TD

Loss Prevention Officer9 reviews
Markham, ON9 reviews

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,348 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Provided good insights to corporate politics

Learned a lot during the time I was there. Not a lot of room to grow unless you know people internally. Had to wait 1 year to apply to internal roles. There was a hiring freeze internally after the one year waiting time so decided to explore external opportunities

Horrible management for underpaid labour

I excelled in my department but due to health issues (NOTE: COVID WAS VERY RAMPANT AT THIS POINT) I had to take leave. The manager was not happy with having to give paid leave and ghosted me in communication during my leave and I was left in the dark. Even though I was a top performer in the prior period, the team email deliberately excluded my achievement. Customers were also super rude during COVID :).

Pros

Good room for growth

Cons

Horrible management, pay, and movement to 'better' positions

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Employee welfare at the top

Employees r well treated which makes us comfortable enough to give in our 100% to our responsibilities. Easy access to connect with colleagues in other departments. Can approach ur supervisors or head of department with ease with questions u hv in ur mind. No judging on ur questions

great employees

Td is. great place to experience and enhance your work background with the family like environment TD employees help each other out. With a great Motto TD has legendary customer service.

Inbound Fraud Dept

Taking inbound calls from customers that have either had fraud on their account or potential fraud occur. I learned how to identify fraud trends and patters while educating customers so are educated on what to look for within their accounts and day to day activities regarding their banking information. The hardest part is that everything is timed, e.g. your breaks and unscheduled breaks are all times which makes the work place feel very rigid and almost robotic. The most enjoyable part is turning an unpleasant call with a customer into a positive experience.

Great Work Environment

Great place to start after your undergrad with the possibility of advancement. Opportunity to learn and grow with experienced mentors and thorough training.

customer service

The company, and even more importantly, loss prevention, emphasizes the importance of customer service. Great job, if you're good with your words and quick. Hardest part of the job is resolving the inconvenience or the fraud issue in regards to the customer. If you're not a people person, this is not the job for you. Job is great though. Company does well to give you recognition when you're doing great. They also provide assistance and development plans if otherwise.

Pros

recognition, pay, growth

Cons

competitive, mentally exhausting

Description of daily tasks

Talk to customers over the phone to verify transactions with customers to determine if they are legitimate. Document notes and file fraud claims, itemize fraud transactions, and send out card replacement.

Overall atmoshphere

You are the first line of defense for customers dealing with fraudulent transactions on both a credit and debt card. Call center is 24/7 environment. This position was only suppose to be a entry level, well 3 years later Im still there. Big misconception of this company. Extremely bias as to whom moves onto different departments, also different sets of rules for Managers versus support staff.When you do something wrong they won't pull you off the phones to talk about it. They talk down to you constantly and treat you like your worthless.

Pros

TD has a culture that embraces diversity, corporate responsibility and inclusiveness

Cons

Some roles in operations require long hours, weekend work and overtime. For people with families, this might not be a good fit.