TD

TD Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative900 reviews
Canada900 reviews

Found 900 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,209 reviews

A good way to get your foot on the door in banking

My experience working as a CEA was rather a good one. After working at TD for 8 months I realized everyone's experience will be subject to their branch management. My branch managers overall were very supportive, friendly and professional. There was always room to chat about career advancement which I definitely appreciated. Sadly, I left the bank due to unforeseen circumstances, but I would definitely say TD is a great company to work for, and the skills and knowledge you'll learn are meant for life.

Pros

Supportive colleagues, free food, career advancement, good pay

Cons

long hours, skewed work/life balance, stressful work environment, meeting sales targets

Great Place to work at

Basically as a CEA you are working at the frontline cashing checks performing the basic financial and non financial transactions/services. Cross selling credit cards, OD facility, saving/chequing accounts is also a part of the KPI and if you refer for investments/mortgages it is a bonus. My Manager was an amazing person very supportive and helpful. He used to help me whenever I used to get stuck and explain everything in detail. It basically depends who and how is your Manager. Some people around were good some enjoyed making fun of others and some a bit toxic and negative. Once you fit it its fine, I was working part time and they started reducing my hours and I was not sure when I will be full time or switch roles or advance .

Insights into TD

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent place to work.

Good working life balance. Easy going managers. Relaxed environment and no stress or pressure at work. I would highly recommend joining TD as it's a great company to work for

Ridiculous Training For Phone-line Reps

I started at TD as a remote easyline representative early in 2022 and recently quit because the training was unbearable. It is mostly hypothetical training where they explain to you how they use their very out dated systems (which don’t work half the time) instead of allowing you do learn it through hands on practicing. A majority of my group felt uncomfortable and under prepared when taking calls and even when we explained this and other issues with the curriculum to our coaches and managers they said they would take it into consideration for the following groups and there was no further accommodations they could allow for us. I tried to stay as long as I could but after a point it just became extremely stressful as you’re trying to learn their systems and procedures while they continue to push on your call statistics like how long you have a customer on hold for etc. I was also told I would be making a higher wage than I recently found out I had been making after I asked for my pay stubs, I was making about 1.80 less than what was agreed upon in my interview. Although this position may seem ideal for someone as it is remote, TD’s training is not worth the constant struggle and stress you will feel when you start taking customers phone calls, let alone the managers who brush off your concerns like nothing. Would not recommend.

Great workplace , supportive management.

Great team, manager and overall environment. Trainings available , advancement and growth offered.Onsite and off site learning.Great location options , great donuts in the lounge

Pros

Hours

Cons

Far

It's a banking job - typical experiences

It's a typical front line banking job. help clients, meet goals, help co-workers. Supportive environments. If you enjoy working with the public, and don't mind sales goals, then you'll enjoy working at a bank

Productive and organized with high sense of help customers

It’s been a great experience and lots of learning processes and procedures to become a good customer experience associate.Takes time the on-boarding process and lot of curses to complete in a time line.Very nice staff, helpful and friendly.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Not that great salary

Good management, slow progress

It is a good place to work. Lots to learn and the benefits are amazing. Progress is slower. Easy targets to meet if someone is precise. Lots if things happen behind the scene that is not informed to employees

Overall a good experience

Have been working there for a year as a teller. Overall is a good experience. But constantly short of staff, long line-up, lots of pressure and stress.

Good place to work for students

Worked here as a student and they are usually really flexible with your schedule. Good pay for students as well. Lots of opportunities to move up within the company.

Boring place to work- very corporate

I personally did not like working at the bank- they have very strict policies and very little flexibility- very corporate environment and don’t get to know ur coworkers on a personal level

Pros

Can work from home

Cons

Hours are not flexible

Not supportve

They said they care about you at the beginning, but when you need minimal accommodation they say the can't help you. You will be just a number if you need any help regarding shifts they won't help you at all no matter the reasons

Good experience

It was a good experience overall but stressful sometimes. Coworkers and colleagues were very good and friendly. Management was good but they push you to achieve certain goal. Clients might be difficult to deal with.

Overworked and not appreciated

Micro managed for every minute. Calls never stop and made feel guilty for taking breaks. Managers are not helpful and clearly has favourites.I wouldn’t recommend anyone work here.

Wouldn't recommand

Althiugh the salary is good and you can have a lot of opportunities in different positions, the work culture can be toxic and overwhelming. They expect more and more in every quarter and I joined a team at a time where everybody was looking to leave. The position I have is in customer care, but it consists of given customer service under micromanagement which was a lot for me personally.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

Micromanagement, toxic work culture

Takes some time to get started!

Tons of training provided. Great atmosphere. Great group of people always looking to help their employees reach their goals! Warm and welcoming. Lots of time to learn and ask questions along the way!

Rewarding if you have a strong work ethic

If you have a strong work ethic, management rewards you accordingly- no micromanagement, opportunities for advancement, quarterly/annual awards, etc, free lunches. Easy to get complacent in the call centre role and can be stressful if you’re not meeting your targets but management gives you the tools you need to succeed. If you manage well under stress and are looking for a foot in banking sector, contact centre is an easy entry point.

Good employer but tough dealing with so many angry customers

You’ll work with great people. Lots of turnaround though you can work with a whole new team every few months. You learn alot and have opportunity to grow further in the company.

Pros

Good corporate culture good benefits

Cons

Pay isn’t much for what you do. Lots of irate customers.

A decent role

The job itself was pretty decent. You do have targets to meet, however you have plenty of coaching opportunities if you dont meet them, and it isn't the end of the world as long as you are improving. Some customers can be difficult to deal with, just like any call center

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, decent managers

Cons

Stressful at times

Ok environment but has gotten worse over the years too much sales pressure

Had fun working with clients, but pressure to sell credit products became too much. As tellers, in time we were given way too many duties that were difficult to maintain with a level of accuracy

Good salary and benefits

Fulfilling. Lots to learn but they have great tools and resources. Lots of room and opportunity for moving up. 7 day banking is great for students and part time work.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Extended hours and 7 day banking

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement