TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Na

Nothing good to say about this company Im happy I decided to leave and make other life choices! Would I go back or recommend this place NO I would not

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Productive workplace

Went from working solely commission to salary plus bonus paid twice yearly. Branches that work proficiently will see a good bonus, others will hardly see anything at all

Spent close to 10 years working with TD and it has it's advantages and disadvantages. Your colleagues are like family and working retail you see them and your clients almost everyday!

Pros

Recognition for meeting and exceeding goals

Cons

Pay is not competitive

Fun work environment

Great place to work, opportunity for career progression. However, employee's who are struggling to produce will get put on a performance review program to increase sales. Past performance isn't taken into account, the clock resets on a quarterly basis and the rat race begins.

Pros

diverse employees, fun in branch celebrations

Cons

minimal employee value

Td bank

Banking as a whole is changing and the work environment I am currently working in which is the retail section of business provides little opportunity for growth and the people who do end up getting promoted are cutthroat individuals. All in all I do not enjoy my time here, as I feel like the bank takes more then helps

high stress

mostly sales driven- integrity a huge issue due to the high sales pressure, Bank only cares about SR and units- not so much about customers or financial needs

TD Life

Very demanding expected to work several jobs and very poor management at particular times. Employees moved around all the time to avoid having being strapped to get huge targets.

Great Company Culture

Great Culture, great people to be working with. Close workplace relationships, good employee benefit. However, stressful and demanding goals, average pay and toughest work hours among all Canadian Banks.

Pros

Close workplace relationships

Cons

Stressful Goals

Great place to Work

Great and stable culture, people are friendly and down to earth. However, branch managers are under intense pressure from middle management to deliver profit and depending on the branch manager you work under, you may face significant daily pressure to meet sales goals.

Pros

Secure, friendly people, great training

Cons

Intense sales-oriented culture

Jobs at TD

Financial Advisor positions
See more jobs

Excellent bank to work for

In general TD is an excellent FI to work for. They typically make a point to recognize advisors for their success and accomplishments. The give you all the tools necessary to succeed everyday.

Productive workplace

Very nice and multi culture work environment, productive workplace, professional management team. I learnt how to deal with different client, how to cooperate with other departments to solve the problem.

TD Review

Every day brings on a new challenge. Management is very supportive and transparent. Work place culture is inclusive. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people reach their financial goals.

What a Financial Adviser do

Branch retail sales advisor role gives me the opportunities to use my knowledge and products to help my clients to reach their financial goal. Complex lending, retirement planning, debt restructures and investments planning for personal and small business are what I am focusing on every day. These translate into attention to detail, discovery, gap analysis, and problem-solving with knowledge and products.

Productive.

Was enjoyable. Competitive landscape. Great colleagues and talent. Top level talent and management that continuously helps in pushing employees and helping them work towards their goals.

Bad management, less pay, sales pressure and unlimited stress

Worst place to work if job security is important to you. They don't care about their employees but always about numbers and ever increasing goals. Management will put pressure on you to sell stuff even when its illogical or unethical. Corrupt management leaves you with no job security

Pros

No job security with benefits

Cons

everything else

good benefits

THey tretstaff well nd always give treates and extras. very sales and results driven and sales goals and targets are not reasonable and force the employee to sacrifice the customers best interest.

Great Experience

You will learn alot about various products and services offered Sales targets are quite high and is not the best fit for people who dont like rejection

always about squeezing as much out of the customer

company and management will tell you its about "financial literacy" or about "the process" and not about the product but at the end of the day, you are judged by what product you coerce the customer into to secure your own job. CBC articles on product upsell and shady dealings is enough to prove that this company is as dirty as the CEO that took over 2years ago.

Sales Targets Extremely High

Worked for the company 5 years and was let go because my targets were raised so much by head office and unattainable. I worked hard and didn't get anything for it. I was offered pretty much the same position at a different branch for less money which I didn't feel was appropriate.

Pros

Good co-workers and in branch manager

Cons

Head office has extremely high expectations and doesn't know each branches

Great starting point, but questionable work culture

- Managers seem to push for sales goals above anything. -Good place to gain experience, but often pushed into roles for the benefit of the company not your career

2.7K