TD logo
TD
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Found 142 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Stressful goals

Depends on where you work and how the manager is. Some managers work with you, some are just micromanagers who have no clue on how to develop staff and people.

good

good; well diversed; competitive; sales; day to day activities; manager shadowing; daily targets; goal setting; training; career mapping; cold calling

Depends on who is your manager and DVP

TD is amazing bank always developing and upgrading. If you find a good mentor and good manager you will do great. Never had to work overtime, always appreciated for great work, and only left because of one bad manager. Best bank to make your career, they would really care for you...not just say it but do amazing things.

Not a very healthy work environment

To move up you have to be friends with manager if not then it’s hard to move. Overtime’s are not paid and there is very less work life balance. You take work stress home always

worst manager, worst working culture, high target, stupid bank

One of the worst Banking to work in Canada, I happened to work with one of the worst managers that micromanaging staff. Working seven days in a week, crazy set of people.

excellent training and employee appreciation

Loved working for TD Bank. Staff was great, good management, great career choices. community involvement, charitable organizations to volunteer with. good benefits

Great Team

Get to work with great co-workers Constantly changing structures to stay competitive in the industry Pay is slightly lower than the average among other banks

Best part of my job was being able to help my customers. Making them feel at home once they walk through the door. Mentoring my co-workers .

I enjoyed my job because it gives me great satisfaction in interacting with my clients. I love seeing the results after they were able to qualify to purchase their first home.

Not worth it

This branch is open 7 days a week so your schedules are soo up and down. No consistency, therefore you have no life outside of work and also good luck trying to fit a part time job around this schedule. I was hired as a Senior FA and half of my day is spent upfront on the teller line. Even though our branch is fully staffed but they want the line to go down quickly. We only get 30 min lunches and no ones takes any 15 min breaks because there is always a line and customers come first. If you get asked to help a client while on your lunch you don't get to take your lunch later you just miss it completely.

Jobs at TD

Financial Advisor positions
See more jobs

Great work environment

My career with TD was great, I feel I was treated with respect given recognition where deserved and promotions when deserved. That’s why I never jumped ship and stays with the ship. I felt I was always treated fair. Great institution to work for.

Great work environment, harder to move up

- Very great place to initially start your career - Progressing higher into different job opportunities requires a lot of politics and leverage - Job levels hurt individual skills as there are prejudice against lower levels

used to be a great place to work before the changes

used to be an amazing work place with a great culture. In the last two years things have changed quit drastically to the worst. Including the managers feel pressured and you feel micro managed.

Pros

Great Co workers although they compete with you

Cons

Micro managed in a big way

Starter Job

The pay is very low, but it gives a decent work/life balance even though you may have to work weekends. Job progression is possible but the pay scale is not great.

TD run if you can!

Training is minimal, during the first weeks you are required to complete online exercises, then right after that, you are pretty much on your own. You must arrange for job shadowing as much as you can by yourself, there will always be colleagues who don't enjoy being shadowed and will find excuses to turn you down. If you get lucky and end up in a branch where the manager finds you competent and charismatic, you'll be fine, if not, you'll be doomed. Competition if fierce, colleagues steal each others customers on each others' back...a lot of sneaking around. Managers are useless, smiles on the facade, always with the same question...how can i support you? Expect no support! And if by month 8 you are not performing to their expectations...they'll do anything possible to get you out.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

No job security

Regular workplace

A lot of focus on sales - Overall, Good place to work, able to develop and work on current skills. Work/ Life balance is somewhat there. Benefits are good.

Productive and Fun environment with table tennis

A typical day at work is dynamic as the day is never the same. No two customers are the same and that can make for a challenging day or a very pleasant one. The job, however, can get monotonous and there is always constant pressure from management to hit targets which they class as giving "advice" even though it is sales. Management doesn't micromanage you. Most of the time you don't even see your manager, but when its time for review they do not refrain from their opinions regarding your performance.

Productive but can be stressful at times

TD Canada Trust is a great company to find opportunities and grow. I love the people that I work with and the clients that I meet. It can be hectic sometimes but it is definitely worth it.

Customer oriented workplace, high pressure and very goal oriented

On a typical day, we would be meeting with 5-6 clients to assist in a wide range of financial needs. Including Real estate secured lending (mortgages, secured lines of credit, etc), investments as well as small business needs. Constant keeping up with your files requires high efficiency and exceptional time management. Following up with clients on their files and investments is a daily occurrence, as well as reaching out actively to pursue more opportunity to gain business.

Pros

Freedom of your own space and time management

Cons

High pressure, very high goals to keep up with

Productive work environment

Learnt and developed leadership skills Helped in advancement of career support with further education Have sales targets to achieve. Job security depends on your manager.

good place to work

I really enjoy my job, I love working with people. A typical day of work for me is meeting with clients to help with their financial needs. The hardest part is work/life balance as there is not a consistent schedule. Every day I work different times.

Pros

room to advance

Cons

work evenings and weekends

2.7K