TD

Canada155 reviews

Found 155 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,209 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Branch Life

High stress and not enough compensation. Management pre-picks their favourites for promotion. Competition between staff members and a lot of toxic behaviour.

Get ready to work!

It's time to get ready to work - things will be thrown your way at random times. The volume is heavily dependent on the time of year and season. Get ready to work!

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Stressful at times

Insights into TD

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Underpaid for what you're doing

Very competitive, number oriented, and fast paced place. You can tell that you're just another number of the company - other banks at least try to hide it.Coworkers are amazing enough that you would like to stay just for them. You can't leave.. because once you do, they'll have to carry your hurden.

nice colleagues

pay below average and management think the work load is reasonable when you are doing two peoples job. So many coaching sessions when that are unnecessary.

Nice company to work for

Loved the people mostly but the sales targets are hard to reach and a bit of work politics. Possibility of growth and changing to other roles. Very dynamic environnement

Good

Good place to work for. They are supportiveand lots of opportunities for growth. You must be determined to work hard and focused on where you see yourself

Supportive management and good culture

I love my managers and the culture. Lots of opportunity for growth. Very fast paced job. Can be quite stressful at times and huge learning curve. High turnover

Pros

Cons

Bad hours Stressful

Great company for Career advancement.

Td has been great to work for, they are always encouraging career planning and advancing through roles, training and educating their employees, and helping them achieve whatever they want out of their banking careers. With that comes a lot of management turnover which can be frustrating. There’s always changing of roles and responsibilities which can also be frustrating for people who aren’t looking for advancement or change.

Pros

Rewarding for hard working and motivated people, room for advancement and earning potential

Cons

Goals and metrics can be daunting when times are slow

TD is a good place to work because of the management and culture. Very supportive and inclusive culture and really amazing management. The best I’ve had. Benefits are good and pay is okay. Pay should be higher with cost of living. Lots of opportunity for growth in this company. If you want to be a FA you better love sales. Very fast paced and demanding.

Pros

Management and benefits

Cons

Stressful

great place for clients, worst for employees

work-life balance doesn't exist in retail banking at TD. Your schedule is flexible, by flexible I mean every day is different, you have to check your schedule literally every day before work. Lowest pay among banks. The benefits are good. Small branches suffer the most, no support from the management, and there are not enough employees in retail banking, management will squeeze employees to stay open

benefits

Cons

long hours, short-staffed, low pay, no support from the management

challenging

it can be challenging at times, you need to be friends with management. Coaching is not very well organized, as they do not coach you on procedures, they try to teach how to talk to people.

There is no loyalty from the overlords. Your direct superior is usually good but decisions about your life are not made by them.

Hated working for TD. They treat people like numbers. The expectations of how you interact with your clients reminds me of when I managed restaurants and we had to train new 16yr old hostesses. All they care about is numbers and they always find ways to pay their people less. Do not work here.

Pros

some small perks in day to day banking

Cons

a long list

It is a good company

I love the people I work with, I love the company culture. Management has always been nice. Pay is ok. Pressure for selling is high, but makes you a good sales person

Stressful, Micro managing, the worst management

working in the retail banking industry is stressful in general, it varies greatly based on the branch management. Avoid by all means working at the Emerald plaza in Ottawa, they got the worst management, their culture is based purely on hitting scorecard numbers, while their advertisement of "comprehensive advice" is BS. adding to it their nonsense behavior matrix to satisfy higher management and to protect them from the media. their micro management style stresses everyone out and ends up creating bad culture and reverses results.

Pros

future work potential

Cons

stressful and bad culture

Can be a toxic workplace at times

A lot of smoke and mirrors. Constant pressure to sell, sell, sell. Absolutely every moment of your day is monitored - right down to the keystroke. Training is done online, and never up to date. Policy resources are sketchy but you will be held accountable to perform numerous complex services flawlessly to belligerent customers without support!

Pros

Co- workers can be supportive

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Very competitive very professional but amazing benefits

It’s not easy to survive there. It’s a place for the best of the bests. Sometimes it’s stressful but if you can survive it’s rewarding for sure. Fast career growth for people who are doing well. Lot’s of appreciation and opportunities for the hard workers. But not everyone’s cup of tea.Amazing benefits. Specially health support is the best in the entire industry. Best HR support in the industry as well.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus, career growth

Cons

Stressful, competitive, micromanaged

High stress, no support from management

High stress, no support from management . High pressure goals. Enjoyed the work but felt like customer needs were not at the top of td priority, as making money was

No comment

Overall it’s a good place to work except few management people who give bad name to the bank. I loved working at the bank it’s a safe and secured environment

Corporate

great place with a ton of opportunities, theres many jobs and ladders available to climb your way to success. I enjoy the different locations of the banks.

Amazing Company with great growth and client centered focus

great company, good salary, best benefits, and good pension and share holder ship, i would recommend to anyone working in the field to give TD a chance to blow you away, amazing software and programs easiest bank to step into.

Pros

atmosphere

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement