TD logo
TD
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

TD Employee Reviews for Mortgage Specialist

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,796 reviews

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

Very hard to survive

I was working as a mobile mortgage specialist, the problem is you cannot make it in this roll because 9 out of 10 people you are getting are not qualify for mortgage, and on each team they hire more than 20 people so there will be no business left for you. No one will answer your questions and only you can learn from you co workers. it's good to learn the drill but not for making money

fantastic to work with great organization.

it is self explanatory how i feel working at TD bank. great experience , great leadership. wonder full working environment . i will strongly recommend TD bank to friends and family.

productive and competitive

nice and friendly work environment room for growth supportive management ongoing training management guidance on how to reach sales goals planning strategies

I enjoy the flexibility that my job offers Love my Manager and good group of people that I work with Enjoy the flexibility so that I can be close to my family

Love the credibility the brand provides but the personal lifestyle does not match

Great place to work. I had a wonderful experience with management- the pay scale was not as I had expected and the ability to achieve my personal financial goals was not outlined as expected

Not much of advancement.

I worked my way up the ladder to management and there were two options to chose from people management or specializing in 1 product. This is a big company and the direction that they are going was not what I wanted.

Pros

flexable work schedual

Cons

24/7 no work/life balance

Multiculture environment

I enjoyed my stay at TD. Supervisors were great. Environment makes me motivated all the time. Training is always provided. There's room for advancement

Working as MMS with TDCT

Working at TD in a variety of roles has really given me a good feel of the overall environment. Working as a MMS in my recent role was very challenging but rewarding. This role requires you to be highly motivated and find your business day in and day out. The salary could be better as the role does require lots of time and effort. Working at TD was a great experience and I have gained lots of valuable knowledge.

TD is sadly no longer a great bank.....

There is terrible management right from the top. The only focus is sales, the customer and employees are not at all a priority. Since the former CEO left TD there is no soul to this company anymore. The only focus is how to squeeze EVERY LAST PENNY from ever employee and customer. It is so incredibly sad since TD used to be the most ethical bank, focused primarily on the customers and employees and there would be a sense of pride which is no longer evident.

Jobs at TD

Mortgage Specialist positions
See more jobs

Proactive to reach out for new business

Great way to learn how to start a sale approach with stranger and obtain a business opportunity with them. Great compensation and great team work. Very flexible work hours.

Pros

mobile and flexiable

Cons

full comission base

Management makes all the difference

There is no such typical day of work, every day is new and fresh. Meeting clients, cold calling, networking was fun but not structured enough for me. I preferred management where I would be in a much more controlled environment .

Great work place great co-workers

Workplace culture was fantastic. The TD brand is great to work for with many perks. A typical day would be meetings in the morning with meeting with clients to follow. In the evening was Mortgage applications at my office at home. The hardest part of the position was new clientele and the best and easiest was keeping clients, interacting with clients and be able to express great excitement when my clients were approved for their biggest purchase in their life a mortgage.

Good bank.

Management and training system could be better. I had to learn all myself trough my mistakes. Low support from the side of management. Good benefit system

I would prefer keeping private

the reason to why I would like for this matter to be private is due to the fact that I respect the entities or corporations I deal with and I would like for the information to remain private.

TD Canada Trust

Sales and Service in a retail branch environment providing exceptional financial solutions to clients and customer, I loved working here h/e my long term career goals have changed.

okay depending on where you work in the company.

If you have a graduate degree, you're good. They will train, move you up, and take care of you with okay money. Not great, not bad, most branch jobs max out in the mid 50k range except for the branch manager. If you work in service, so tellers, call centre, etc. etc. the pay is awful. the benefits are good. and the hours are usually awful. Don't plan on going anywhere and even if you do it's only a matter of time before you get bumped by someone with a degree.

Pros

training

Cons

slow movement within company.

Very entrepreneurial without satisfactory training

Not the best for people coming from outside the banking network. The marketplace is very competitive and TD priced themselves out of the markets they don't want to be involved in without voicing their intent to the MMS network.

Great work place

Lots of learning opportunities. Managers and HR are willing to guide you if you want to grow and move to the next level.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

You have to like banking

Good Workplace ! People are friendly

Very Hectic! Learnt a lot ! There are always seminars that you can attend to brush up your knowledge Management is very supportive Co-workers are friendly the hardest part is to get approval and co-operation from the head office on mortgage approvals. the most enjoyable part is to get deals approved

Pros

Work Independently with real estate agents and COIs

Cons

Pay is not any more attractive based on the amount of work and business brought in for the bank

Great place to work with lots of room for advancement.

TD is a great company that offers competitive salary, benefits and advancement opportunities.

2.7K