TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

bank teller

helping customers with basic bank transactions. employees make the job fun, however, when short staffed position can be stressful to maintain quality service. branch politics is something that is very prevalent; if you have a good manager it makes this job all the much better. however, some managers can make the job difficult and make it difficult to progress within the organization. typical work day consists of helping customers with deposits, accounts and credit card applications etc.

Indfferent

Lots of advancement opportunity in different departments. Typical day was spent interacting with customers servicing accounts. There was a lot of office politics.

Productive but not satisfying enough

A day at TD as a teller consisted of depositing cheques and/or cash, paying bills, creating drafts or certified cheques and much more. There is a lot of pressure which I am able to cope well with. I learned A LOT about banking in general and what the best ways to manage my money would be. I also learned how to sell their products well. Management was either too care-free or far too hard. My co-workers are great; pleasant and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is making sales because most people do not go into the bank looking to purchase something, they just want to deposit money and go. It is hard to sell something to someone when they did not intentionally come to you looking for it. For example, people walk into a clothing store looking to buy clothes. People do not always walk into a bank looking to set up overdraft protection or automatic transfers... I enjoyed serving the customers. TD is HUGE on customer service and I love interacting with people on a friendly yet professional level.

Pros

There was no heavy duty hands-on lifting or physical work

Cons

Standing in one spot all day not being able to move

Friendly environment

Friendly and professional work place. Plenty of room for an advancement.

Great Place to work

I really enjoyed working at TD Canada Trust. My team members were great and they were very flexible with scheduling. I would have to say long line ups and repetition was quite tedious sometimes. But overall great experience

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

tedious and repetitive everyday

productive place to work

I helped customers everyday as well as other staff. I learned how to manage money and work in a fast paced environment. Management in Red Deer was amazing to work for, and management in Fort McMurray was ok. My coworkers were ok as well, but we had a very high turn over rate, so I didn't get to know them very well. The hardest part of my job was to keep up with the long lines in the bank in a timely fashion, and still be able to meet every customers needs. I love working with customers as well as on my own, and I got to do that everyday.

Pros

customers

Cons

not enough hours

challenging, enjoyed working with the staff. Good education programs on banking and finance

I enjoyed the banking industry very much. They had good education programs on banking and finance. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and dealing with the customers.

Pros

dealing with the customers and helping with their banking needs, staff

Cons

short hours

Wage not at par with Fort McMurray cost of living

Not an enjoyable posistion. I wanted one that was more challenging.

Great people, challenging work.

- service coustomers, answere questions,- I learned so much about money transactions, counter fit,- regarding management it was very poor no anderstanding with staf- co workers were very nice and understanding- closing up the day - balance, reports and counting all maney time limit- you could count on others to help out and friendly

Pros

going out for lunches together after work

Cons

stress so much.

professional and fun work environment

Professional work environment and staff. Lots of advancement opportunities and skills development programs.

2.7K