TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Analyst

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,793 reviews

A good place to grow your career where there is inclusion and fairness is well practice and opportunity for personal development. A multicultural workplace.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Single reporting line

An organization like no other

I have worked in the TD Bank Group for almost 3 years. Of the 3 years. 1.5 years in contractor capacity and the remaining half as permanent full time. The department I worked for Chief Accountant department. The entire department as a whole has lots of mature professionals who are willing to help each other and help people in need. My Manager in particular is a gem of all and I'm very much indebted and blessed to work directly under him. I feel everyone should have an opportunity to work under people like him at least once in their lifetime because you come across gems like these very rarely. There is ample to learn at every step with proper guidance and care. Not just my Manager, the team under him were same as him. I also had an opportunity to work with other departments closely and each of them whom I worked has added value in my learning. This is one of the best experiences that I'll remember for a long time to come.

Pros

Learning, guidance, fun, active, constructive feedbacks

Cons

The new Management in Moncton is unbiased.

Good place to grow from career perspective

Good place to work and learn new things on the job. Working in the bank industry you learn to adapt and learn quickly as its competitive but rewarding. Your surround by smart people and learn that having good work ethic is the way to go.

Productive place to work, no micro management

productive work environment, no Micro management. Their is opportunity to grow, but not always within your own department, it is not uncommon to have to switch departments or rolls/ job type to advance

Competitive Environment

Many areas to chose from within the bank Progressive professional development program to ensure all employees are learning and improving in the areas they wish to move into.

Good people

Helpfull people great c.s Learned to offer world class service Great people Great company Work environment great Management friendly Loved the employees Family oriented

A great company for working for.

It is a amazing place for working. Everyone is very supportive there. At TD everyone is a winner; employees, customers and share holders as well. All best to TD.

TD bank is a great place to work

The management at TD bank is very helpful and they encourage the team members to grow in their career by providing various learning opportunities. TD Management is very friendly with the team members.

Productive and Fun workplace

You work hard and play hard here. If you network with people, there will always be opportunities out there for you. Your hard work is also recognized.

great company

TD has a great working culture. People are nice and easy talking. The finance team is being restructured to meet the company's goal. Feel sad about this.

Jobs at TD

Financial Analyst positions
See more jobs

Good overall

Good place to work overall. TD needs to be more competitive with its salary. Otherwise the people and management that work here are great. It's a good place to start your career.

Pros

work life balance and corporate culture

Cons

Low pay in comparison to other banks

Great Career Opportunity

TD was my first grown up job, i worked here for 10 years. I learned most of my skills and gain most of my job experience here. If you are looking for a corporate life style, this is the place for you.

Great place to work. Would be great if they give market rate to their employees. The culture of this place is amazing and I would love to work here for another 10 years.

Great enviroment

They really help you balance your personal life with work. They let you work from home when you need to. There is a great friendly environment at work, and they really invest in their employee's future.

Great people, lots of opportunities

Flexible schedule, great culture and atmosphere, lots of opportunities to learn and advance within. Talent pool is refreshed every couple of years through restructuring.

Dynamic and engaging workplace that is an industry leader for both employees and clients alike

World class organization that is a leader in the financial services industry in Canada that promotes growth and leadership opportunities for employees in various groups including but not limited to: visible minorities, disabled persons, women, etc. Employees are valued and compensated fairly. Industry relevant training provided and the organization also fosters a culture of continuous learning and personal development by funding such programs as tuition reimbursement for part time studies etc. I felt a very strong sense of pride working for TD for over 15+ years.

Pros

Great employee benefits - both at the personal level and at the retail banking level

Decent Place to work

The position is responsible to support the development of large corporate / commercial transactions and relationships. Through providing financial analysis and client coverage support related to complex commercial banking transactions and relationships across industry and product sectors.

Productive and fun workplace with nice working atmosphere

* Nice management * Worked with good co-workers * Enjoyable working place

TD can be a great company to work for, as long as you're in the right job for yourself and you work with good people...

I would first like to say that I never write reviews, so what I'm about to share is extremely honest and sincere.I worked various positions within TD and, like most people, started out on the phones to move my way up. I have to say, each role possessed many challenges which made the end goal worth fulfilling. For the most part, as long as you had a vision of where you wanted to be as a next step, it really didn't matter what job you had. You just had to try and keep yourself motivated, push yourself to do well, and focus on your end goal.With that said, I would first like to comment on the call centre environment. Although most co-workers were pretty friendly, just one negative encounter was enough to make an already difficult job that much more difficult to handle. By no means was being on the phones (in an outbound environment) an easy task, nor do I recommend it for people who wouldn't be able to take being yelled/sweared at constantly for 7.5 hour shifts on a 37.5 weekly work schedule. Working in outbound at the call centre was extremely fast-paced and often very stressful. When I was there, there were a handful of people who either quit, got fired (for not reaching their goals), or took prolonged leaves of absence due to the stress of being on the phones. I happened to be one of the people who took a leave for several months. However, I was also one of the lucky ones who managed to stick it out for a year and continuously perform.Working as a Financial Analyst was motivating at first because it was rewarding to be at a higher level and be put into a salaried position -

Pros

decent salary, good benefits, challenging

Cons

long hours, missed breaks, big workload, no overtime pay, poor management, unrealistic expectations, very steep learning curve, not motivating enough

Solid Company, Secure

I complete the month end consolidation process and schedules for Goodwill and Subordinated debt. TD Bank is a large bank and the volume of work keeps the team members busy for the start of each month, quarter, and year end.

Pros

good people, overtime

Cons

entrenched management, rigid, repetitive

2.7K