TD Bank Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

Found 201 reviews matching the search See all 6,035 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
Diverse and forward thinking company
Customer Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2019
TD is an excellent employer, who provides an environment where opportunities to learn and grow are readily available to those who are motivated and have a solid work ethic.
Pros
work/life balance
Easy job, no management.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby21 April 2019
The work was not difficult but the management was not there. Aggressive sales targets were put before the needs of the clients. Would not recommend working there if you have a conscience.
Really does depend on who you work with
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 April 2019
I work for various branches and I have to say your manager do make a difference in your work environment. Overall, you have to enjoy dealing with customers
Great learning experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2019
An amazing team to work with, everyone helps you learn and develop skills you did not have before. I would highly recommend this place for everyone to try.
Typical day at work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2019
Arriving early to branch and helping clients with financial questions or needs. Trying to fulfill sales goals. Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with client of different cultures
Cons
Long hours and working Saturdays
Dry Environment with a lot of stress
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2019
work environment was very bad and a lot of pressure to sell products. management was very weak and I saw most people get promoted through connections.
Good pay but too stressful
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2019
Stressful work environment, sales goals are unrealistic and employees are not treated well if they do not perform under a high-stress environment and make quotas. New staff are left alone to figure things out for themselves in front of customers. On the bright side, the pay and benefits are good but asking for schedule flexibility or a day off is a nightmare.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, good vacation hours
Cons
work weekends, stressful environment, high sales goals, lack of training, poor management, poor work-life balance, understaffed
Great job if you aspire to work in the financial industry
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 January 2019
Helped customers with typical day-to-day banking transactions, such as paying bills, as well as opening bank accounts, loans, mortgage and credit applications, investments and other banking products.
Great management
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 December 2018
Management is there to support and help with career development, td has a great culture which can be adapted to. Enjoyable part is being able to help clients on a daily basis with financial struggles.
amazing experience
Financial Service Representative (Inbound) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2018
• Provided timely and accurate guidance and legendary service to 60-80 cardholders on a daily basis.
• Established a positive working atmosphere by collaboratively working with the team to help gain
revenue, increased customer satisfaction, remained 100% compliant to banking regulations, brought home team cash and recognition for the team on site.
• Consistently being one of the top performers in all 3 contact centers combined (Markham, Montreal, London).
• Year-end efficiency is 101%, sales revenue is 350%, units are 285%, 100% compliant for all call pulls, winner for the “On the Rise LEI (Legendary Experience Index) for last 2 quarters.
• Increased quality of sales by up-selling/cross-selling.
• Achieved the title of “highest retention rate associate” with a rate of 67%.
• Exceeded departmental sales targets through recommendation of appropriate products and services.
• Contributed to effective cost and risk control through productivity and adherence to corporate processes and controls.
Managers Fail Employees
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
I used to love working for TD. I've been there for over 2 years as I recently became an FSR and moved locations. Managers are horrible and are not supportive at all. There's no one training you and they blame you for things they should have taught. Before I couldn't wait to go to work but now I don't enjoy working here anymore and I know I'm a huge asset. On top of that, I think it's really stupid that we have to work from 8AM-8PM. How do you expect your employees to enjoy work and work hard if you make us work like slaves.

If you want your employees to perform well, first fix your management. There are managers who shouldn't even be managers at all.
Pros
great culture, lots of business
Cons
long hours, horrible management, lack of support
Canadian customers through more than 1,100 branches
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 November 2018
TD Canada Trust offers a range of financial services and products to more than 10 million Canadian customers through more than 1,100 branches and 2,600 "Green Machine" ATMs.

The current TD Canada Trust division was formed after TD's acquisition of Canada Trust in 2000.
Pros
flexible
horrible
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2018
horrible conditions no raise not enought salary to buy an extra shirt to look like a bank worker and not a taxi cabman harassment and rude management dominiation
Good place to start while studying
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2018
Good place to learn the basics of banking, once in its hard to get out of retail banking.

Poor management with unrealistic sales target.
Under paid.
Worst Company to work for!!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 October 2018
Terrible pay, All they care about is revenue! That's it! Im so happy I left this garbage bank! The hours are horrible, the management are horrible! They will literally suck every ounce of blood and sweat out of you for the WORST pay!
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
Worst place to work for
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2018
The pay is extremely low, managers baby sit you as micro managing is huge with TD. All they care about is numbers and treat you like you mean nothing because you're replaceable. Job security doesn't exist with them and if your numbers are low prepare for management to be on your tail 24/7.
its a great place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 October 2018
I started at TD as soon as I graduated from university. It is a great place. Nice coworkers, helpful managers. I resigned because of family emergency, and I will go back if I can.
Retail Banking at it's best for customers and employees.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Nice diversified and inclusive work culture. Continuous learning was one of the key factors that made me improve my skills. I feel fortunate to have an amazing journey at TD Canada Trust.
Welcoming and safe workplace
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 September 2018
TD was a great place to work at. The corporate culture and values were well in line with the current economic and societal environment. One downfall was the pay was lackluster in comparison to the rest of the "big 5" banks in Canada. On the other hand, the hours were really good as they are open the longest out of any of the financial institutions.
Pros
Long and flexible work hours
Cons
Low pay
Excellent!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
The environment and team are excellent and many opportunities to advance. Sales targets are a bit aggressive, but you would expect that being one of Canada's largest banks
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2018
A very positive and great environment to work. Lately has had developing pressure for meeting targets but it is honestly quite exciting to work there. Every day is a new challenge and an exciting day to be looking forward to. Growth opportunities are a lot and they promote education as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K