TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative in Moncton, NB

3.7Pay & benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

don't even think about it unless your in perfect mental health

TD is very fast-paced, stressful, and daunting (especially the call center). I would only recommend the job to very few select people who can handle stress well. Honestly, this is not the job for people with depression and anxiety. You do have to have a special shell to handle this job. I wrote out a pros and cons list for this job and there were tons of pros and only one con. That con was that my mental health was getting worse everyday I was there. No matter how good the salary or the benefits are, no matter how much room for growth and job security there is, no matter any of those pros. The simple con of hating my job, myself, and my life is enough to out-weigh all the pros in the world. My feelings are mixed about TD. There are so many good things about working there, but I can't handle the abuse from customers, the incredibly fast pace everything runs at, and the push on employees to "advise" which is really their way of saying "sell". Sure, they try to focus it on giving the best advice for the customer, but it is a sales job. Don't be fooled. It's a dis-service to potential future employees to not be completely transparent with you: ITS SALES. You have goals and metrics you are measured upon and pressure is placed on you to meet those goals. On every single call they encourage you to "advise" the customer on a product. The point is not to manipulate people, they honestly do tell us just to provide advise that will truly benefit the customer, but its pressure. I just want someone to call in with their request, I help them, ask if they need anything else, and then say our -

Typical call centre

Starts well overall like in most call centres, as time pass by the rope around your neck tightens more and more with harassment from management to reach contradictory and often impossible to reach performance metrics. If you are doing excellent in most of your metrics that wont mean anything, if you happen to be a couple of points below their expectations in one aspect, you will be harassed and talk down for that. Turnover per training class is huge. There is reason for that.

Management has no empathy

The worst job I've ever had by far. The center is very nice, but that about it when it comes to the pros. This fake culture of positivism / and we're here for you - is so glaringly apparent. The second you slip up, you're punished with "guides and tools and steps" for your betterment. A.k.a do this or your out. A complete lack of empathy. My dad had passed away and i wasn't as enthusiastic during training - they put a note beside me to get out of class and go see the manager. I said i was going through a hard time - and i was answered everyone goes through hard times. They wanted me to create 3 steps on how to smile more and be more proactive in class!! How much lack of empathy can you have!!! So appalled. The management is toxic. Toxic. Several left during training, not bc of the job but because of the managers. Please don't be fooled by the company - don't apply!! you'll thank me later. I also made a complaint about this whole situation. it was buried. Work somewhere else folks

2.7K