TD logo

Human Resources Manager4 reviews
Canada4 reviews

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Typical day at work

day at work - Human Resource support to various groups and lines of business throughout the organization. Providing guidance and advice, building capabilities.

Exceptional Culture with a focus on legendary customer experiences and personal development

TD Bank is definitely focused on training all employees to provide the best possible exceptional (legendary) service to their customers. Personal growth and development was a primary focus for employees in order to ensure they met the banks vision as well as succession planning. Tools and resources available to employees to assist them with their personal goals were readily available. Personal ownership to meet and exceed goals and departmental accountabilities were a constant requirement and on-going focus to ensure overall business success. Consistent planned coaching was a necessity for personal and team growth, accountability and attainment. In my time at TD, I worked within 3 distinct businesses and due to my focus on my performance, attainment of goals and on-going learning and development, I was able to move forward when opportunities presented themselves. Expectations were high at all times therefore focus on business/personal goals and time management to achieve them were paramount, lending to a stressful environment at times. Access to tools and resources to assist in reducing stress were readily available. Employees consistently exceeding goals were rewarded with fun events, awards/recognition and VIP destination trips. I developed life-long friendships with many colleagues while working for the bank. For this as well as my numerous learning experiences and personal growth, I am truly grateful.

Pros

Growth and Developmental opportunities, reward and recognition award potential, exceptional employee benefits programs

Cons

Can be stressful environment with high expectations

Excellent work environment

I enjoyed working for the organization, I learned a lot and made many great friends.

Very good overall experience

Great team, challenging project. A lot of overtime for myself as I had to learn a lot in very short time in order to be able to deliver the project. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team, the least enjoyable was that information regarding the project was hard to obtain.A typical day started at 8:30 AM and could end at 4 PM or at 9 PM, depending on the next deliverable. The team was great.

Pros

location, team, domain of work, free coffee and tea

Cons