TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor in Toronto, ON

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Very competitive very professional but amazing benefits

It’s not easy to survive there. It’s a place for the best of the bests. Sometimes it’s stressful but if you can survive it’s rewarding for sure. Fast career growth for people who are doing well. Lot’s of appreciation and opportunities for the hard workers. But not everyone’s cup of tea.Amazing benefits. Specially health support is the best in the entire industry. Best HR support in the industry as well.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus, career growth

Cons

Stressful, competitive, micromanaged

Management won't care about you unless you perform

Beware, tread lightly, customers are always right culture here at this bank. If you have personal problems, you'll need to fix them on your own since management won't care about you, even if its caused by something at work, and in turn, affecting your performance.

Overall it’s a fantastic place to work

I really do enjoy what i do tbh and there are enough resources available to help advance your career. A whole army of support is ready to offer assistance every step of the way

Bad management, they dont listen to you if you make mistakes, stressful environment push employees for sales. Not recommended for work for long time.

excellent company to work for with good beenfits

Excellent company to work for with good benefits, flexible hours, employee incentives, training provided, safe work environment, lots of opportunities for growth

No fun activity expect occational l dinner from employer

Expect ones in a while lunch or dinner with fellow staffs. Other than there is no perks. There is hardly any time with fellow co-workers to socialize and work-life balance is not ideal.

Best part of my job was being able to help my customers. Making them feel at home once they walk through the door. Mentoring my co-workers .

I enjoyed my job because it gives me great satisfaction in interacting with my clients. I love seeing the results after they were able to qualify to purchase their first home.

Starter Job

The pay is very low, but it gives a decent work/life balance even though you may have to work weekends. Job progression is possible but the pay scale is not great.

Regular workplace

A lot of focus on sales - Overall, Good place to work, able to develop and work on current skills. Work/ Life balance is somewhat there. Benefits are good.

Jobs at TD

Financial Advisor positions, in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Pressure

Worst company with tons of pressure on employee does not help them advance just politics to support one another. Managers are not competent with their day to day transactions.

n/a

Worked at TD Bank for multiple years. I have enjoyed working with the company as well as the staff at the location. TD is a very well rounded bank with great workplace culture.

TD - overall

Great company to work for. The best part of TD was the support you would receive from managers and colleagues. Everyone was willing to take the time to help you.

Advancement

TD provides great opportunity to quickly advance employees that display strong wok ethic and a capability to outperform expectations. You can move to many departments and opportunities are provided to job shadow roles that may interest you.

Na

Nothing good to say about this company Im happy I decided to leave and make other life choices! Would I go back or recommend this place NO I would not

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

high stress

mostly sales driven- integrity a huge issue due to the high sales pressure, Bank only cares about SR and units- not so much about customers or financial needs

Great Company Culture

Great Culture, great people to be working with. Close workplace relationships, good employee benefit. However, stressful and demanding goals, average pay and toughest work hours among all Canadian Banks.

Pros

Close workplace relationships

Cons

Stressful Goals

Great place to Work

Great and stable culture, people are friendly and down to earth. However, branch managers are under intense pressure from middle management to deliver profit and depending on the branch manager you work under, you may face significant daily pressure to meet sales goals.

Pros

Secure, friendly people, great training

Cons

Intense sales-oriented culture

Productive workplace

Very nice and multi culture work environment, productive workplace, professional management team. I learnt how to deal with different client, how to cooperate with other departments to solve the problem.

Productive.

Was enjoyable. Competitive landscape. Great colleagues and talent. Top level talent and management that continuously helps in pushing employees and helping them work towards their goals.

Great starting point, but questionable work culture

- Managers seem to push for sales goals above anything. -Good place to gain experience, but often pushed into roles for the benefit of the company not your career

2.7K