TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative in London, ON

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

Very stressful, management always on your case if you do not sign up enough customers on products, back to back calls.

Td never has enough people hired, customers in ques that are waiting is normally 1000 or more. Always listening to your calls, different departments managers instead of helping like to put bad comments in about you just to make themselves look good. There is a lot of passing the problems with customers onto the wrong departments.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Back to back calls

Amazing Place to Work

I really am glad and proud to say that I was working with TD Canada Trust. Friendly and all-rounder environment, I learned a lot. Pay is great. They legit care about their employees.

Overfall performance heavy

lots of pressure on sales. Felt it from the first day I started working there. They also have such I high turnover in management that it seems you really had no one to really relate to and once you did they were gone. No real consistancy

Depends in what tiur looking for

TD is a wonderful place managers I should say some are amazing. The only problem I have with TD is how they give out shifts and ranks and you have to bid on a shift. It's very stressful and causes me high anxiety that I wont be able to be home and have to leave my kids unsupervised in order to make a dollar to feed then. And

Pros

Decent pay team lynches pot luck and opportunity to get an amazing manager

Cons

Dont accomodate single moms shift wise

Fast paced, rewarding, good advancement opportunities.

TD was a fun place to work, their benefits were great and my manager was great. I personally didn't like sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day on the phone, that is why I left. If you work well under pressure and want to advance in the company, TD is a great work environment. They have a ton of resources and help you move up.

Pros

Lunches, events, good pay, job recognition

Cons

Fast paced, desk 8 hours a day, pressure

If you like sales.....

Stress and pressure are what's offered. Continual barrage of letting you know how well you're not doing. Those who do extremely well are rewarded, the rest - see previous sentence. Various cultures and diversities, which is wonderful. Management are continually on you about not doing well enough...more, more more! Was told verbatim if you can't do it, ties will be severed! Used to be rotating shifts - now Bid for shifts. the better you do the better the shift you get. (will gradually weed out the weak when offered 4- midnight with Saturday and Sundays!) More concerned about profits than anything else, wasn't like that in the beginning.

Pros

Cafeteria and Timmies on site, various cultures and diversities hired

Cons

bid for shifts

This Was a Great Place to Work

TD is a great employer and has had numerous awards to prove that. Why am I not there? In a nutshell, my spouse had to relocate. I had actually taken this job because of the relocation, but was unable to act on that when the nature of the job made it a conflict of interest. I worked as a customer service rep for TD Visa and I was quite good at it, although honestly, I never felt as though I was. I was always extremely nervous for the first 60-75 minutes of my shift for some reason. There was pressure for you to make sales, as well as not failing compliance. On the sales end, to clarify, it's not as though you were forced to try to make sales, but you were expected to go over and above the customer's need to provide a "legendary experience." Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing to provide, but the pressure to provide it was stressful. Admittedly, that's probably a pressure I put on myself as I've always prided myself on my customer service. I don't want to give the impression that they were slave-drivers always pushing for higher numbers. Maybe it would've got that way at some point, or maybe I got lucky with my TM being a great person. The more stressful aspect of the job itself was meeting compliance. Banking is highly regulated and calls are constantly being pulled to make sure everything is being done properly. That sounds like a good thing, but from a job perspective it gets stressful, especially when the tiniest issue could cause a compliance failure, like saying a word incorrectly or stumbling over your words and not starting over from the beginning of a -

Pros

Pay and benefits, job security

Cons

The strict nature of the job

productive

Retail- customers are nice, coworkers are nice. need to sell products in terms of sales goals and investment potential. managers will help you in how to make advice

Easyline Telephone Specialist

Inbound call representative. Customer service but mainly sales. Great training before you are on the phones, but the high pressure sales and metrics were not always easy to achieve. Unfortunate part is that some of the shadier reps were rewarded for high sales, where retention should have been more of a measured metric. Company seemed happy if you were a top seller even though some reps sold only to meet their targets and not based on what was in the best interest of the customer. Very discouraging to see people purposely putting clients who were in a ton a debt into deeper debt to meet their quotas.

Pros

Varied shifts

Cons

Open 365 days, high targets, no time to communicate with peers

High Stress Environment

I worked here for about a year in the Easyline department. The job was extremely stressful. Calls are back to back with mostly angry, or abusive individuals taking their frustrations out on you. Management pushes sales targets and often unrealistic performance expectations. Everything you do is quantified and converted into a metric and used to rank you amoungst your peers. The pay for the work that you do is not sufficient. In my honest opinion I would suggest that anyone who values their happiness think very carefully about accepting a position. At first glance the benefits are attractive, but the cost to your mental and physical health is not worth it.

Pros

Affordable coverage/insurance

Cons

Ineffective micromanaging

Jobs at TD

Customer Service Representative positions, in London, ON
See more jobs

good

TD Canada Trust is the personal, small business and commercial banking operation of the Toronto-Dominion Bank in Canada. TD Canada Trust offers a range of financial services and products to more than 10 million Canadian customers through more than 1,100 branches and 2,600 "Green Machine" ATM

Friendly and Helpful Environment

Great and welcoming place to work, the training is very good and you learn a lot. Staff was very friendly and customers are mostly nice. Management was great, my manager really mad going to work very fun. Hardest part of the job was dealing with some customers when they give you a hard time. Most enjoyable is the people I work with.

Perform transactions for Customers

A typical day would consist of paying bills and deposits. I learned many customer service skills. Management was not always supportive. The workplace culture is well if you have a good relation to your manager and if they communicate with you well. The hardest part was customers blaming you for banking problems and lashing out so knowing how to handle these types of situations. Most enjoyable would be getting to know co-workers and hitting incentives for the branch.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Sensitivity on money

Depends on Management

A good manager can make your job so much better. But it is very 'company culture'y and very sales oriented. Depends on branch. Hard to advance or make a lot of money from entry jobs.

Amazing customer focus

It is a great place to develop new skills, they ensure all the employees know all the procedures. The organizational culture is great and the work environment is great.

day-to-day banking transactions

as a customer service representative, it was my job to assist customers with their day-to-day banking needs. things like bill payments, cash deposits, wire transfers, and problem resolution made up a good part of my daily activities.

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work and have fun. Dealing with customers daily is a great experience, learning every day is a great opportunity to grow such as you want to grow.

Pros

Excellent employer

Cons

Sales presure on everyone at retails branches

fun and rewarding

call center good pay fairly stable good insurance i really dont know what else to say but it wants 150 min so ill just do some random rambling and done

Good part time position

This place was great if you only need part time work. hardly ever hired full time. a lot of ethical issues in making the front end try to achieve high sales goals. hopefully things will change and they will continue to be a better company. They had great training programs

Great Start

TD is a great place to make your career. The people that work there is what makes the company so great. Work-school balance can be slightly undermined due to the minimum hour requirements.

Excellent company to work for

Management very supportive Advancement supported and encouraged Family first Customer satisfaction Advanced systems Supportive staff Training excellent

2.7K