TD

Canada30 reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,353 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Not really team oriented

Worked here during COVID, team culture was non-existent. Work was really independent, and management did not offer any training or support during orientation, really had to work to find your own understanding of the tasks.

Rush job with poor management

Horrible culture, cliques and if your not part of it they will treat you like excrement. Poor management, little experience in leadership and conflict management. Try to see everything under the rug. Jump to the next job as fast as you can.

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun yet challenging

Its difficult to grow within the company. You can however meet some wonderful people if you search for them. Okay entry company to start your career.

Excellent benefits, decent compensation

Very competitive benefits that are comparable to government jobs but overall compensation can be higher. Caring management that will work with you to accommodate your needs, management help with career development as well depending on which manager you get. I've gotten managers that have tried to told me back and others that have actively encouraged me to achieve all of my goals.

Pros

Benefits, vacation time off, RSP matching, TD shares

Cons

salary

I honestly do not recommend this company

TD was my first employer in Canada. I appreciate that they gave me the job but overall the company is not recommended. Workload: The workload can be overwhelming. The good part of it is for the job that I had, I do not have to work over time. But I was made super busy during the day. The literally control you as a prisoner. I heard a lot of people have to work overtime a lot. Salary: It is NOT competitive. It is significantly lower than other companies. Sadly a lot of people will still apply to work in TD for the image of job stability. But TD is not a safe place where people constantly get fired. Especially the people in their 50’s to release the space for the new graduates who will get lower salary and more energetic for overtime. The salary is especially low for those who stay with the company for long term. They do not take it as a sign of loyalty and they take advantage of employees who stay in the company for long term. Junior Management: Some junior managers feel so superior than employees and they are not there to support you but to order you to do things for them. There is a quote from a junior manager: “you are paid to do this!” She forgot she is also one of the employees in the company. The horrible part of TD is the transparency of survey. Do not believe if they say the survey is anonymous. They are not, even worse, the senior managers will tell junior mangers about the exact comments from the employees. So if your junior manager is not decent, then you will be in GREAT trouble. I seriously wonder why the survey company can disclose that info. Senior Management: -

It's a bank

Not much to say other than if you want to work for a big financial institution there really is no difference between any of them. They all operate the same. Resources are limited, everyone is working at 120% capacity.

Td

Good culture, low pay and good job security. potential to grow and develop with the bank. minimal salary increases every year satisfactory management good HR

Fin-Ops in Moncton is poorly Managed

** About Management: There is people coming to work only 9-5 and doing nothing at all and getting paid, there´s people coming to work 7 am to 1am dying because of a heavy workload and ALL WITHIN THE SAME Manager´s team! Most Managers and senior Mngrs are new hire, this means the internal experience is 0 for everyone. ** About performance review: Even if you do the best of your work here but is not highly public (not seen by senior management) you will get an average performance, and other people doing a slight worse job than you will get Outstanding performance, this is because of how public the Job is. Some are public just because of the role some others don´t, if you´re behind the scenes making complex processes work nobody will notice even if you improved everything about them. ** About pay: An Analyst can expect to earn from 50 to 70 K a year, these wages are OK for N.B. but if you compare work-life balance for the most employees this is not very much. ** Expect to work crazy hours *** Expect to get non experienced colleagues above you. *** Grab one of these roles if you don´t have anxiety or depression issues. My experience was a bad experience (1 year) but I´m aware some other´s are having a blast, it is just a matter of how lucky you get when getting your role, I´ve got unlucky and gladly I´m moving on.

TD Bank is a great place to work considering the open work culture environment, flexible work options and great leadership support to move up the ladder.

Pros

Flexibility

Good salary, support, and culture

TD is a good employer for someone starting out their career. Lots of benefits such as learning, growth, dental, medical. The only draw back is that they push for sales and aren’t considerate with work like balance.

Pros and cons

Great place to work pay isnt great Company culture is great, upper management listens to suggestions. Raises are rare Lots of room to grow once your in, but getting perm is hard

Wonderful years

TD Bank is the Best Employers in Canada. The Management is very well experienced and devoted to bring progress to the organization as a whole. Everyone is extremely learned and knowledgeable.

good culture

TD is a big family, people care each other which make you want to work there. There are lots of activities during work day and outside of work time which help you expand your network maps.

Great place to learn and achieve

Excellent company to head start your career as a capital markets specialist. Innovation, critical thinking, process improvement, client oriented - all are integral parts of the business culture.

great place to work

great place to work, but it depends what team you are in as some pay lots of attention to recognizing employee efforts and person development where others are all just there to get the job done and move.

Look elsewhere!

The company relies heavily on contingent workers, ie. agency/contract staff. Although efforts are made to boost company culture, it feels like a façade. There is a clear divide in permanent staff and agency staff. Pay is lower than industry averages. Management lacks overall HR foresight. Overall, not a great experience. I'm sticking it out because I need the money. If I had the option, I would take some time off and apply to better companies/roles.

Great learning experience with great staff

TD provided a great foundation to commercial banking through their associate program. Learning credit from the ground up allowed me to apply that learning through my years of commercial banking.

Pros

Great commercial banking education

Friendly

Great place to work and build new relationships. Focus on your needs and try to help the best the can. Family-like atmosphere and a very comfortable place to work.

Pros

Friednly work place

Cons

Office is far away

Great job

I like the experience in TD MV. The culture there are open. The co-workers are friendly. And the daily works there are interesting. There are different types of models which gives employee a lot potential to learn.

Corporate BS like everywhere else but very good culture and good people. Layoffs every couple years. Never encountered any rude people at work so everyone is very nice

A Day At TD Bank

Each day would start with a personal review of my next occurring deployment. I potentially would have two deployments a day if I was doing a Staging deploy in the afternoon and a Production deployment in the evening. The review would ensure I was ready for Change Management meetings that day to get my CM record approved and also ensure I was ready for Gating which gets the Runbook approved that has specific details outlining all aspects of the deployment. Sharpening my organizational skills definitely occurred with TD Bank. Management was very good at being responsive to our questions, whether in person or by email, and with setting meetings to ensure that everyone on the team had an appropriate workload. The team meshed very well and assisted each other whenever they could to ensure we were successful with every deployment we took on. An example of the hardest part of the job was working until 2 or 3 AM and being back up early the next morning because of a deployment that needed to take place the following afternoon. Management would recognize this and give us time/days when needed to catch up on sleep if we had numerous deployments in a short cycle.

Pros

Flexible schedule, responsive management, location

Cons

The odd hours sometimes were difficult at times

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement