TD logo
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

TD Employee Reviews for Insurance Advisor

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,796 reviews

Call centre

High paced call centre and no flexibility at all. It is nice to get paid every Thursday, training for exam for good but product training could be better. Overall okay experience so far.

Horrible

Not sure where to start. They have been hiring a lot in Moncton (in waves). Almost all the people I trained with are gone, some went on stress leave within 3 months. Micro-management, they will scare you to try and make you compliant (you can go to jail if...), they track every minutes of your shift. Very toxic environment. They won’t tell you this but all off phone duties have to be done in your personal time without pay. Waiting time for customers was 3-4 hours when I started. A joke. So they were all angry. If you are bilingual, they will push you into the Quebec licensing right after training which is crazy. I’m just speechless about my experience. I’m a very positive person with a good attitude, but this was too much. I was there for less than 5 months and had to go to a therapist for help. I couldn’t sleep or eat anymore. They have a new system and an old one so you have to learn to work with the two. They don’t work properly, the phone systems don’t work properly either. They are very under staffed because everybody is leaving. Not a good start in Moncton for them at all. If at all if, you consider working there, wait two years for covid to be over (hopefully) and for the old system to be gone and other systems to be fixed.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, bad management, very high pressure

productive and fun workplace

if you're a person that likes to help customers and do it 0ver the phone this is the place to do it. the benefits are great and salary if very good. also a lot of room to move up within TD Bank

High Turnover, Incompetent Managers, Toxic Politics | Stay Away.

TD is a great company; it genuinely cares about its employees experience and does its absolute best to ensure the experience is not tarnished. The decision and negligence of incompetent leaders within an organization are not what I use to determine what makes a great company. In this case, at TDI leaders foster a negative employee experience through indirect belittlement, lack of recognition, and favoritism. I've seen employees walk out, and never return. we've had employees send team wide emails upon their departure and outline all the issues within the leadership team (nothing changed). We've had new hires within 90 days into the role face mental stress and frantically look for external/internal opportunities to leave the company or environment. I've had people tell me because of the negative atmosphere and no positive career development that they do not feel fulfilled in their roles at TDI McNabb (Markham Office). People are supposed to be coming into work and leaving with a feeling that they've invested their time. Our leadership team has built such a toxic environment you walk away from every shift feeling like you wasted 8 hours of your time and all your accomplishments throughout the day were to no avail. It is a very controlled environment, every second of your shift is accounted for and tracked. Your washroom breaks, your personal breaks be it for emergency, personal care, hygiene, even the time you leave your desk to fill your mug up with some tea or coffee is tracked and used to penalize you through the several metrics assigned to each advisor. If you arrive -

Pros

Free food on some busy days that management hands out as they have no other productive work to do

Cons

Low salary, high stress, repetitive work, long hours, no leadership, no career development, very controlled - no autonomy, belittlement through coaching and within the office

Great place

Treat employees with respect and great bonus and benefits! everyone was/ is treated fairly. meeting daily targets and sales. keeps the job interesting.

It used to be a good place to work. But recently they purchased a new software at TD insurance which is a highly debatable non user friendly version. The targets have bee increased. A worst software and higher targets is what you can expect if you join the company today.

Nice work place

I loved it there. Great job culture and ability to advance. Lots of opportunity to get involved. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the changes in the Industry. But I found it very rewarding and challenging at the same time.

Productive and fun workplace

Communicated effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information on TD products.

Great company to work for

This company cares for their employees, and make work an enjoyable place to come into everyday

Jobs at TD