TD Bank Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 724 reviews matching the search See all 6,038 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
Diverse and forward thinking company
Customer Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2019
TD is an excellent employer, who provides an environment where opportunities to learn and grow are readily available to those who are motivated and have a solid work ethic.
Pros
work/life balance
amazing workplace
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2019
well balanced job, great perks and benefits, flexible schedules, great management, tons of space for growth in the job, amazing coaching one on one with managers
Fast paced, rewarding, good advancement opportunities.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London ON17 April 2019
TD was a fun place to work, their benefits were great and my manager was great. I personally didn't like sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day on the phone, that is why I left. If you work well under pressure and want to advance in the company, TD is a great work environment. They have a ton of resources and help you move up.
Pros
Lunches, events, good pay, job recognition
Cons
Fast paced, desk 8 hours a day, pressure
stressful, very busy and demanding.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2019
While I was at TD there was always a large communication problem as most of the tellers only speak English, but the customers speak mostly Punjab/Hindi.
Pros
Staff is usually always helpful when needed.
Cons
Managers aren't usually willing to talk or accept tellers opinions.
N/a
Customer Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2019
good part time job while in school.
flexible hours
good way to strengthen customer service skills
advancement depends on needs and ability to cope with customers
Awesome place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Point, AB15 April 2019
TD is a very dynamic and uplifting place to work. I had the pleasure of working in a small bank and got to know all of the customers personally. Its a great place to get your foot in the door and move up!
Great Place to Work at a Student!
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
I have worked for TD Canada Trust for almost 7 year. Always part time as a student and they have always been extremely accommodating. TD does hire great people. For the most part I have had great managers and worked with very supportive people. There is definitely opportunity for advancement but in a certain process typically.
Pros
Good Hours, competitive pay, coaching
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2019
The call center was very good and seating was very nice. I like the work enoviroment and the people around u was very positive . The rotational shift was also good
Good company culture and incentives - POOR training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC9 April 2019
The management was always very supportive and helpful. However the training process needs to be re evaluated. They have you sit in a office for two weeks (alone), doing online modules and then basically throw you out onto the front line expecting to know what to do. Maybe this works for some people, I however am a 'hands on' kind of leaner. I was constantly asking for help every 5 minutes, and then having to stand and wait for someone to come show me how to do something (with a customer tapping their foot) leaving me feeling VERY anxious and uncomfortable. I basically had zero confidence standing on the front line. I feel if I had been trained more thoroughly and gotten the chance to shadow someone and then have them shadow me, I would have succeeded.
Pros
great benefits, good company culture, fair with giving time off, staff parties
Cons
horrible training, stressful and fast paced
fast-paced, high pressure environment
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 April 2019
Excellent benefits and great people to work with. Very high goals that sometimes feel unrealistic as you are constantly pulled in different directions without the needed support. Worked a lot of overtime because there wasn't enough staff.
Benefits
Cons
unrealistic goals
not the best place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 April 2019
did not enjoy my time here. Did not get the training I needed to be successful. One of the managers of the area I was working in spent more time on his phone or away from the counter than he actually did working.
sad life for employee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2019
This bank has means and technology and the customers are overall happy

the culture where I was was terrible, pressure selling , lies to sell products pushed by managers, pressure to lose job if sales target are not met, regardless of client needs or means.

opportunities to advance are given to the big sellers that are like by the boss, half of my team quit as well as me, the bank got in huge scandal taht year for their sale pushing and employees fearing for their jobs go to the extent of stealing sales, opening unasked for products..

management at a higher level is disconnected they ultimately reward the profit and lower level managers are pressured and transmit that pressure on regular employees.

Benefits are good 2 weeks paid vacation, higher up management seemed caring but clearly disconnected , I am sure they took measures after that scandal but I left before the result were showing.

Best part of the job was helping customer and being able to do my best with them with integrity that I never compromised for any target.

worst was the pressure schedule and false prestense of them caring more about customer service than sales when they clearly stress the contrary and their nonsense of not saying a sale but a recommendation.

I am sure its a great bank and not everywhere is like that but where I was it was like that.
Pros
good training, benefits
Cons
culture, stress, hours
Professional Work Environment With Access to Banking Expertise
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2019
Balanced work schedule with several different transactions on a day to day basis. The ability to move up in position is available. Great way to build connections in your own personal network.
Pros
High Flexibility
Cons
Low Salary
productive and fun workplace environment with table tennis NOT!
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON28 March 2019
it all depends on your management team, I've worked in retail sector of TD for almost two years now, growth is limited, training is non existence, favoritism and sucking up are the most rewarding activities , hard work is not appreciated or respected, but it literally ALL depends on who your managers all. they can make your life very HARD OR VERY EASY. the company itself is in fact great with good values and benefits and many opportunities.
Pros
easy environment
Cons
training
Great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2019
The work environment was great, and the team was helpful. The salary was a bit low, but considering the level of experience required, it was reasonable. Job advancement prospects were stellar however, if performing at top level.
Pros
Great job culture and job advancement opportunity
Cons
A bit low salary
Tight Schedule
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 March 2019
Managers hire many young people in school (like myself), meaning there is high turnover and limited availability. Managers become very strict with scheduling making it hard to balance a degree and a part-time job.
Great work environment
Customer & Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2019
Great team work, lots of chances to grow within the company.
Tough managment in terms of goals ( pressured sales)
Best workplace to learn how to deal with customer satisfaction and problem solving
Pros
Growth
Cons
Sales Targets
fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2019
your work doesn't get recognized. very difficult to express your

feeling. at the time of interview things can be asked. it is ok to work for short time
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2019
Your everyday teller job, help clients with their day to day banking transactions, provide excellent customer service and making sure they are satisfied with us.
Pros
Lots of free lunches if we meet our goal
Cons
Work can be quite busy and intense sometimes
See attached
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 March 2019
I really enjoyed working for TD Canada Trust, we had a great team, staff and management. They would continuously provide lunches for us and arrange branch outings. Every staff member was treated respectfully, we had a great management team. I enjoyed being a team player and to help with the success of our branch. Maybe one of the hardest parts of the job was helping a unhappy client. We always did our best to resolve the issue for the client quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Providing lunch for staff and staff outings
Cons
Great workplace for people driven to succeed
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC13 March 2019
Pros: salary and benefits, workplace reward and recognition programs, people.

Cons: asked to complete Learning and Development courses on my free time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K