TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

Financial Representative229 reviews
Canada229 reviews

Found 229 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,209 reviews

Good place to build retail banking career

Good place to build retail banking career. Sale goals were unattainable for the branch I was at given that it was a slow growth region. It was supposed to be adjusted for the market size, but not sure if it was sufficiently adjusted for that specific market.

Very bad environment

There is too much politics in the workplace that you don’t see.Bank has a huge turnover rate for a reason.The job training is HORRIBLE.The pay is lesser compared with other banks.

Insights into TD

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

So stressful fast pace work TD is paying fairly but they suck your blood

TD is like a banking academy. You learn from them from 2 to 4 years and move to other banks more relaxed duties. I still recommend it even it's hard working but it's compensated

Pros

Once in a while we go for supper

Cons

Yeah

Opportunity for growth

TD promotes growth opportunities and challenges you to think of what’s next. There are many opportunities available through the internal job portal. This provides the confidence to the employees that they can grow within the company.

Pros

Growth opportunities

Cons

Can be goal oriented

Average

Sales oriented, Its all about Sales, very Target focused, people are great but the only topic of discussion is Sales and there is no motivation to earn any extra commission for all your hardwork

Stressful, low paying job

The culture at TD is driven by numbers and sales quotas. You need to be prepared to work aggressively to exceed your sales targets if you want to flourish in the role. You will compete with your co-workers and be required to participate in regular coaching sessions. If you enjoy always having a task to do, working with people, and do not mind the pressure of sales targets this role is a good fit. Unfortunately, the beginning pay for this role is low.

Excellent pay but high stress

Metrics can be difficult for many. There is a lot of pressure to sell and cross-sell constantly. Day time hours are difficult to come by for new hires. Management are friendly as long as you meet metrics. They can be very harsh if you do not. A credit check and criminal record check were required. Salary and benefits packages are exceptional. TD Canada Trust is an LGBTQ2+ friendly environment as well as an equal opportunity employer. Community events can be fun.

Pros

Excellent rate of pay

Cons

High level of pressure to meet sales targets

Flexible Work Hours

Hard to go from front office to back office.corporate. Sales goals lead to a lot of pressure of sales goals being met in the wrong way. Good for students stating out.

very competitive, short of people, managers are busy. no time for you

very competitive, short of people, managers are busy. they dont have time for you, nor they have time to discuss your career development. They just give out goals, Top management dont care if the goals are achievable or not. Pushing people for sales, involves no real financial advice. No work life balance. Dont go there if you have a family. May be good for bachelors but that too with lot of pressure.

bad cultural

simply bad management ..The worst job I've ever had by far. The center is very nice, but that about it when it comes to the pros. This fake culture of positivism / and we're here for you - is so glaringly apparent. The second you slip up, you're punished with "guides and tools and steps" for your betterment. A.k.a do this or your out. A complete lack of empathy. My dad had passed away and i wasn't as enthusiastic during training - they put a note beside me to get out of class and go see the manager. I said i was going through a hard time - and i was answered everyone goes through hard times. They wanted me to create 3 steps on how to smile more and be more proactive in class!! How much lack of empathy can you have!!! So appalled. The management is toxic. Toxic. Several left during training, not bc of the job but because of the managers

fun place to work

fairly young staff and dynamic place to work. aggressive targets to meet every quarter. helpful managers and mentors are available. good pay and benefits.

I have worked for 3 companies but never exprinced anything like it.

We were put on phones to take calls second day of training.not knowing what we are doing we kept putting clients on hold too many time to get help from 3 floor support.their targets were vary hard to meet .managment team were just pushing people to meet targets instead of coaching them.after training from a class of 30 we were 4 ppl left

Excellent

I’ve worked at several different branches in different positions and enjoyed each experience. There is a lot of training offered. Benefits and medical are great I would definitely recommend the bank as a great employer.

it was aiii

It's all about management. Keep your head up and don't worry about the rude costumers. if you're willing to move up, td has to the tools for you to be successful. They should pay more though.

Decent place to work

Assists clients with their applications for financial products and services. Assists front line staff to educate them on financial products and services.

Great stepping stone

- Great collegues and partners. - Great branding. - Learned lots of basic financials useful for everyday life. - Time and people management - retail branches are open 7 days/flexible shifts.

Productive work place.

I loved working for TD, facing different situations and obstacles everyday is a great way to keep you entertained and your brain stimulated on the job, its like learning something new everyday.

what I learned

you can learn a lot from the job, such as all the knowledge related to Bank. investment, account(personal and business) and basic knowledge of mortgages. these are pretty good to prepare for future career in financial advisors.

Good starting point for anyone's career.

Great place to work where you have many opportunities for career development. Overall company restructuring has caused many issues and should of been addressed before implementing.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

no one understands whats happening

Encouraged Work Life Balance

You could grow in your career and still have a balanced family life. For a mom whose spouse was often overseas for work this was great. Great support from managers.

Pros

Flexible Work Hours

Cons

Sunday Banking.

great place

great place to work just work hard and stay in role 1 year max. I dnno what else to say but believe and don't listen or take part in anything that isn't about the business. focus remain focused

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement