TD

TD Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC66 reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,274 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

good place to get hands on experience but be rrady for lots and lots of sales

ive worked for the company about 5 years and was at diff bank 3 years pror. td is great place to learn hnds on exp with mortgage and investments because you do it all yourself.

Pros

hands on experience

Cons

Not a good opportunity as I thought.

Not a good opportunity as I thought.The training is not enough for a new employee. The beginning of the training program is too easy, but the latter training is not sufficient for new employees.

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Very nice coworkers but can be stressful

Great team and coworkers, but can be stressful if you’re not into sales. Enjoyed my time there but management may play favourites depending on the branch

A good way to get your foot on the door in banking

My experience working as a CEA was rather a good one. After working at TD for 8 months I realized everyone's experience will be subject to their branch management. My branch managers overall were very supportive, friendly and professional. There was always room to chat about career advancement which I definitely appreciated. Sadly, I left the bank due to unforeseen circumstances, but I would definitely say TD is a great company to work for, and the skills and knowledge you'll learn are meant for life.

Pros

Supportive colleagues, free food, career advancement, good pay

Cons

long hours, skewed work/life balance, stressful work environment, meeting sales targets

Stressful

Fast pace, stressful. Lots of pressure from management to perform You have to be in luck for a good Manager50 percent of benefits paid through payGood option to work remotely

Overall a good experience

Have been working there for a year as a teller. Overall is a good experience. But constantly short of staff, long line-up, lots of pressure and stress.

nice colleagues

pay below average and management think the work load is reasonable when you are doing two peoples job. So many coaching sessions when that are unnecessary.

good company with ton of tremendous coaching and supporting management staff

good company with ton of tremendous coaching and supporting management staff, working environment can be a bit face paced and productivity demanding but it's common for big corporation.

Great management depending on branch

Great management depending on branch.Job is based on business development, more TD products you "sell", the better scorecard looks and likelihood of promotion.

Effective in finding jobseekers

Pros: Environment is nice through out company, great for young professionals, room for growth, good training. Cons: high stress/ pressure, pay could be better.

Good people, bad product

Be prepared to bathe in the koolaidThe TD way has been tested, tried and true.Follow the way and you'll be a six figure person there in timeI had fun

Pros

dont bring any work home, daytime working hours, team culture is friendy

Cons

no room for formal creativity

Overworked

Poor leadership. Double standard in promoting people and time in role only applies to some people. Talent should be promoted based on capability not tying employees to time.

Pros

Good employee culture, benefits, training

Cons

Poor leadership, undervalued, overworked, under paid, high stress, lack of opportunity

Lots of opportunities for advancement depending upon your manager

I worked in a variety of positions from teller to administration. There is a lot of pressure for pushing financial products in the retail banking but otherwise, it’s just a lot of time on your feet, like any other retail job. If you have supportive managers, you can advance as much as you want, otherwise, it can be hellish.

bad cultural

simply bad management ..The worst job I've ever had by far. The center is very nice, but that about it when it comes to the pros. This fake culture of positivism / and we're here for you - is so glaringly apparent. The second you slip up, you're punished with "guides and tools and steps" for your betterment. A.k.a do this or your out. A complete lack of empathy. My dad had passed away and i wasn't as enthusiastic during training - they put a note beside me to get out of class and go see the manager. I said i was going through a hard time - and i was answered everyone goes through hard times. They wanted me to create 3 steps on how to smile more and be more proactive in class!! How much lack of empathy can you have!!! So appalled. The management is toxic. Toxic. Several left during training, not bc of the job but because of the managers

Entry level position but managers were supportive

only critic is that didn't learn a whole lot given my backround and education level. great for someone with no backround. would be a good place to start especially with how many people you deal with.

Its okay

If you can play by the rules and be a good follower you can go far, lots of opportunity to move forward in the baking industry Why are they not admitting digital is going to take over the bank

Circumstances were bad but management was awful

TD Canada Trust is a great company as a whole, however my experience at my branch was horrible. The management was chaotic, the treatment during training and (overall probation period) was condescending and exigent... did not feel valued and felt left out most of the time. Stayed overtime nearly every shift, improper procedure would happen (some even done by management) and was told I was defensive when I would point it out.

Overall good company and good benefit. However, it's tough to advance to a different department

Been with TD for over 12 years. Enjoyed working with the team and proud to see the company's contribution to the community. Nonetheless, it could be discouraging when trying to advance to a new position in a different department.

Great Team

Get to work with great co-workers Constantly changing structures to stay competitive in the industry Pay is slightly lower than the average among other banks

Career guides

They have in place a truly and functional career development system. It is possible to make career movements relatively fast if you have focus and confidence.

Fast paced workplace

Your everyday teller job, help clients with their day to day banking transactions, provide excellent customer service and making sure they are satisfied with us.

Pros

Lots of free lunches if we meet our goal

Cons

Work can be quite busy and intense sometimes

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement