TD Bank

TD Bank Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative843 reviews
Canada843 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.
Understanding of employee needs not there at all. The favourites get on. Coaching and training not adequate to do job properly. Too much push for sales instead of focusing on customer needs.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Working long days to catch up
Each branch is different. The environment all depends on the specific management at the branch in question. For example, I worked at my branch for 3 years in which we had 1 complete change in the management team and a few other management changes on the way. The first management team I witnessed was amazing. They cared about their employees, built them from the ground up, genuinely wanted them to move up with TD and were very approachable. The new management team were not approachable at all, cared solely about the numbers that the branch is making and did not care for you as a person.
Hated it there and would not recommend to my worst enemy. Managers try to take vacation hours when it should be charged as time off with pay. Shame on you!!!!!
Pros
Quiting
Cons
Didn't do it sooner
Great environment but might be stressful for an individual with less experience with customer service. It's a fast paced environment. Might come across some great Managers and Advisors who go above and beyond to help you if you're struggling. Overall, it's a great job to have
Am excellent place to work. I worked with an awesome team. They all made me feel good. If I needed a question answered, there was someone there with an answer for me.
Depending on where you work the staff can be amazing or not so much. I was lucky to have such great coworkers that always help. The pay is great and staff benefits are good. It’s a stressful environment dealing with peoples money and you get a lot of angry people on the daily.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
everyone you work with is like family, the mangers are there when you want to talk. the clients are amazing. you learn something new everyday, that you will use throughout your life.
From day one they team at TD has made me feel like one of their own. They have been very patient and understanding bringing someone new in to the industry and have helped me grow and learn. A lot of room for growth within the company and many different positions to choose from.
Great experience depending on your team. Very focused on reaching personal quotas which is not a favoured mindset considered I was working as a student. But over all good experience.
Many opportunities in TD to do a variety of positions. A big organization so the opportunities and variety are unlimited. A great culture of recognizing talent and moving people as quickly as they want to go.
I really am glad and proud to say that I was working with TD Canada Trust. Friendly and all-rounder environment, I learned a lot. Pay is great. They legit care about their employees.
customer service, deeper knowledge about various TD products and services.
Brilliant workplace culture with fairly supportive management.

The good part of the job is to be able to learn and apply new strategies right away which helps improve the overall performance.
I worked in a variety of positions from teller to administration. There is a lot of pressure for pushing financial products in the retail banking but otherwise, it’s just a lot of time on your feet, like any other retail job. If you have supportive managers, you can advance as much as you want, otherwise, it can be hellish.
overall the position as a teller was great. I just messed up my next steps within a role here so not much else I can really say. I would just suggest being careful about who you speak to in terms of your branch peeps (they can be very petty)
Working as Customer Service is sometimes fun especially interacting and creating a connection with them. We have to meet a certain goal per period and this is what makes it stressful.
Starts well overall like in most call centres, as time pass by the rope around your neck tightens more and more with harassment from management to reach contradictory and often impossible to reach performance metrics. If you are doing excellent in most of your metrics that wont mean anything, if you happen to be a couple of points below their expectations in one aspect, you will be harassed and talk down for that. Turnover per training class is huge. There is reason for that.
You show up to work everyday for the people you meet on a day to day basis - the culture itself is everything you’d expect from a big bank - boring, strict, no fun at all and the pay is ridiculously low
Very supportive management
room for growth

training on a regular basis

competitive

flexible hours

awesome working environment

great teamwork

sales goals
TD is a great place to work especially for young professionals just entering into the world of business and finance. TD cares about it's employees and wants to provide each employee with the opportunity to succeed.
I have learned a lot about banking products and procedures.
Continuos training support.

Good benefits and great management

It's a great part-time job