TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative in Markham, ON

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Great place to work because of the people not the pay

I work with the Customer Assistance Department (Collections) for TD bank and mostly TD is a great bank to work for. The people you meet and work with are great and you can lean on them for support. The companies culture and inclusion is one of the best around. The negative areas when working for TD is the pay and advancement. TD does not pay well, they pay based on seniority not on performance which is completely back wards. You could be the highest performing representative and still be the lowest paid. They are not generous when it comes to pay increase and the bonuses seem to be reducing per period. Management will always talk about promoting advancement and to some degree they do promote but it depends on if your manager cares enough to put in the time, which in my case is never, and from what other colleagues tell me its a lot of managers. Great place for a year of experience but other than that get out to a higher paid company.

Pros

People

Cons

Low pay, poor advancement opportunities

i loved working at td

everyone you work with is like family, the mangers are there when you want to talk. the clients are amazing. you learn something new everyday, that you will use throughout your life.

great place and great staff

everyone got along with each other. Customer are pleasant. Busy work area with some stressful times. Pay incentive can increase to motivate employees.

Excellent Work Enviornment

Workers are all friendly, willing to help one another and management goes above and beyond to help encourage and keep employees motivated. Opportunities to advance depend heavily on your sales and customer service ability.

its a driven place which pushes its employees for future promotions

Working at TD was a great experience, it was one of the most competitive and go getting environments i ever dealt with, something that definitely prepared me for the rigours ahead of me.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Mentally stressful

Okay workplace - horrible management

Very busy workplace - call after call..literally non stop but mostly not a good place to work because of the management - I am a student and they would not accommodate my school schedule after promising me they would

Pros

good pay

Cons

bad management, extremely busy workplace

Good Entry Level work

Good entry level work, with good benefits. Friendly and warm environment, but the sales aspect of the job can be somewhat tedious. When higher management is pushing for sales units, but there are literally no customers in branch, the job can become a bit stressful. It can be hard to sell 20 units, when all you've seen walk through the doors in the past 2 hours was 6 customers, half of which have everything you're trying to sell. The staff are great, as are the management. But the higher echelons of management only see numbers and figures, and they'll push you for sales without seeing the situation at hand.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Disconnected Management

Stressful job

its a stressful job because you're dealing with people's money at the end of the day and you're talking to them over the phone. You have to use your judgement based on the profile if you are enfact talking to the customer that called in fro the profile or someone else

Professional Work Enviroment

Great company to work for, you need to take initiative to learn from your peers and supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients, the hardest part was all the information that had to be learned from the beginning. Co-workers are happy to help. Company overall is great.

Pros

Having great conversations with clients

Cons

Part-time hours fluctuate

fun

great place to learn and develop your career, great environment and fantastic culture great management all around td young professionals love the atmosphere

Jobs at TD

Customer Service Representative positions, in Markham, ON
See more jobs

Nice working environment, friendly and knowledgeable coworkers.

Respond to inbound customer calls to provide and process information in response to inquiries and requests, resolve technical hardware and software issues. Learned and improved problem solving skills and ways to resolve different problems.

Great team!

There is lots of room for growth as long as you work hard towards it. There are a lot of great people you meet, and wonderful co-workers!

Pros

free food

Cons

short breaks

Constantly productive

Working in the phone channel as a specialist means you will be constantly on the phone assisting customers. It can be rewarding if you are dedicated and goal oriented, but you will always need to maintain a sense of professionalism by always providing excellent customer service and keeping to a financial institution's policy and procedures.

Professional and friendly work environment

A flexible workplace with excellent management and support. Excellent resources provided for continuous learning of the current financial state with great opportunities to grow. With rotational shifts, it is difficult to manage a balanced personal lifestyle. very diverse and a fun place to work.

Pros

people, work projects, targets.

Cons

Rotational shifts

Great place for advancement opportunities

- Great management system - Easy accessibility to coaching/management support - Flexible hours - Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the TD work environment

Benefits

Excellent environment place to work

Depending on our scheduled times as we work on rotational shifts, I start my day by preparing my systems to be on ready mode to be able to start taking calls from my customers. I have learned quite a lot and understood the procedures required to be able to provide efficient services with our customers calling in to report their issues with their credit cards.

Pros

Get a lot of incentives

Cons

have to wait too long to get permanent

Fun And Rewarding Company to work for

TD is one of the best companies I have worked for. I handled inbound calls with regards to customer accounts. Management is great as well as your co-workers. At times call volumes can be really high. The best part of working at TD is going to work.

Pros

good food at the cafeteria. lots of microwaves

Cons

no cons at all

TD Cananda Trust

At the bank I was a teller. as a teller my job consisted of taking payments, paying bills,making deposits and withdraws. I was also a secure desk operator. which meant that I had the ability and responsibility to open and close the bank. I would prepare shipments and count cash when it came in from the Bank of Cananda.

2.7K