TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Representative in Toronto, ON

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

Okay

Best coworkers and team i've been part of so far. Advancing up is solely based on connections however. My transition between customer experience associate and FSR was not good. Basically thrown into the position with little knowledge of role and expected to give people financial advice.

Pros

good team

Cons

poor management

Average

Sales oriented, Its all about Sales, very Target focused, people are great but the only topic of discussion is Sales and there is no motivation to earn any extra commission for all your hardwork

Stressful, low paying job

The culture at TD is driven by numbers and sales quotas. You need to be prepared to work aggressively to exceed your sales targets if you want to flourish in the role. You will compete with your co-workers and be required to participate in regular coaching sessions. If you enjoy always having a task to do, working with people, and do not mind the pressure of sales targets this role is a good fit. Unfortunately, the beginning pay for this role is low.

Good pay but too stressful

Stressful work environment, sales goals are unrealistic and employees are not treated well if they do not perform under a high-stress environment and make quotas. New staff are left alone to figure things out for themselves in front of customers. On the bright side, the pay and benefits are good but asking for schedule flexibility or a day off is a nightmare.

Pros

good pay, good benefits, good vacation hours

Cons

work weekends, stressful environment, high sales goals, lack of training, poor management, poor work-life balance, understaffed

amazing experience

• Provided timely and accurate guidance and legendary service to 60-80 cardholders on a daily basis. • Established a positive working atmosphere by collaboratively working with the team to help gain revenue, increased customer satisfaction, remained 100% compliant to banking regulations, brought home team cash and recognition for the team on site. • Consistently being one of the top performers in all 3 contact centers combined (Markham, Montreal, London). • Year-end efficiency is 101%, sales revenue is 350%, units are 285%, 100% compliant for all call pulls, winner for the “On the Rise LEI (Legendary Experience Index) for last 2 quarters. • Increased quality of sales by up-selling/cross-selling. • Achieved the title of “highest retention rate associate” with a rate of 67%. • Exceeded departmental sales targets through recommendation of appropriate products and services. • Contributed to effective cost and risk control through productivity and adherence to corporate processes and controls.

Managers Fail Employees

I used to love working for TD. I've been there for over 2 years as I recently became an FSR and moved locations. Managers are horrible and are not supportive at all. There's no one training you and they blame you for things they should have taught. Before I couldn't wait to go to work but now I don't enjoy working here anymore and I know I'm a huge asset. On top of that, I think it's really stupid that we have to work from 8AM-8PM. How do you expect your employees to enjoy work and work hard if you make us work like slaves. If you want your employees to perform well, first fix your management. There are managers who shouldn't even be managers at all.

Pros

great culture, lots of business

Cons

long hours, horrible management, lack of support

Good place to start while studying

Good place to learn the basics of banking, once in its hard to get out of retail banking. Poor management with unrealistic sales target. Under paid.

Retail Banking at it's best for customers and employees.

Nice diversified and inclusive work culture. Continuous learning was one of the key factors that made me improve my skills. I feel fortunate to have an amazing journey at TD Canada Trust.

Excellent!

The environment and team are excellent and many opportunities to advance. Sales targets are a bit aggressive, but you would expect that being one of Canada's largest banks

great employer

many opportunities to quickly advance within the branch level. within 2 years, you can go from teller to financial advisor if performance is achieved.

Jobs at TD

Financial Representative positions, in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Average role

Very sales focused, you have to do everything possible to get ahead and prove to management that you can sell the bank's products. It is a necessary role if you want to work in banking.

Very much driven by sales

They make you do a lot of work and the pay is not good. The retail branch is very sales driven and even though they say customer service and how important it is and at the end of the day its all about numbers. The sales quota is very high and every quarter the expectations and the work pressure increases. All they cared about was what business you brought in and it didn't matter how because some of the customers had no idea what they got and whether its really beneficial for them. I have seen myself the people that were doing really well were the people that didn't really have any moral at all because they did whatever they could to get the business.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

Not good pay and too much sales driven.

Great Place to work.

Excellent workplace to work, so many different banking applications, high targets, great customer service, long days, management is very helpful and great to work with.

Great job for an introduction to sales experience.

I worked as a Financial Services Representative with TD for just under a year before I had to go back to school. The culture is highly supportive, with a branch support call-center that believes in LEGENDARY CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE, managers that believe in you and your ability to perform, and great leaders in upper-management that allow this to happen. The branch that I worked at was led by a great manager who cares about her employees and carried with her an arsenal of management experience. I found that the job requires a lot of out-bound and in-bound calling, lead tracking, referral closing, and sales closing in order to be successful in the position. The branch and weekly coaching sessions display the management's belief in everyone's ability to succeed. Overall, working at TD was enjoyable and developed skills that otherwise, would've been relatively difficult to obtain.

Very stressful position, forced selling

I enjoyed the role in helping clients, however depending on what branch you work at you could be forced by the branch manager to push bad products just to meet the ever growing sales targets. You'll be working weekends and evenings, and be required to help out the front line constantly - dependant on the branch of course. Good learning environment and training is good, it really comes down to what branch your working and how helpful for manager is.

Pros

training

Cons

very unrealistic sales goals

Great job

Energetic place to work. Learned a lot about face to face interactions with clients in this role and how to navigate multiple computer systems. High stress

Pros

Learning a lot

Cons

Low salary

It was great

My experience was great. As it built the base for customer service which is helped me to get in to my current role. I worked for almost a year and half and it was amazing

Great Work environment

Great work life balance. Great benefits The advantage of growing your career in TD was amazing. always room for growth within the organization. All has one thing in common and it was to grow.

Good student job

Good place to start your career, benefits and pay are good for a student. Lagging promotion after finishing your schooling. Depends heavily on where you work

Td

Overall TD is a great company, with a strong base for team-work and they are great with focusing on growing with employees within the company. I enjoyed working there.

Great Christmas Parties

You learn a lot of how the banks operate and become better at customer services. In a lot of ways this company really opens your eyes as to how business works and the real world.

Pros

Work as a team

Cons

You always have to watch your back

2.7K