TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Work-life balance

Found 1,323 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,750 reviews

Great work experience and on the job learning

It does help when you know, who is who in the organization. Networking and self promotion is essential in every job you go for. Your manager's support is extremely important for you to move forward. Your direct manager can make or break your career. But you learn a lot in each job positions, and develop your soft skills. Moving from one job to another every couple of years will help you move forward faster.

Pros

gain lots of valuable experiences

Cons

every job is stressful with fast paced environment and heavy goals

Team environment respectful

Team members were respectful and shared knowledge and open to buddy with peers to assist with on-boarding of new employees and new team members. Thank you.

Pros

Opportunity to learn and improve skills

Cons

To keep up with mandates once will have to invest the extra time to keep up.

Toxic culture

Top down management style, inadequate communication, the company has no loyalty to their employees and will do layoffs at the drop of a hat. Very little teamwork.

If you are good at creating fluff, work here.

Spent 1.5 years at TD, got moved from the role I was hired for into a role I had absolutely nothing to do with. This happened due to re-structuring. Leadership likes fluffy decks, make work projects. Found no real purpose for myself. Everyone around me was dissatisfied and didn't have a sense of purpose, seemed like they were all comfortable doing nothing and just showing up for work. Management is largely micro managing, there is absolutely no empowerment, people don't like to be questioned. This mainly applies to corporate functions and things are totally different in the retail and retail support functions. Bad experience so I took the highway and now work elsewhere.

Pros

Retail business

Cons

Corporate side

Solutions Designer

TD is a great place to work and I enjoy what I do every single day. I never have the "ugh it's Monday" feeling. My managers have been very supportive and accommodating. If I expressed interest in something, they would go out of their way to help me take on similar tasks.The only con I can think of is its not very easy to get promoted.

Pros

Lots of meaningful work, education reimbursement, performance bonus, stock matching, defined contributions, competitive salary

Cons

Promotions and raises do not come easily

Wonderful place to work

I spent 17 years working for TD in various roles, cities & departments. There was always opportunity for advancement & my leaders were strong 99% of the time.

Pros

Flexible, focused on diversity & inclusion & personal growth

Good team spirit and a professional environment.

I worked with TD for a very short time. I worked there through an agency. I discontinued due to Maternity and later moved to a different city. The I had a wonderful learning experience and working experience with TD.

Worst place to start a career

Horrible experience. They pretend that they are people's culture but in reality, they don't care about employees or customers. They push their employees to act unethically to achieve targets. They ask them to sell products that the customer doesn't need or use. They form groups in the branch and be brave enough to say no to one of the managers. Unless you are hungry and you don't have any other job opportunities, don't work at this company.

Great place to work!

The work environment was great, always felt supported. People were alway up for coffee chats and career talks which was probably one of my favorite parts about TD.

Pros

Culture, Wfh

Cons

Things move slowly

Bad experience

Was harassed at this bank by Management. HR did not help. Felt bullied and it was a frightening experience. Long hours, and working weekend was expected from the first week. No training, no guidance provided. Good salary and benefits, but not worth the scary experience.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Working late hours and weekends is expected. Over governance of projects.

Jobs at TD

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Went through the company's management training program and worked there for 5 years after as a branch manager and enjoyed my experience and the colleagues I worked with.

Pros

Good Benefits and great colleagues

Cons

Big Bureaucracy

Good Work Experience

Pros: there are lots but equality, benefits, security, flexibilityCons: archaic system, career advancement is slow or non existent, false promises, compensation is low.

Very competitive very professional but amazing benefits

It’s not easy to survive there. It’s a place for the best of the bests. Sometimes it’s stressful but if you can survive it’s rewarding for sure. Fast career growth for people who are doing well. Lot’s of appreciation and opportunities for the hard workers. But not everyone’s cup of tea.Amazing benefits. Specially health support is the best in the entire industry. Best HR support in the industry as well.

Pros

Salary, benefits, bonus, career growth

Cons

Stressful, competitive, micromanaged

It is what you make of it

Culture is open to new ideas and if you lead by example people will follow. A democratic inclusive culture - be sure to know all your stakeholders. Time to value would improve if owners were empowered to make decisions - lots of smart people with the customer in mind who leaders could trust. Typical 2-5 year movement at all levels is great for career advancement at the expense of constantly changing vision, strategy and priorities. The volume of change becomes frustrating if you are an outcome focused person.

Pros

Good culture if you put effort in

Cons

Constant change

A Very Respected and Warm Workplace

I worked for TD for three years, this is a great company to work for, but there was only one thing during my employment that I didn't like, which was the manager, really sucks.

Best workplace

Very good work life Balance.Great coordination between development and QA, BA teamGreat Management.. Always supportiveGreat opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Pros

Very Flexible work envionment

Cons

Contractor leave policy

great to be part of huge intatives like interac

it was overall great to deliver projects that were over 100++MM budgets and drive teams across various time zones and help build interac and IRM projects happen

I honestly do not recommend this company

TD was my first employer in Canada. I appreciate that they gave me the job but overall the company is not recommended. Workload: The workload can be overwhelming. The good part of it is for the job that I had, I do not have to work over time. But I was made super busy during the day. The literally control you as a prisoner. I heard a lot of people have to work overtime a lot. Salary: It is NOT competitive. It is significantly lower than other companies. Sadly a lot of people will still apply to work in TD for the image of job stability. But TD is not a safe place where people constantly get fired. Especially the people in their 50’s to release the space for the new graduates who will get lower salary and more energetic for overtime. The salary is especially low for those who stay with the company for long term. They do not take it as a sign of loyalty and they take advantage of employees who stay in the company for long term. Junior Management: Some junior managers feel so superior than employees and they are not there to support you but to order you to do things for them. There is a quote from a junior manager: “you are paid to do this!” She forgot she is also one of the employees in the company. The horrible part of TD is the transparency of survey. Do not believe if they say the survey is anonymous. They are not, even worse, the senior managers will tell junior mangers about the exact comments from the employees. So if your junior manager is not decent, then you will be in GREAT trouble. I seriously wonder why the survey company can disclose that info. Senior Management: -

Well managed team with Technology innovation

Very prductive throught Technology Innovation, promote growth for employees inhouse training and incentives for dedicated staff. Good working enviorment and office facilities.

Worth to work environment

TD Bank is one of the biggest charter bank in Canada with around 80,000.00 employees which include US and Canada employees altogether. It is a good place to learn and achieve your career as you will have a lot of opportunity in different department.

Pros

Many opportunity, many process to learn such as structure and management development etc.

Cons

Need eager to learn and you may upgrade your from time to time

An organization like no other

I have worked in the TD Bank Group for almost 3 years. Of the 3 years. 1.5 years in contractor capacity and the remaining half as permanent full time. The department I worked for Chief Accountant department. The entire department as a whole has lots of mature professionals who are willing to help each other and help people in need. My Manager in particular is a gem of all and I'm very much indebted and blessed to work directly under him. I feel everyone should have an opportunity to work under people like him at least once in their lifetime because you come across gems like these very rarely. There is ample to learn at every step with proper guidance and care. Not just my Manager, the team under him were same as him. I also had an opportunity to work with other departments closely and each of them whom I worked has added value in my learning. This is one of the best experiences that I'll remember for a long time to come.

Pros

Learning, guidance, fun, active, constructive feedbacks

Cons

The new Management in Moncton is unbiased.

2.7K