TD logo

TD Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Work-life balance

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,750 reviews

bank teller

helping customers with basic bank transactions. employees make the job fun, however, when short staffed position can be stressful to maintain quality service. branch politics is something that is very prevalent; if you have a good manager it makes this job all the much better. however, some managers can make the job difficult and make it difficult to progress within the organization. typical work day consists of helping customers with deposits, accounts and credit card applications etc.

Never again

Never again will I work for TD. Management was not good with people. They aren’t for the clients. They push to get goals even though it’s not in the best interest of clients

Great place

Awesome advancement opportunities, understanding management when sick or needing personal days. Great ressources for free and amazing benefits. Organized and structured, not sales driven.

Best place to work.

I love this place. This is a great place To Start .every one is very helpful. Customer are nice. Too Many Things To Learn.you can rest You future love it.

Rducational Job

Very fast paced job during the day. Fun group of people to work with. A lot of education on new products to educate your customers when required. Handle a great amount of money

Pros

No charges on your bank account

Cons

Standing for 8 hours at a time

Fun

I liked working here because it was fun, lots regulars to talk with and to foster a relationship with. There was always something new to learn. The financial aspect of it can be a little daunting but you can actually guide people into saving money by just educating them.

I have worked for a few banks. TD take care of their own. I worked here over the course of having my four kids and always knew I was in the best of hands.

It's a good place to work

I could help people who are having problems with their card or deposit money into their accounts and help new people open accounts and when they pay their bills I would put a stamp on the bill stating paid

Pros

Free lunches

Fun work environment

Bank teller responsibilities were to be responsible and knowledgable about their clients finances. I was able to learn vast amounts of helpful financial strategies.

Td canada trust

Work life balance is good, salary is okay not the greatest. Management could use an overhaul especially some of the customer service managers - location where I worked there was lots of gossip with the managers. They preach a diverse culture but I found in my location that was not the case.

Nepotism at its finest

Room for advancement but only if you 1) give up any semblance of your life outside of work to become a "I love TD" zombie or 2) become friends with management. Money is okay though.

Great employer

A diverse workforceUp to date technologyGreat Opportunities to learn and growFair and honest employerUses the agile methodology for project managementGreat staff benefits

Pros

Great employer

Its a good stepping stone

Its a great place to get started in the business world and to figure out which route you want to take in the future. If you want to move up in the financial field of the bank you would need to have a good strong sales skill to sell products from the financial institutions.

My Experience At TD Bank

TD Bank was my second employer right after McDonald. Big change but i enjoyed it. I was only 19 years old when i started with TD and felt proud to be working in a bank a such a young age. The team at the time was amazing, they made it very easy to blend in. I left after my maternity leave to start college.

nice place to work

Nice place to work for. Everybody was friendly. worked 20 hours per week. I learned to be more patient at work. Toronto was a multicultural city and that was what I enjoyed at my job.

Td bank teller

Td bank was a great place to work. The managers were great, and they helped train and guide the tellers with all the interactions. There was room for advancement, and the people were all friendly.

Pros

Great working environment

Poor job culture, non-inclusive

Productive place to work, but non inclusive. If you know anything about banking or the political world make sure you forget it all and begin discussing vapid topics such as shopping and other popular celebrity gossip. Not a comfortable environment. Very poor training, managers are never around the bank as it is usually empty. And they have a tremendously high expectations with sales goals even though there is poor support.

Pros

You get to dress nicely

Cons

random hours, part time, hard to get another part time job because of random hours

Very friendly and helpful staff members

I worked as a teller and conducted all transactions the clients required me to. Opened and closed the branch, filled the money machine and did daily counts with the supervisor on duty

It is a very good environment to work in.

TD employees are very friendly, understanding and caring people. It is easy to make friends and get along with co-workers. Pay is a bit lower than other banks but really great benefits. Also, TD provides really good discounts for their employees, as well as excellent employee savings accounts with good rates.

Productive, Fast Paced Environment to work

I have learned in my time with TD how to engage with potential clients on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of this job is going to work each and every day with positive enthusiastic individuals.

this was my first job

worked as a teller. would help clients with there banking needs. make sure my till was balanced at the end of the day. i would try to upsell customer where possible

Pros

fast pace work renviroment

Cons

low pay

2.7K