TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,794 reviews

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Upper management fiefdoms

Depending on your branch team and management, you could find yourself working within the fiefdom of some regional and district managers where intimidation and fear is masked as a way of motivation.

Great place to work but very high sales targets

The management and the help is always provided but the sales targets are very high, at least they were for me. Almost a million in mutual funds a week and 30 million in mortgages. It's a very competitive environment, but you should get a long great.

good company to work for

Good management for the most part good client hours open long hours and weekends customer service a priority good work and life balance. wages could be more competitive

Different Culture

It may only be my experience as it really depends on who your manager is. But based on my own experience, training and development is not the best when compared to other banks. Managers are trained to leave things to the employees for training and one of the ones I work with uses fear and intimidation (by threatening job security and career prospects) to get what she wants. It may work short-term, but after a while people get tired of it and leave. It is heavily micro-managed as well which we know by studying at the University level never works in any organization. Sales goals are also highly unrealistic which I believe is to prevent people from getting the bonuses they desire. It seems they set up the sales staff for failure. Recruiting is also weird as you are not guaranteed a permanent position unless the manager likes you. If you do not have a permanent position for me, why hire me in the first place?

Pros

Orientation is good

Cons

Micro-managing, intimidation, very elitist culture and marketing diversity as their mandate is a facade.

Pressure

Worst company with tons of pressure on employee does not help them advance just politics to support one another. Managers are not competent with their day to day transactions.

Productive workplace

Meeting with clients to discuss their financial goals and to then implement strategies to meet these goals using various financial products. An adequate workplace

Less salary and more stress

target are very bad. hard to achieve. bonus are low. favouritism works. bad management. lot of work. no appreciation.good place fro new grads to learn some office experience.

Inspiring and Challenging

I felt supported in any growth I wanted to achieve. You are offered different kinds of training and activities to support you in your role. Managers are approachable.

n/a

Worked at TD Bank for multiple years. I have enjoyed working with the company as well as the staff at the location. TD is a very well rounded bank with great workplace culture.

Jobs at TD

Financial Advisor positions
See more jobs

Friendly/Casual Work environment

TD promotes a friendly work environment with a strong focus on customer experience. Work Life balance may be a bit difficult due to the 7 days a week work.

Fa

• Offering sophisticated investment strategy and advise that supports clients goals, timeline, and level of risk • Deepened understanding of complex mortgages, agricultural lending, Small business lending, and day to day credit facilities • Working alongside of our Private Bankers, Financial Planners, Small Business Advisors, and Direct Investing specialist to better serve our clients • Building strong centres of influence within local community to aid in referral business • Generating and maintaining a pipeline to drive future leads for an organized flow of business • Handling estate and formal trust accounts regularly • Detailed knowledge of the benefits of registered products to offer a higher level of advice that meets their objective

Pros

Good Paying and Future Advancement

Cons

Jack of all trades high workload

Great company, with not so great MANAGEMENT

enough said with just the review summary, nothing else needs to be said, great organization but at the branch a lot of micromanagement occurs and you segĂşn to

Overall a good place to work

• Worked with clients on complex real estate secured lending deals, small business related services and financial planning to assess and meet short-and long-term financial goals. • Example of some products I would discuss/open/maintain in meetings are Mutual Funds, GICs, Mortgages, Home Equity Line of Credit, Personal Loans, Auto Loans,Unsecured Line of Credits, Credit Cards, Chequing and Savings accounts, etc.

It's fine

You will normally be very busy and see client after client. Training is somewhat decent and the systems are very highly advanced. All in all a good place to work as long as you can stay away from the normal office politics.. oh and they make you wear Green every Friday which is really odd.. but I look horrible in Green.. so I really hated Fridays.

Pros

you get paid

Cons

days can be very long

TD - overall

Great company to work for. The best part of TD was the support you would receive from managers and colleagues. Everyone was willing to take the time to help you.

Need for change

I think overall Td is great to work for but their part-time employment does need improvement. It lacks the idea of flexibility and really over works its reps without paying them what they deserve. I really enjoy the emotional health factor Td implements but i wish they would implement it more within their management as they are the team leaders.

Very Horrible, if you want life,, dont work here

The upper management is horrible, the management continues to pressure all the employees to perform unethically. Clients were the victim, branch managers and the staff treated very badly by senior management to always see the bottom. You can work in any food store and have a lofe..but here no life..they cut the front line and expect the financial advisor to become a teller. Every day its a 10 hour day. Guys i have no gains in telling you a lie, but please you will regret if you take any job in this bank. No life here

Pros

Cons

Everything bad

recommend to apply, experience depends on managements and locations

Fun place to work. Everyone brings their passion to work as a team. Flexibility to work at home. Support continue learning. Company focus on brand building and client services.

Pros

work environment, good training

Cons

management team only cares about goals, low pay

A very fast paced environment

Staff and management environment is very friendly and encouraging, however the goals set for you and the branch are very high, and only continue to go up quarterly. The sales pressure is very high, you do not feel the work life balance, as you are often expected to stay behind to do "extra" work. Sales expectations do not always reflect what the client needs, rather the more that you can tag onto the client the better.

Pros

large teams, team building activities

Cons

sales pressure, sales ethics

Advancement

TD provides great opportunity to quickly advance employees that display strong wok ethic and a capability to outperform expectations. You can move to many departments and opportunities are provided to job shadow roles that may interest you.

2.7K