TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Fa

Joined the management trainee program out of university - Beat revenue targets for 8 consecutive quarters, Ranked 4th in the district. i was my first job after graduation

friendly working environment

managers are very supportive. Good working environment. Massive online training and manager on-site coaching. Telephone coaching once a week, however the telephone mentors treated advisors like robots. They never liked our ideas and never told us why. They requested all advisors to service customers and sell products in their ways. Nice company in general.

Great company to work with

the company provides awesome training. The management team is very supportive. the working environment is very energetic lots of business network....

Pros

great company culture. great management support

Cons

high work stress

No support

This bank is not customer oriented at all. Numbers and sales are the priority Management is non existent and work life balance is non existent too. Worked at TD for over 4 years and never felt so lost at a job

Pros

Awesome clients

Cons

No management. Overworked and no recognitions

Sales

Working in the retail branch is a sales role. Lots of pressure to sell. Salary levels are fairly low. Not a lot of training which makes the job difficult.

sales pressure to mislead clients

good for learning but should not spend more than 2 to 3 years in retail. management forces employees to partake in unethical and questionable practices to boost up sales numbers. if caught you can get fired but they can just get someone else

Great company. Lots of room to grow.

Great company with lots of room to grow. Great benefits. Lots of structure and good leadership. The work environment is friendly and opening. TD works to make sure their clients and employees are happy.

TD is a good place to work with many opportunities for career advancement. Not a great work-life balance but good job security. Highly recommend to anyone.

Not a fun place to work

You meet lots of new people. It is a fun place to learn from lots of different people with lots of meetings and phone coaching. What I learned most was that doing the wrong things with TD you get further in your career.

Pros

Free account

Cons

Harder you work means nothing

Jobs at TD

Financial Advisor positions
See more jobs

A nice place to work

TDCT was a great place to work for the time that I was there. Staff that I worked with were great in all of the branch that I was in. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with customers daily and getting to know them and there banking needs, this way I could make an informed recommendation to them on the services that they might be interested in.

Great Benefits

This company has a great benefit package and reward program if you are able to accomplish the goals that are set for you. The stress levels associated with many of the in branch positions are high.

Good work life balance but big focus sales and advancement based on sales

Sales roles are hard to progress through as only top advisors move through but top advisors are known to sometimes be unethical but it doesn't matter as they move through and leave the mess behind.

Pros

good work life balance

Cons

There is no focus on quality of work only sales targets

review good place

good place to get expereince and learn about banking sector. easy to move up for advancement if good salesperson would recommend as career. pay is good

Pros

good place to work

Cons

good place to work

good job, but not so good pay

should get paid more for the job we do. good place to start, but not a good place to stay long term. salary is lower than other institution

work atmosphere

excellent peers and co-workers, established high net worth clients, constructive and informative coaching and training.

Call center

Its either you like call centers or you don't. The work hours did not fit my lifestyle and there was no short term options about it.

Pros

Free food here and there

Cons

Tim off, schedule, a pain to switch with people or have time off

company has a great work environment with adequate resourses for your job

my typical day is to develop relationships with high value clients to find investment and mortgage opportuinities. As a senior advisor I was also given the last to help coach new advisor and bank tellers what was on the advisor development plan.

Pros

coahcing

Cons

salary

Professional

I have learned a lot about TD Canada Trust products and services such as chequing account, saving account, financial reports such as RESPs, RRSPs, mutual funds in the annual reports, correspondences, financial planning and account documents files. My role was to archive 3,000 clients' files by removing all the inactive clients' files to Iron Mountain Canada which improved organizational of the filing system. My day to day task was to sort, check and validate and file clients' financial documentations: investments, mutual funds, loans/repays, life and mortgage insurance, overall it resulted in an increased in the efficiency of the database system. The most enjoyable part of the job was to prepare progress review invitation cards, affixed labels on the envelopes and mailed program review cards to clients on special celebrations.

Pros

Gained professional experience

Cons

Short Hours

Financial Advisor

Great place to work. Plenty of room for advancement. Very well paid with great benefits. Work Life Balance. Transfers available to different branches.

Pros

Above average salary

Cons

Weekends

Not great for work life balance

Truthfully the big five banks are one of the toughest places to work with there over the top targets and very underpaid staff, its not a great environment I learned the art of using a phone at this job thats your best friend because managers don't help to much except for the branch where i started

Pros

good benefits

Cons

low pay and long hours

2.7K