TD Bank

TD Bank Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON1,301 reviews
Found 1,301 reviews matching the search
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.
I worked for TD for three years, this is a great company to work for, but there was only one thing during my employment that I didn't like, which was the manager, really sucks.
Very good work life Balance.
Great coordination between development and QA, BA team

Great Management.. Always supportive

Great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Very Flexible work envionment
Cons
Contractor leave policy
it was overall great to deliver projects that were over 100++MM budgets and drive teams across various time zones and help build interac and IRM projects happen
TD Bank is one of the biggest charter bank in Canada with around 80,000.00 employees which include US and Canada employees altogether. It is a good place to learn and achieve your career as you will have a lot of opportunity in different department.
Pros
Many opportunity, many process to learn such as structure and management development etc.
Cons
Need eager to learn and you may upgrade your from time to time
I have worked in the TD Bank Group for almost 3 years. Of the 3 years. 1.5 years in contractor capacity and the remaining half as permanent full time. The department I worked for Chief Accountant department. The entire department as a whole has lots of mature professionals who are willing to help each other and help people in need. My Manager in particular is a gem of all and I'm very much indebted and blessed to work directly under him. I feel everyone should have an opportunity to work under people like him at least once in their lifetime because you come across gems like these very rarely. There is ample to learn at every step with proper guidance and care. Not just my Manager, the team under him were same as him. I also had an opportunity to work with other departments closely and each of them whom I worked has added value in my learning. This is one of the best experiences that I'll remember for a long time to come.
Pros
Learning, guidance, fun, active, constructive feedbacks
Cons
The new Management in Moncton is unbiased.
Good communication of goals and project timeline, close ties to executive stakeholders, regular and productive feedback, encouraging atmosphere. Many subject matter experts were provided to answer questions and guidance.
Pros
Clear goals
TD is indeed the best place to work and grow! Its warm collaborative culture and numerous opportunities to grow make it a choice for life time for many,
Pros
Flexibility and get the work done freedom any time anywhere
Cons
Hated it there and would not recommend to my worst enemy. Managers try to take vacation hours when it should be charged as time off with pay. Shame on you!!!!!
Pros
Quiting
Cons
Didn't do it sooner
TD was a learning experience In many aspects of my professional life, I learnt many things that I will use moving forward, however there are a few things that the company can work on in relation to compensation and work load Management
Pros
Helpful colleagues
Cons
Certain branches do not have staff to handle client demands
Not much to say other than if you want to work for a big financial institution there really is no difference between any of them. They all operate the same. Resources are limited, everyone is working at 120% capacity.
I worked on the Risk Management side if Enterprise Protect. The people were awful, everyone out for themselves. Management was even worse. They also started hiring a lot more in the US, which is a different work culture. Very few women in senior positions.
Work experience varies between relaxed and hectic depending on phase of project, experience of manager, importance of program. I had several different managers over the years, some were good, some were not.
The company gave us the opportunity to learn and explore new initiatives. This overall boosted the employee moral. The management was very supportive.
Employees are very respectful and a great to be around.

Always bringing fun and jokes during stressful times.

Never a dull moment as worked poured in constantly.
Depending on where you work the staff can be amazing or not so much. I was lucky to have such great coworkers that always help. The pay is great and staff benefits are good. It’s a stressful environment dealing with peoples money and you get a lot of angry people on the daily.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
Sales oriented, Its all about Sales, very Target focused, people are great but the only topic of discussion is Sales and there is no motivation to earn any extra commission for all your hardwork
They sometimes promote the workers that have limited knowledge-ability of the work required and keep the competent and good performers in their roles. A lot of politics and favoritism involved.
Pros
Benefits, accommodations, flexibility with schedules
Cons
Pay, promotions, favoritism
Exemplary place to work and a good place to learn. It s very collaborative.. The training is also very good and employees believe in management and their managers
Beware, tread lightly, customers are always right culture here at this bank. If you have personal problems, you'll need to fix them on your own since management won't care about you, even if its caused by something at work, and in turn, affecting your performance.
I felt like TD was a great grounds for professional development. My superiors were focused on job design to fill in holes in myself as well as their own.