TD

Canada924 reviews

Found 924 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,341 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Fulfilling Experience and Learn a lot of different skills

There was a lot to learn, and had a good training period to adjust. Peers and Coaches were helpful, was exciting to learn about banking and financial solutions

Pros

good entry level pay, supportive

Cons

bad hours, hard to grow

An average place to work, if you need a monthly paycheck

If you have a family, You can forget about working for this company. Unless you are a manager of some sort, who work Mon to Fri, 9 to 5. Just a few years ago it was hard to get into this company, however by now they are hiring everyone, straight out of WalMart, with no experience. Honestly for the money they pay, they get exactly the type of ppl they have now, as their front line agents. You will have no weekends, No evenings, and no breathing time in between calls. Lots of micromanagement, They're all about numbers and you are also a number to them. Co-workers are fun to work with, trainers are good, but if you have significant CSR experience, you can find a job that lets you have a work/life balance for more money. If you don't mind the constant stress on your nervous system and love to deal with irate callers at 10 PM on a Sunday evening, TD is for you.

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Awful place to work

Would not recommend. Toxic work environment, poor management, lots of nepotism and few opportunities for advancement. Don’t actually care about employees or customers

Pros

Bank fees waived

Cons

It’s fun, managers make work enjoyable.

It’s challenging , stressful.Always need to be alert and on top of new and changing procedures. Need to be aware of updated security verifications and guidelines.

busy but team work

take customers and complete transactions meet daily sales targets. most enjoyable part is working with other employees. hardest part is the customers.

Pros

bonus

Cons

stress

Management is good but have to stand all day long

Management is good and understanding employees. Other co-workers are great to work with. Software is hard and complex to use. No chairs so you have to stand all day long, this is very counter-productive. I hope they fix this and have chairs at every branch for bank tellers.

underpaid high expectation low job security

i wont recommend it to anyoneunderpaid high expectation low job securitymanagement disconnectedcompliance will look for any slight error or mistep to fail you, they dont listen to calls to test you they will keep checking call afyter call until they find one bad call to fail you in the month.you could answer from 400 to 600 calls and it all it takes is one bad call to fail your moth vs 599 perfect calls you made

Fun, fast paced, educational role

-fast paced and busy location -management was supportive for the most part-there is room for growth and opportunity and management helps you to reach your goals-there is a big push to grow within the retail environment and they frown upon moving from retail to any other department (ie. finance, investment, mutual funds, HR, etc.)

Pros

collaborative, fun environment, room for growth

Cons

unreliable hours, part times depends on the hours they have available to give away

Love it

Working here has been great I appreciate the room to grow along with the trust from sr management I’m a lifer and never will work anywhere else unless I get paid less

Worst Culture and Attitude

I had a terrible time the staff was rude and they kept picking on me so I quit.The work was terrible the customers were also rude. They did not have enough chairs so if you left your office someone would steal yours. They only cared about themselves. They adjust your hours to whatever benefits them but you don’t get anything in return.

Pros

Cons

They push you to work until you quit

Productive and great place to develop a career

It's a nice place to work if you're looking to build up a career within the company, good benefit, salary is OK, depending on your skills and experience.

Great Place to Work

My tenure with TD has been the best!! I had enjoyed my time there with co-workers. My Team Managers where the greatest at helping me exceed in my goals so that I could be the best I could be!! The benefits are second to none!!

Fun place

Great place to work but can get stressful at times. However great management and great team spirit can help you succeed at this job. Plenty of opportunities to move up .

most stressful work

back to back call non stop for 10hrs. with 100% micromanaging. take 30seconds break or less to drink water or just breathe manager will message you right away or if you are late even one minute manager will leave you an email even its your day off. they want us to log in 30 mins before shift to read emails. not paid.. doesnt care about people only business. even your sick or emergency they will still ask you to work.

Pros

youll meet great colleagues

Cons

management, stress, micromanaging, pay and everything

Competitive and goal oriented

- Depends on which branch and which manager you work with, the culture is dedicated by the style of management you get- if you are a good sales person, this is a job for you

Not a good opportunity as I thought.

Not a good opportunity as I thought.The training is not enough for a new employee. The beginning of the training program is too easy, but the latter training is not sufficient for new employees.

Stressful

I worked for TD for 8 years as a teller. I found it to be a very stressful competitive atmosphere. Sales goals were hard to meet. I did not find the pay was fair for the type of work. High pressure.

Loved it

Loved my experience at the bank and had it not been for the lack in work life balance I am sure I would still be there. Would definitely recommend working there!

Great place to start a career in banking

Training is thorough and the culture can be high energy and fun -- I worked at a branch as a CSR and learned a bit about sales and various financial products. There's room for advancement if you do well and vouch for yourself.

Very nice coworkers but can be stressful

Great team and coworkers, but can be stressful if you’re not into sales. Enjoyed my time there but management may play favourites depending on the branch

Very fun if you have the right team.

Being a teller is very easy as long as you understand the customer's needs. Managers are always there to support. Teams are usually great but there is once in a while where the team dynamic isn't the best. But most of the time it is a fun company to work for.

Pros

Casual dressing

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement