TD logo
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

TD Employee Reviews for Manager

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Overworked

Poor leadership. Double standard in promoting people and time in role only applies to some people. Talent should be promoted based on capability not tying employees to time.

Pros

Good employee culture, benefits, training

Cons

Poor leadership, undervalued, overworked, under paid, high stress, lack of opportunity

Large Institution, Easy to get lost in the size

Customer facing roles as well as Global support 365 days per year. It is a very competitive environment and most internal roles are awarded on relationships you have formed within the Bank.

High Stress

7.5 hours / day is not the norm for many head office roles. Expect long hours where needed. career advancement is dependent on 'who you know', not accomplishments. Large customer focus.

Not a good place for people with initiative and ideas

TD has a very political, hypercompetitive ( based on relations not results) micromanagement culture. There is always a rule to follow but not a change to explore. People who have been there for years are not willing to accept or be with the rapid changes on the industry. Calendar is full of meetings to discuss the previous discuss but there is not decision making or action. Not recommended for millennials or action driven people.

Just Ok

great culture and inclusive environment. Lately though leadership seems to be lacking and opportunity to advance my career seems limited. Working hours and locations are also flexible, depending on your leadership.

Fantastic place. to work!

TD has great culture and fantastic work-life balance. No only one can learn a lot but also have opportunities to apply the knowledge. Management is supportive and professional.

Pros

opportunities for personal development; exposure to cutting edge technologies

Cons

sometimes feels too big and slow for today's fast paced economy

Great job culture and very focused Team Work

Well Managed and structured Business Environment. Multicultural business team and well diversified experiences. Clear Vision and purpose. Continues Technology enhancements to meet the Business and consumer demands and needs.

its busy

with the banks all competing for the same customers...it is certainly very busy. the work is fun but challenging! each day is very different from the previous day.

Great

Great bank to work and make career Good technology and business practices Good supporting groups, ethical and proactive leaders Team work

Regularly honor top performers

Is a Coaching culture, with an amazing Learning Management System with Career Path planning! This helps individuals build not only their network and industry knowledge, but provides them with mentorship from senior employees and 360 feedback that enhances personal development.

Pros

An inspiring workplace culture with amazing benefits

Jobs at TD

Manager positions
See more jobs

a bank

A big bank with lots of people. Managed projects for various internal clients. Never worked pass 5 pm always got lunch and paid well for my efforts. .

Highly imbalanced job work and personal life balance

The aggressive expectation of TD Bank in sales from management makes it highly stressful for employees from lower level to senior levels. Job security is not very strong due to continuous changes which are not even constructively researched to see the impact of their implementation.

Lots of learning opportunity depending on where you are within TDS

Last few years, I have been able to gain loads of knowledge and experience at TD. In terms of work-life balance, it completely depends on how hard you want to push yourself. Management wont tell you to take a break! With the recent changes at TD, focus has been on maximising the returns with lesser number of resources.

Great work life balance

TD Bank provides a good work life balance. The organization allows people to move in different roles and explore new opportunities to grow their careers.

TD Business Banking

Enjoyable and interesting work with great clients. Lots of time management flexibility with a home office when I'm not on the road meeting with clients. Pretty good work-life balance once you get into middle management (they'll work you pretty hard before you earn a management role)....which leads too: Culture is very competitive due to aggressive sales goals. I don't fully trust my colleagues and management. It wasn't always like this but is increasingly going in the wrong direction. Staff turnover is high and recruitment is challenging. Too many staff leave after 2-5 yrs.

Pros

home office flexibility

Cons

culture & turnover

Major Bank

At TD I was given the opportunity to work in different departments and manage them. The management was good and job security was present

Pros

Job security

Cons

Recent restructurng makes staff feel unsure about job security.

Loved my job for many years. Was forced to switch locations and work for Manager who had his own agenda and did not value my 20+ years of skills and knowledge. I loved managing a successful team but all my ideas were not allowed to be put in place.

Pros

Great culture until 2015

Cons

No HR counsellors anymore to seek help and advice from

Good Company, Poor Lower Level Management

This company is full of nepotism and personal connections. It doesn't matter how hard you work, if you don't know the right people, or play the "game", you will never move up.

Productive and fun workplace

I work at one of the busiest financial institutions in our town. I work on my own but I am surrounded by an awesome team environment.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Not enough guaranteed hours

fun and challenging at the same time

it was a great experience overall during which I've learned a lot I had to work with very nice people and had the opportunities to help various customers on many different levels which was more rewarding

Two stars here's why

I've worked my way up the corporate ladder in 14 years- it was fantastic. The last 5 years it became less of a family and more of a "job". Leaving a management position was interesting I was able to see a lit if behind the scenes. They no longer care about work/homelife balance, all about business practices - demand more, have numerous cutbacks in a two year period. Increase job account abilities, pay increases are no longer something to look forward to. It used to be such a great company to work for- but I feel has grown too big in a short amount of time and hence the " personal interest " has been lost. As a manager you work far more then you bill the bank for- no problem , give and take- but the take is endless and short staff results in not being able to take lieu time. I am a firm believer that less is more, but with too many cut backs , new products, new procedures , minimal staff it creates a tornado. This company should be on undercover boss and true colours will be viewed. In my district there's been a huge turnover with long term dedicated employees leaving because of this. I admit TD has excellent training/ course opportunities but grab these to benefit you elsewhere. They pay on the lower end of major OFI's. Good place to start out in banking but let another company reward from what you learn. Benefits are terrific , which is the only reason I stayed-. Award winning customer service but no longer reward the staff who are dedicated, efficient.

Pros

Used to be a fantastic company

Cons

Company has changed

2.7K