TD
TD Bank
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

TD Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good for learning in fast pace environment but lot of places there are gaps in system which doesn't help much especially new processes and their training. And at managerial level I think I didn't get sufficient training but you just have to figure out mostly by yourself.
McDonald's would a better place to work. You become what they want you to be not what your talents are and if not they will find a way to make your life horrible.
Pros
Meet some hard workers
Cons
Loose yourself for no reason
I loved working for TD. The staff at Branch 1862 was amazing. Enjoyed coming into work. I never used the benefits while I was working there, so I’m really not quite sure how good they were. I used to work here part time and they worked with my availability with no issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Very busy location
The overall feel of the job changes with management. Under the "right" management, the branch can be a great environment to be part of. As a company, TD promotes a "bring your whole self to work" principle. The acceptance of this principle varies from branch to branch. Depending on the management team, you may experience a lot of micromanagement and lack of trust, even though you have been doing the job for several years with no issues. Many people at the branch I work at are not happy and looking for other work because they don't feel valued.
Cons
Cannot talk to management about issues. They do not want to hear your opinions or ideas.
Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.
Pros
excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.
Cons
long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure
Horrible experience. They pretend that they are people's culture but in reality, they don't care about employees or customers. They push their employees to act unethically to achieve targets. They ask them to sell products that the customer doesn't need or use. They form groups in the branch and be brave enough to say no to one of the managers. Unless you are hungry and you don't have any other job opportunities, don't work at this company.
I had a great time going around branches a d meeting new people. The pay was ok and the company had lot of potential for development. All the branches I visited were supportive and encouraging to move forward
They say we are a family but all they care about is the bottom line. Lots of pressure to reach goals. Causes some employees to do unethical service to reach their goals which is not in the best interest of the clients. Frontline works very hard but management gets all the credit. Frontline gets crumbs. Honesty doesn’t pay, if you are manipulative and dishonest this is the place for you.
Cons
Only worked there for a short period of time and it was on purpose. I couldn't leave fast enough. Such a demanding job and for what? Pay was barely above minimum wage, part time work, and horrible management breathing down your neck pressuring you to upsell everyone. Toxic environment with horrible managers. Pretty shady things I witnessed to say the least. Why I don't bank with them personally....
A fairly accommodating staff and colleagues are friendly. Supervisors supportive of staff with positive attitude Sales focused staff are well rewarded
Pros
Lots of challenges to win stuff for sales
Cons
Shifts are not necessarily fairly distributes amongst staff at times
Regardless of what position you are in, at bank level, you are treated as a nobody who is expected to meet unrealistic sales goals and tolerate repetitive abuse from clients. While there is room for advancement you are only being moved into a role with not much higher pay, and even higher sales goals that are impossible to meet. Very cult like environment. They want you to drink the green kool aid.
TD is a great company with great benefits and the managers I have are beyond generous and kind. Bonuses are quite good as well. I am very happy to be apart of the TD team.
If you're looking for a company that expects unreasonable goals, weekly performance reviews, management that smiles to your face and then throws you under the bus, then TD is right for you! They will promote you if you are a puppet but pay you as little as possible.
Pros
It provided a paycheck
Cons
The paycheck was not worth the effort.
I worked as a manager at TD. Left after 20 years. TD Bank become a culture of greed and profit. Clients and staff stopped being important. Sales, sales, sales is the motto for this bank. Even if the client did not need a product it was pushed and sometimes done without clients approval.
I loved the people and the location, we got every weekend off but the amount of pressure that was put on us and the stress was not worth the pay that we got.
Working at TD is like a high school popularity contest. I have had managers specifically tell me that they know who will be promoted before a job posting goes up. It is more so about who you know and less about merit. Through my observations, I have realized that there is a lot of bad mouthing that goes on within the company. I have listened to colleagues and managers openly say rude and negative things about other people within a branch or district. It is one thing for a colleague to behave this way, but when management joins in it is extremely unprofessional and sets a bad precedent. Nothing you say is ever kept confidential, even when you are guaranteed so. I had to quit because the place was becoming an extreme burden to my mental health. I thought maybe this culture was limited to the branch I worked at, but through my discussions with employees in other branches, it seems that they have had similar experiences. I will say that branch culture is totally dependant on management, so maybe I was just unlucky.
Pros
Accommodating to student schedules
Cons
Too much gossiping, popularity contest
Extremely stressful work environment, low pay. No recognition if you are a hard/smart worker or showcase great performance. Many employees have a slacking and dominating behaviour, putting pressure on the one who actually performs work. Management only care about their bonuses, extreme favouritism towards the employees they like. I realized how much time i wasted at this job, could have advanced elsewhere.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
long hours, pay, management
I work with the Customer Assistance Department (Collections) for TD bank and mostly TD is a great bank to work for. The people you meet and work with are great and you can lean on them for support. The companies culture and inclusion is one of the best around. The negative areas when working for TD is the pay and advancement. TD does not pay well, they pay based on seniority not on performance which is completely back wards. You could be the highest performing representative and still be the lowest paid. They are not generous when it comes to pay increase and the bonuses seem to be reducing per period. Management will always talk about promoting advancement and to some degree they do promote but it depends on if your manager cares enough to put in the time, which in my case is never, and from what other colleagues tell me its a lot of managers. Great place for a year of experience but other than that get out to a higher paid company.
Pros
People
Cons
Low pay, poor advancement opportunities
Understanding of employee needs not there at all. The favourites get on. Coaching and training not adequate to do job properly. Too much push for sales instead of focusing on customer needs.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Working long days to catch up
Each branch is different. The environment all depends on the specific management at the branch in question. For example, I worked at my branch for 3 years in which we had 1 complete change in the management team and a few other management changes on the way. The first management team I witnessed was amazing. They cared about their employees, built them from the ground up, genuinely wanted them to move up with TD and were very approachable. The new management team were not approachable at all, cared solely about the numbers that the branch is making and did not care for you as a person.
Hated it there and would not recommend to my worst enemy. Managers try to take vacation hours when it should be charged as time off with pay. Shame on you!!!!!
Pros
Quiting
Cons
Didn't do it sooner
  1. Customer Service Representative