TD logo
TD
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

TD Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 1,325 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

Worth to work environment

TD Bank is one of the biggest charter bank in Canada with around 80,000.00 employees which include US and Canada employees altogether. It is a good place to learn and achieve your career as you will have a lot of opportunity in different department.

Pros

Many opportunity, many process to learn such as structure and management development etc.

Cons

Need eager to learn and you may upgrade your from time to time

An organization like no other

I have worked in the TD Bank Group for almost 3 years. Of the 3 years. 1.5 years in contractor capacity and the remaining half as permanent full time. The department I worked for Chief Accountant department. The entire department as a whole has lots of mature professionals who are willing to help each other and help people in need. My Manager in particular is a gem of all and I'm very much indebted and blessed to work directly under him. I feel everyone should have an opportunity to work under people like him at least once in their lifetime because you come across gems like these very rarely. There is ample to learn at every step with proper guidance and care. Not just my Manager, the team under him were same as him. I also had an opportunity to work with other departments closely and each of them whom I worked has added value in my learning. This is one of the best experiences that I'll remember for a long time to come.

Pros

Learning, guidance, fun, active, constructive feedbacks

Cons

The new Management in Moncton is unbiased.

Team organization,

Good communication of goals and project timeline, close ties to executive stakeholders, regular and productive feedback, encouraging atmosphere. Many subject matter experts were provided to answer questions and guidance.

Pros

Clear goals

The best bank to work at in Canada

TD is indeed the best place to work and grow! Its warm collaborative culture and numerous opportunities to grow make it a choice for life time for many,

Pros

Flexibility and get the work done freedom any time anywhere

Horrible

Hated it there and would not recommend to my worst enemy. Managers try to take vacation hours when it should be charged as time off with pay. Shame on you!!!!!

Pros

Quiting

Cons

Didn't do it sooner

Educational experience

TD was a learning experience In many aspects of my professional life, I learnt many things that I will use moving forward, however there are a few things that the company can work on in relation to compensation and work load Management

Pros

Helpful colleagues

Cons

Certain branches do not have staff to handle client demands

It's a bank

Not much to say other than if you want to work for a big financial institution there really is no difference between any of them. They all operate the same. Resources are limited, everyone is working at 120% capacity.

Enterprise Protect

I worked on the Risk Management side if Enterprise Protect. The people were awful, everyone out for themselves. Management was even worse. They also started hiring a lot more in the US, which is a different work culture. Very few women in senior positions.

Usually Merit based advancement

Work experience varies between relaxed and hectic depending on phase of project, experience of manager, importance of program. I had several different managers over the years, some were good, some were not.

Jobs at TD

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Productive and Positive environment

The company gave us the opportunity to learn and explore new initiatives. This overall boosted the employee moral. The management was very supportive.

Long working hours

Employees are very respectful and a great to be around. Always bringing fun and jokes during stressful times. Never a dull moment as worked poured in constantly.

Review

Depending on where you work the staff can be amazing or not so much. I was lucky to have such great coworkers that always help. The pay is great and staff benefits are good. It’s a stressful environment dealing with peoples money and you get a lot of angry people on the daily.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stressful

Average

Sales oriented, Its all about Sales, very Target focused, people are great but the only topic of discussion is Sales and there is no motivation to earn any extra commission for all your hardwork

Good Benefits but pays low for amount of work required

They sometimes promote the workers that have limited knowledge-ability of the work required and keep the competent and good performers in their roles. A lot of politics and favoritism involved.

Pros

Benefits, accommodations, flexibility with schedules

Cons

Pay, promotions, favoritism

Exemplary place to work

Exemplary place to work and a good place to learn. It s very collaborative.. The training is also very good and employees believe in management and their managers

Management won't care about you unless you perform

Beware, tread lightly, customers are always right culture here at this bank. If you have personal problems, you'll need to fix them on your own since management won't care about you, even if its caused by something at work, and in turn, affecting your performance.

Fast-Paced and Learning and Development focused environment

I felt like TD was a great grounds for professional development. My superiors were focused on job design to fill in holes in myself as well as their own.

Overall it’s a fantastic place to work

I really do enjoy what i do tbh and there are enough resources available to help advance your career. A whole army of support is ready to offer assistance every step of the way

Great firm

Great people and a terrific culture centered around doing whats best for our clients. The work-life balance was a challenge at times but the work was always meaningful.

Great!

The amount of transparency the CEO has with the company as well as the amount of trust that is immediately offered is very rare and it immediately makes employees invested into the company because they can see their impact each day

2.7K