

Sales representative

On a daily basis i was mainly in Telecommunications. Through some of that experience , I've learned many marketing skill techniques. Management & Workplace culture was very professional, And I really enjoyed working with different people from other cultures. Was quite an experience.

Quebec is not the same as the rest of the country

When I started working at TD, I was told it was a laidback company with lots of advancement. I found it true for the ROC, but Quebec management was very cruel, short sighted, and sort of bullies. Also the salary was low, and the advancement in the province is limited to sales, and sales manager.

benefits

Cons

management style

TD Visa Activations

Activating Visa accounts and sales of insurance. Pay was great and work was fun. I would work a 8 Hour day doing this or would take overtime if it was available.

Poor Management

overall great experience learned everything i needed to work in the financial industry

Pros

work enviorment

Cons

management

productive and helpful with team members.

i am working as sales rep. i was making calls to the customers. i learns so many things here like the professional way to talk to the customers as well as co workers.

terrible work environment!

Dont waste your time working here! very high stress does not compensate for the slighter higher wage (a few dollars more an hour for call centre work-London) Given unrealistic demands for making sales on calls where people are calling in to complain for higher account fees!Super high turn over and abusive managers.

Pros

a few dollars higher wage

Cons

negative work environment

2.7K