TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Developer

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,794 reviews

Routine tasks not requiring critical thinking

This was production-type job not requiring critical thinking, just "following orders" more like in a car assembly line complementing robots. This simply wasn't for me. People at work, including the Management, were nice though.

Pros

Okay corporate environment for professionals with up to 5 years' experience

Cons

Environment not conducive to creativity

Less Work life balance.

No work life balance. Very political work environment. Less Compensation package compared to other companies for the same level of experience. Overall average experience working there.

It's a job

It's a big bank, typical day at work is expected to be very busy. It is a very political work place, expect to spend time to put up a good show to meet the demand from the management. Staff in IT are subjected to a mandatory 40 hours of training each year on a vast selection of in house training courses and very few are turn out to be of much of a use to day to day work. Had a new VP came from Royal Bank last year and a lot of hard working people were not even given the basic cost of living adjustment due to his "new policy" handed down to the managers. It looks like not giving a salary increase is the norm. We have endless repeating system problems to look after on a day to day basis, it's best if you need training on trouble shooting system problems. Lots of seniors have been working there for many years and they certainly have not a chance to learn anything outside of the bank, you have lots of chances to see them doing things other companies would advise against. On call pay is a joke and it's absolutely no worth the effort. A typical day at work is good if you can work like a robot.

Pros

You have a job in a big bank

Cons

Very political, not really a pay for talented people place.

Great place depending on your managers/projects

TD can be a great place to work depending on your managers/projects. I liked to work with my manager & coworkers and the work environment is changing very fast.

Pros

Many opportunities, flexibility, good coworkers

Cons

barriers among related teams, unorganized management

Good company, good people.

Good company, good people.. Agile model. Very good support from immediate bosses. Good environment for automation. Competitive compensation must be negotiated before entering.

"OK" place to work

In the TD call Centre environment the culture and atmosphere is very different depending on where you work. While I was on the phones and in the call centres it was GREAT. In my case and the people I worked with, after I switched to IT, the environment was caustic. All day long you heard how much people hated their jobs. So, I addressed it with management and the solution was that I "work from home". made me feel great but did not resolve the root of the issue. The managers did not care about the employees that reported to them nor respond to feedback that was requested..

Pros

great benefits

Cons

poor management

Productive and fun workplace

Best bank to work well work-life balance culture best management practice follows industries best practices delivers the best solution to customers

Pros

Free bbq lunches, potlucks and annual parties

A good company to work in

A good company to work with. Good management team. Good work life balance. Also, the location is quite convenient. Nice company.

Good working environment, nice people.

The downtown TD location is convenient. Work-life balance is properly maintained. Supportive management and good team members.

Good

To work with TD is really good. People tend to stay long is because TD invest in Technology and People. Ample room to learn. management is good . Co-workers in my team is also good

Pros

Flex Work place

Cons

More isolated

Jobs at TD

Developer positions
See more jobs

One of the best palce to work

Perfect relationships among team members, feel valued, respected and supported. encourages employees to become owners of the bank through a share purchase plan

Pros

flexaible working hours

Good place to work great co-workers learnt a lot of new skills learnt about the banking industry of canada great employee benefits and work environment

Had a very good experience with TD Bank

Was nice working with TD Bank, the opportunities they provided when I needed the most. I appreciate all of those. Wish you good luck

- Got a good chance to work directly with TD Bank employees and the hard work and dedication they exhibit is all because of how TD bank takes care of its employees. Would love to join this company directly and work with them in near future.

Slow pace with support on balanced lifestyle

Working environment is relaxed and in general friendly. Workload is resonable. Typical enterprise culture.

2.7K